1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

There are no manual transmission Access Cabs in NJ!

Discussion in 'North East' started by jjfraney, May 23, 2013.

1. May 23, 2013 at 11:12 AM
    jjfraney

jjfraney [OP] Member

Member:
    I've been looking. A kind dealer in north jersey told me there only 7 within 500 miles and 5 of them are in Massachusetts. Could that be true?

Dealer inventory web-sites show they are in stock, but when I call or email, no.

What season of the year can MT Access Cabs be found in New Jersey?

Even automatics are not in every dealer's lots either.

My criteria:
    2013 Tacoma Access Cab, 2WD, MT, (convenience or SR5 package).

Are the manual transmission so unpopular they don't get built, or so popular they sell out?

2. May 23, 2013 at 11:18 AM
    cdthiker

cdthiker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    WAY north Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma RC 4X4 5speed
    It was the same way when I went o buy mine..... finding a taco that has a manual thats NOT a six speed in a four door truck can be hard....
    I can't speak for NJ by 2wd manual access cabs are almost never spotted in my part of the world, I have seen less then a dozen on the road.
    4x5 access cabs are a dime a dozen,
    there is only one or two other regular cab 4x4s in my part of the world too

Toyota knows that their 4 door trucks are the sellers, so they dont make as many of what your looking for
    NJ to mass is really not that big of a deal if you find the truck your looking for
    good luck

3. May 24, 2013 at 4:32 AM
    pgp

pgp New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Massachusetts
    Copeland Toyota in Brockton, MA had a 2 wheel drive access cab, 2.7, MT, about 2 weeks ago. Good luck.

4. May 24, 2013 at 5:17 AM
    bash42

bash42 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Eastern PA
    Vehicle:
    '22 DCLB TRD OR Super White
    you looking for 4cyl or prerunner?

I have a 2013 access cab 2.7L 4WD 5SPD with 9,000 miles that I bought brand new at Freedom Toyota near Cabelas. I would be interested in selling....send me a PM.

5. Jun 28, 2013 at 7:10 PM
    bajatacoguy

bajatacoguy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    RI to NH
    Vehicle:
    Blk Taco
    OEM: Bed Mat Roof Rack Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover Door Sill Protectors KO2's Dobinson GTS Suspension TRD Beadlocks Timbren Bump Stops SPC UCA Rear SuperSpring SSO Slimline Winch Bumper SmittyBilt x20 Mobtown Sliders Mobtown Front Skid Avid Basket Bed Rack DECKED Draw Organizer Total Chaos Bed Stiffners Relentless Fab Bed Corner Tie Downs CBI Ditch Light Brackets ARB Dual Compressor Instant Air Tank Smittybilt RTT Road Shower II Indel-B Fridge/Freezer w/ Slide Ironman 4x4 Insulated Fridge Case Redline Tuning Hood QuickLIFT Yo_Hec - Center Console Molle Little Johnny III CB Radio KB Voodoo Flashlight Kit Switch Pro 8100 BlueSea Fuse Pelfreybilt Fuse Panel Mount Gecko - LED Bed Lights Gecko - LED Hood Lights Raptor Grill Lights Cali Raised - Bed Flag Pole Holder Center Console Tray & Organizer Weather Tech Floor Mats Weather Tech Hood Deflector TRAILER BUILD HAPPENING! Plate: Negan
    I'm in NH and had to order mine

6. Jun 28, 2013 at 8:07 PM
    Sbh87

Sbh87 CAD6

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Agawam
    Vehicle:
    2014 AC 4x4 Manual 2.7L
    When I go my 4x2 in manual another salesman at Westbrook Toyota in CT told me manual tacomas of any kind are pretty rare.

7. Jun 28, 2013 at 8:31 PM
    worthywads

worthywads Well-Known Member

Member:
    Peoples Republic of Boulder
    Vehicle:
    05 5-lug access I4 Stick, 70 Challenger Vert
    Be patient, you should not settle with the automatic, get a dealer to swap.

8. Jun 28, 2013 at 8:35 PM
    CBTaco2010

CBTaco2010 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    10 SR5
    I couldn't get a new access cab with a manual here in Nova Scotia without ordering it, I ended up finding a used 2010 with about 16000 miles on it, really lucked out

9. Jun 28, 2013 at 9:10 PM
    replica9000

replica9000 Das ist no bueno

Member:
    Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg
    Vehicle:
    2019 T4R ORP
    I got lucky with mine I guess. I showed up at the dealership, told them I wanted a red sport model with the manual. They told me there were no red ones around, but they had a silver one that just arrived hours ago (0.0 miles on it), and they'll take $500 off the price if I choose that one. Glad I did :)

10. Jun 28, 2013 at 9:20 PM
    worthywads

worthywads Well-Known Member

Member:
    Peoples Republic of Boulder
    Vehicle:
    05 5-lug access I4 Stick, 70 Challenger Vert
    Try contacting the fleet sales guy at the dealer. They specialize on finding those base model trucks that businesses buy for parts shuttling etc.

Any dealer in any region can get the truck you want, supposedly they don't sell 5-lugs in Colorado, but I see them all the time, usually with company badging, like NAPA etc. Local dealer got me one from Kansas.

11. Jun 29, 2013 at 5:15 AM
    vssman

vssman Rocket Engineer

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Naugatuck, CT
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 double cab
    Got to buyatoyota.com and do an inventory search. It won't tell you what dealership has the truck but it will tell you if there's one on a lot somewhere. If ther is one, send the info to your dealer and ask them about getting it.

12. Jun 29, 2013 at 11:05 AM
    jjfraney

jjfraney [OP] Member

Member:
    Took a few false starts. Can never be sure what a dealer says is truth.

I tried 'True Car'. They advise to be 'flexible'. Three dealers sent me quotes. Not one of them had the truck in stock. Wanted to sell me a truck I didn't want. No thanks. I guess I am not flexible.

Responded to an advert on Lawrenceville Toyota web site. Asked for a quote. The 'internet representative' told me the web site was out of date and the truck was no available, but he can make a really good deal (on a truck I don't want). No thanks.

Responded to an advert on the Manhattan Toyota dealer's web site, I got the attention of the 'internet representative'. She said the truck was in transit. We negotiated a price. Then she said the arrival date is unknown, and if I put down a deposit, then I would be sure to be the one to buy. No thanks.

The dealer local to me, here in Freehold, very nicely offered to special order one. Gave me good quote, but way low expectation. Wanted a deposit, which is reasonable, but I did not want to lock in indefinitely.

Responded to another advert on Holmann in Mt Laurel. 'internet representative' said he new exactly where one is and to send me a deposit. He would have the truck in a couple of days. Sounded real and sure, so I sent the deposit. After 5 days, I'm not driving the truck, and he says the truck was sold, or the other dealer doesn't cooperate, or....whatever. he wanted to sell me something else. No thanks.

Now, I'm about to cave-in....Remembered advice above and kept looking., didn't lose patience

Responded to another advert on the Shore Toyota, Mays Landing, web site. 'internet representative' gave me a good quote, and said it was on the lot, in stock, ready for me to drive away. Yes!

Love the truck. The way it drives and moves. Great feel. Color is ok (Silver Streak). Audio sucks (but I know how to upgrade). I'm really happy. My last truck, chevy s10, lasted 15 years 200K miles. I expect the same from this one.

13. Jul 1, 2013 at 6:12 AM
    Sbh87

Sbh87 CAD6

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Agawam
    Vehicle:
    2014 AC 4x4 Manual 2.7L
    Congrats on the truck.

Products Discussed in

To Top