Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

There are no manual transmission Access Cabs in NJ!

Old 05-23-2013, 11:12 AM   #1
jjfraney is on a distinguished road
jjfraney's Tacoma Gallery
There are no manual transmission Access Cabs in NJ!

I've been looking. A kind dealer in north jersey told me there only 7 within 500 miles and 5 of them are in Massachusetts. Could that be true?

Dealer inventory web-sites show they are in stock, but when I call or email, no.

What season of the year can MT Access Cabs be found in New Jersey?

Even automatics are not in every dealer's lots either.

My criteria:
2013 Tacoma Access Cab, 2WD, MT, (convenience or SR5 package).

Are the manual transmission so unpopular they don't get built, or so popular they sell out?
Old 05-23-2013, 11:18 AM   #2
cdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tim
cdthiker's Tacoma Gallery
It was the same way when I went o buy mine..... finding a taco that has a manual thats NOT a six speed in a four door truck can be hard....
I can't speak for NJ by 2wd manual access cabs are almost never spotted in my part of the world, I have seen less then a dozen on the road.
4x5 access cabs are a dime a dozen,
there is only one or two other regular cab 4x4s in my part of the world too

Toyota knows that their 4 door trucks are the sellers, so they dont make as many of what your looking for
NJ to mass is really not that big of a deal if you find the truck your looking for
good luck
Old 05-24-2013, 04:32 AM   #3
pgp is on a distinguished road
Name: Peter
pgp's Tacoma Gallery
Copeland Toyota in Brockton, MA had a 2 wheel drive access cab, 2.7, MT, about 2 weeks ago. Good luck.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:17 AM   #4
bash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bash42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfraney View Post
I've been looking. A kind dealer in north jersey told me there only 7 within 500 miles and 5 of them are in Massachusetts. Could that be true?

Dealer inventory web-sites show they are in stock, but when I call or email, no.

What season of the year can MT Access Cabs be found in New Jersey?

Even automatics are not in every dealer's lots either.

My criteria:
2013 Tacoma Access Cab, 2WD, MT, (convenience or SR5 package).

Are the manual transmission so unpopular they don't get built, or so popular they sell out?
you looking for 4cyl or prerunner?

I have a 2013 access cab 2.7L 4WD 5SPD with 9,000 miles that I bought brand new at Freedom Toyota near Cabelas. I would be interested in selling....send me a PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:10 PM   #5
bajatacoguy will become famous soon enoughbajatacoguy will become famous soon enough

Name: Lomas
bajatacoguy's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in NH and had to order mine
Old 06-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #6
CAD6
Sbh87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSbh87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSbh87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSbh87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSbh87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSbh87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSbh87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSbh87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSbh87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSbh87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSbh87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Scott
Sbh87's Tacoma Gallery
When I go my 4x2 in manual another salesman at Westbrook Toyota in CT told me manual tacomas of any kind are pretty rare.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:31 PM   #7
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Be patient, you should not settle with the automatic, get a dealer to swap.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:35 PM   #8
CBTaco2010 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBTaco2010 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBTaco2010 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBTaco2010 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBTaco2010 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBTaco2010 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBTaco2010 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBTaco2010 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBTaco2010 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBTaco2010 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBTaco2010 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CBTaco2010's Tacoma Gallery
I couldn't get a new access cab with a manual here in Nova Scotia without ordering it, I ended up finding a used 2010 with about 16000 miles on it, really lucked out
Old 06-28-2013, 09:10 PM   #9
replica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
replica9000's Tacoma Gallery
I got lucky with mine I guess. I showed up at the dealership, told them I wanted a red sport model with the manual. They told me there were no red ones around, but they had a silver one that just arrived hours ago (0.0 miles on it), and they'll take $500 off the price if I choose that one. Glad I did
Old 06-28-2013, 09:20 PM   #10
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Try contacting the fleet sales guy at the dealer. They specialize on finding those base model trucks that businesses buy for parts shuttling etc.

Any dealer in any region can get the truck you want, supposedly they don't sell 5-lugs in Colorado, but I see them all the time, usually with company badging, like NAPA etc. Local dealer got me one from Kansas.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:15 AM   #11
vssman will become famous soon enoughvssman will become famous soon enough
vssman's Tacoma Gallery
Got to buyatoyota.com and do an inventory search. It won't tell you what dealership has the truck but it will tell you if there's one on a lot somewhere. If ther is one, send the info to your dealer and ask them about getting it.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:05 AM   #12
jjfraney is on a distinguished road
jjfraney's Tacoma Gallery
landed one

Took a few false starts. Can never be sure what a dealer says is truth.

I tried 'True Car'. They advise to be 'flexible'. Three dealers sent me quotes. Not one of them had the truck in stock. Wanted to sell me a truck I didn't want. No thanks. I guess I am not flexible.

Responded to an advert on Lawrenceville Toyota web site. Asked for a quote. The 'internet representative' told me the web site was out of date and the truck was no available, but he can make a really good deal (on a truck I don't want). No thanks.

Responded to an advert on the Manhattan Toyota dealer's web site, I got the attention of the 'internet representative'. She said the truck was in transit. We negotiated a price. Then she said the arrival date is unknown, and if I put down a deposit, then I would be sure to be the one to buy. No thanks.

The dealer local to me, here in Freehold, very nicely offered to special order one. Gave me good quote, but way low expectation. Wanted a deposit, which is reasonable, but I did not want to lock in indefinitely.

Responded to another advert on Holmann in Mt Laurel. 'internet representative' said he new exactly where one is and to send me a deposit. He would have the truck in a couple of days. Sounded real and sure, so I sent the deposit. After 5 days, I'm not driving the truck, and he says the truck was sold, or the other dealer doesn't cooperate, or....whatever. he wanted to sell me something else. No thanks.

Now, I'm about to cave-in....Remembered advice above and kept looking., didn't lose patience

Responded to another advert on the Shore Toyota, Mays Landing, web site. 'internet representative' gave me a good quote, and said it was on the lot, in stock, ready for me to drive away. Yes!

Love the truck. The way it drives and moves. Great feel. Color is ok (Silver Streak). Audio sucks (but I know how to upgrade). I'm really happy. My last truck, chevy s10, lasted 15 years 200K miles. I expect the same from this one.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:12 AM   #13
CAD6
Sbh87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSbh87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSbh87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSbh87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSbh87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSbh87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSbh87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSbh87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSbh87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSbh87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSbh87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Scott
Sbh87's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the truck.