Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

New England Suspension Lift Installation Shop?

Old 06-25-2013, 04:02 PM   #1
FuryGrrl is on a distinguished road

Name: Heather
FuryGrrl's Tacoma Gallery
New England Suspension Lift Installation Shop?

We have an 09 Taco that we just bought a stage 1 pro comp 6" lift for. can't find anyone to install it (it involves cutting the crossmember). does anyone know of a good shop to install in the New England area? We are in Rhode Island. Thanks.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:30 AM   #2
Dog slave
Erik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
Erik65's Tacoma Gallery
Ocean State Crawlers are in Rhode Island I think they might do installs.
Central Mass Offroad is a another installer
Advanced Automotive Performance in Uxbridge, MA can probably help you too.
There is also Dave's Custom Creations in Charlton MA--his shop is a side business but he does nice work (welder as his profession)
Old 06-26-2013, 02:39 AM   #3

you're the best. i will look in to all of those places. thanks.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:15 AM   #4

Advanced Automotive Performance in Uxbridge MA is going to do the work for us. We have an appointment in a couple of weeks. Said it should take two days. Fingers crossed. Will put up some pics once the works is complete.

Couldn't find a number for Ocean State Crawlers or Central Mass Off-Road.

Dr. Wheels in South Yarmouth was also a possibility, but Uxbridge is much closer for us. Another place I found was Elias 4 Wheel Drive Center in Middlesex MA.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:17 AM   #5
replica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
replica9000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuryGrrl View Post
Advanced Automotive Performance in Uxbridge MA is going to do the work for us. We have an appointment in a couple of weeks. Said it should take two days. Fingers crossed. Will put up some pics once the works is complete.

Dr. Wheels in South Yarmouth was also a possibility, but Uxbridge is much closer for us. Another place I found was Elias 4 Wheel Drive Center in Middlesex MA.
Where in RI are you? 2 days seems like a long time...
Old 06-28-2013, 04:48 AM   #6

providence. pro-comp said about 8 hour install. these guys are tacking on a couple hours for possible complications and alignment. might take less than that (hopefully).
Old 07-02-2013, 06:03 AM   #7
tacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomataco2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

South Yarmouth is only like 30 mins from me! Good luck with the install, be sure to put up pics when it's on
Old 07-25-2013, 11:55 AM   #8

Thumbs up

Advanced Automotive in Uxbridge, MA was AMAZING. Their customer service is unlike any other. I can't say enough good things about them! We ended up having to replace the bushings in the front end, too. 18" wheels with 33" toyo open country tires. With the new bushings, alignment and install it ended up costing $1950.
Old 07-27-2013, 04:14 PM   #10
Dog slave
Erik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Erik65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Advanced Automotive in Uxbridge, MA was AMAZING. Their customer service is unlike any other. I can't say enough good things about them! We ended up having to replace the bushings in the front end, too. 18" wheels with 33" toyo open country tires. With the new bushings, alignment and install it ended up costing $1950.
Good to hear! I had gotten a quote from them for some work but ended up going with a friend for the job--told the Advanced Auto guys that I steered you their way . They are definitley on my short list of shops for work when I need it.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:58 AM   #13

sorry for delayed pics on the post. i had put two up on my profile but sometimes i have a hard time navigating this forum.. let me try this...

Old 07-29-2013, 09:06 AM   #15
JayC06 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jay
JayC06's Tacoma Gallery
Those guys are cool. They work on our company trucks. Nice truck.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:43 AM   #16

thanks. we love it. rides a lot better than we thought it would.
Old 12-26-2013, 01:03 PM   #18
TacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJay09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TacomaJay09's Tacoma Gallery
Just curious how the Uxbridge shop made Erik65's list of recommendations in the first place? I live in Mendon right next door to Uxbridge and have been looking for a shop to do a 2" inch lift with rear LP and front coils/shocks. In all my research this is the first I've heard of Advanced. I also found Dr. Wheels on a Jeep forum. If Advanced is that good, it would be sweet
Old 01-04-2014, 10:57 AM   #19
Dog slave

Erik65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaJay09 View Post
Just curious how the Uxbridge shop made Erik65's list of recommendations in the first place? I live in Mendon right next door to Uxbridge and have been looking for a shop to do a 2" inch lift with rear LP and front coils/shocks. In all my research this is the first I've heard of Advanced. I also found Dr. Wheels on a Jeep forum. If Advanced is that good, it would be sweet
Hi Jay--I live in the area too but other direction (Oxford) I ran across Advance in my travels, taking note of the modded trucks out front. When I got to a point in my overall install when I needed welding/torch work I talked with them as well as my buddy Dave of Dave's Custom Creations in Charlton. I would readily give Advance my business in the future though they were very cool and I think they appreciated my referral.