Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

shops in south jersey

Old 09-13-2013, 12:17 PM   #1
fj40taz is on a distinguished road

Name: Carl
fj40taz's Tacoma Gallery
shops in south jersey

do anyone know of any good shops in south jersey(close to Cherry Hill) that install lift kits..

i got mine today and i am curious what a shop would charge to install it vs doing it my self....

i bought the RCD lift..
Old 09-13-2013, 12:56 PM   #2
PreRonner
SixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixtyDashOne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ron
SixtyDashOne's Tacoma Gallery
id be interested as well, hehe
Old 09-13-2013, 03:23 PM   #3
pat1016 is on a distinguished road
Name: pat
pat1016's Tacoma Gallery
me too. need a lift on an 07
Old 09-13-2013, 03:29 PM   #4
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
moved this thread to the northeast forum so you'll get a better response
Old 09-16-2013, 04:13 PM   #5
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fj40taz View Post
do anyone know of any good shops in south jersey(close to Cherry Hill) that install lift kits..

i got mine today and i am curious what a shop would charge to install it vs doing it my self....

i bought the RCD lift..

Voorhees................ I spent my first 18 years living there.

I know of no reputable shops in the area, but I know of plenty of reputable members in here that could help you guys. I have the tools and knowledge, just not the time.

In my opinion you guys should start posting in the local threads and say hello. Start to get to know some of the guys and they will help if your cool and ask nicely (not right off the bat).

All three of you should really pop up to the Holman truck show and talk to the members there. 99% are local guys that are cool.

Also don't ask for someone to do it for you. If your interested in learning ask someone to help you. I'm pretty sure I could find the time in between my projects to walk one or two of you through the install so you miss the pitfalls. If you just want to pay and have no interest in learning or doing it yourself take it to Holman Toyota. They have some very good techs there, but it will be $$$$.

last e-mail I got from them

Hello All,

First I want to say for all the great feedback and support. Everything is set for this years show Saturday September 21st from 10-2. Please try to arrive between 9:15 and 9:30 so I can set you all up. So far we have 21 confirmed entries. I usually get a few stragglers closer to the show. As most of you know I don't like to say no to anyone so if you know someone that's thinking about entering please please have them contact me prior to the show. I would hate to have to turn someone away the day of the show. Our advertising has been set so listen for radio spots on WXTU and The Fanatic 97.5. WXTU will be on site with music, give aways and a chance to win some upcoming WXTU concert tickets. We will have food, ice cream treats and of course cash prizes so hopefully you guys are looking forward to the show as much as I am. Operation Yellow Ribbon of South Jersey will be here collecting non perishable and monitary donations. This is a great organization of proud volunteers who collect and package care boxes for military families as well as organize homecomings for returning troops, I'm sure you have seen this from time to time on the news so donate only if you are able. By the time of the show we should a few of the all new 2014 Tundras on hand. Feel free to contact me with any questions. I look forward to seeing everyone on the 21st.

All the best,
Phil Bricker
Truck Manager
Holman Toyota
24 years with Toyota
856-866-2000
Old 09-16-2013, 05:39 PM   #6

fj40taz's Tacoma Gallery
I will end up doing it myself.. Any special tools I am gonna need.

I have done a tone of spring lifts but this will be the first one of this kind.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:55 PM   #7
slo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
slo13zx3's Tacoma Gallery
if you wanna drive to nepa i have done a few and have a shop
Old 09-16-2013, 06:35 PM   #8
money pit
zopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Zak
zopperman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I will end up doing it myself.. Any special tools I am gonna need.

I have done a tone of spring lifts but this will be the first one of this kind.
i may be able to help you in Philly like the above poster stated if you want to learn about it and whatnot.

Which lift??
Old 09-16-2013, 07:07 PM   #9

fj40taz's Tacoma Gallery
Rcd drop bracket
Old 09-16-2013, 07:09 PM   #10

fj40taz's Tacoma Gallery
My garage is actually in Vineland...
Old 09-16-2013, 07:25 PM   #11
money pit
zopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Zak
zopperman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Rcd drop bracket
ive never done one of those, but i have a grinder! i can lend a hand if im around and you want it.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:25 PM   #12
Banned
Man Overboard is on a distinguished road
Man Overboard's Tacoma Gallery
Sub, I have a procomp lift that is needed to install. Have you found anyone willing to help?
Old 09-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #13
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Rcd drop bracket
No idea whats involved with one of them. Hopefully you don;t have to cut out the cross-member like the Procomp Db lift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Overboard View Post
Sub, I have a procomp lift that is needed to install. Have you found anyone willing to help?

Db lift or suspension?
Old 09-17-2013, 02:30 PM   #14

fj40taz's Tacoma Gallery
Yes mine is a drop bracket kit. That is what I wanted.
Old 09-17-2013, 02:31 PM   #15

fj40taz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Overboard View Post
I am gonna do mine myself have a guy at work that will help me he is into wrenching and wheeling also.

Where u located at
Old 09-21-2013, 04:18 AM   #16
Banned
Man Overboard is on a distinguished road
Man Overboard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I am gonna do mine myself have a guy at work that will help me he is into wrenching and wheeling also.

Where u located at
I am by the New Brunswick area. I have basic hand tools bit no way to lift the truck or do any kind of cutting or repairs if I mess up.