Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

2005 tacoma rusted frame

Old 09-27-2013, 05:18 PM   #1
Hebert is on a distinguished road
Hebert's Tacoma Gallery
2005 tacoma rusted frame

What steps do I need to take with Toyota to get my frame replaced ?
Old 09-27-2013, 05:23 PM   #3
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Pics and how bad is it?
Old 09-28-2013, 04:42 AM   #5
glk21c is on a distinguished road

glk21c's Tacoma Gallery
I noticed on my 07 (234,000 miles) the drivers side frame rail, right near the first cat. convertor, has a rusted through hole on the inner face (towards the engine) of the frame rail. Next time I'm under there I'll try to remember and take a pic.
I did call Toyota about it, age and mileage on the truck got me the answer "there is nothing we can do, suggest you bring it to a dealer and have them look at it...." I don't plan on wasting my time with that.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:49 PM   #6
thepinktaco is on a distinguished road
thepinktaco's Tacoma Gallery
I work at a dealer and have replaced a few of the newer tacoma frames and have a few on order. Pretty sure it's a case by case basis right now. Dealer inspects, sends pics and info to Toyota and they let us know if they are going to goodwill replace the frame.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:13 PM   #7
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=thepinktaco;7497040]I work at a dealer and have replaced a few of the newer tacoma frames and have a few on order. Pretty sure it's a case by case basis right now. Dealer inspects, sends pics and info to Toyota and they let us know if they are going to goodwill replace the frame.[/QUOTE]

Wow... that's really nice of them . They know from prior years that they have a major problem yet they continue to do the same thing with the same results.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:00 PM   #8
glk21c is on a distinguished road

glk21c's Tacoma Gallery
here are the pictures
Attached Thumbnails
2005 tacoma rusted frame-rustframe1.jpg   2005 tacoma rusted frame-rustframe2.jpg   2005 tacoma rusted frame-rustframe3.jpg   2005 tacoma rusted frame-rustframe4.jpg  
Old 11-21-2013, 09:04 AM   #9
Master Baiter
jethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Geoff
jethro's Tacoma Gallery
Nasty!! Go to a dealer and start the wheel turning.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:06 AM   #10
Master Baiter
jethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Geoff
jethro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
They know from prior years that they have a major problem yet they continue to do the same thing with the same results.
That's the joy of a very large umbrella policy! Why make things right when you can just buy corporate insurance!!
Old 11-21-2013, 12:37 PM   #11
Safe Act is anything but!!!
Techoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Retired CPO
Name: John
Techoma's Tacoma Gallery
We had one member from South East thread just get told to FukOff and his is so bad its cracking... another was offered 750 extra if he traded it in. Mine has started... but not too bad yet. It is INSIDE the frame! Toyota is well aware as 2009 + have rubber grommets in the frame holes behind the front wheels to stop the water.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:40 PM   #12
thepinktaco is on a distinguished road
thepinktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Done around 10 frames so far on the 05+ Tacoma's. Don't know why they wouldn't do it, haven't had one denied yet
Old 01-22-2014, 02:32 AM   #13
RbGar is on a distinguished road

Name: John
RbGar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebert View Post
What steps do I need to take with Toyota to get my frame replaced ?
So how's it going, update?
Old 02-02-2014, 04:00 PM   #14
Tacoma1991 is on a distinguished road

Name: Layne
Tacoma1991's Tacoma Gallery
My truck is rusting in the same spot as well bascially toyota and the dealer hasnt done a thing