Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

Wheelin 101 - April 4th @ Rausch Creek

Old 03-10-2009, 07:00 AM   #1
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Wheelin 101 - April 4th @ Rausch Creek - CLOSED

Greetings Gang,

Saturday April 4th @ Rausch Creek offroad park - the Keystone Krawlers offroad club will be holding a *Wheeling 101* trip. This trip is specifically designed for the new folks & first timers who wanna get their feet wet in offroading. There should be a small lecture in the morning about offroading, offroad driving, and trail etiquette. And there will be seasoned wheelers there to help/assist you with anything, spotting, coaching, & what-not.

If you're interested in attending - Please contact me via e-mail
Events@keystonekrawlers.com OR jandy@lieblweb.com

CLOSED!
If you plan to attend Please send your name & e-mail address: If you are new to RC please get there before 8am to fill out all your registration paperwork. The Wheelin 101 group is meeting at 8:30 am.

Anyone is welcome!! First timers, newbies, experienced wheelers, any 4WD vehicles..... but make a note - we will be running GREEN (easy) trails all day and utilizing our time primarily to help the first timers & new folks.

If you are attending - please make sure your vehicle is maintained and prepared for a day on the trails. Make sure you dress accordingly for the weather and also wear hiking books and/or sturdy sneakers/shoes. Bring a cooler with a packed lunch and drinks (no alcohol!!). We will be on the trails most of the day stopping for lunch and generally stay on the trails till late afternoon or later.

Rausch Creek offroad Park is located in Tower City/Tremont PA area. It's a Pay-to-play park.
For more information about the park:
http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/index.php
Trail maps
http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/sis/maps.php
Rules & Regulations
http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/sis/rnr.php
Directions
http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/sis/direct.php

And for some information about offroading, driving, & trail etiquette:
http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/sis/maps.php

My husband and I will be in attendance helping out with the event, coaching, spotting, etc.

If you have any questions -feel free to ask!!
Hope to see ya there!
Old 03-10-2009, 07:07 AM   #2
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Recommended, subscribed, and bumped.

Rausch Creek is a great place to 'wheel regardless of skill level or rig. For those within a 3 hour radius, make this trip a priority.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:25 PM   #3
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
yes awsome place to wheel.been there many times..with the jeep of course
Old 03-11-2009, 11:06 AM   #4
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Bump for a new day.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:31 PM   #5

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Bump to keep this on the radar.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:20 AM   #6
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
The Wheelin 101 is officially CLOSED!

If you're interested in attending one of these in the future, feel free to send me your e-mail address to Events@keystonekrawlers.com. I'll send you an e-mail and let you know when the next event is scheduled.

Thank You!
Looking forward to this event!

For those of you who are signed up, check your e-mail through out the week for more details.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:37 AM   #7
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
excited for the next one! i think im ready to try out some good trails with some good people.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:31 AM   #8
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Had a GREAT time on Saturday!
Had about 16 people sign up. About 5 people dropped out the week prior, and two rigs didn't show up that morning. I was limited on staff towards the end but managed to get enough peeps to help run this thing. In the end, we had 3 staff rigs & about 9 attendees.

Not sure when the next one will be ....possibly in June or July.

If you're interested in one of these events - shoot me a PM with your e-mail address. I'll send you an e-mail when the next event is on the calender.

Here are the picts!
http://community.webshots.com/album/...host=community
http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...x4/2009-04-03/
http://www.lieblweb.com/cpg/thumbnails.php?album=147
http://picasaweb.google.com/Ronin.13...at=directlink#
http://s623.photobucket.com/albums/tt316/93REDYJ/
Old 04-07-2009, 05:29 AM   #9
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like a great event. I would like to see something like that around Western PA. I'm not sure we have a park like Rausch though. I know there are some in Ohio - like Wellsville. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

How much did you charge for attendance?

Anyway, I though Rausch Park closed because of environmental concerns?
Old 04-07-2009, 03:09 PM   #10
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veccster View Post
Looks like a great event. I would like to see something like that around Western PA. I'm not sure we have a park like Rausch though. I know there are some in Ohio - like Wellsville. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

How much did you charge for attendance?

Anyway, I though Rausch Park closed because of environmental concerns?
You might be thinking of Paragon Adventure Park up in Hazleton. That closed about 2 years ago because the land was sold (or something to that affect) and there were plans for someone to build a cargo airport up there.

Rausch Creek is fully operational.
http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/
They even have RockCrawling competitions there every year - called RCrocs. http://www.rcrocs.com/
And if you're into motorcross - they have a motorcross area also.
http://www.rauschcreekracing.com/cwo/Home

Our club doesn't charge any additional fees. The only fees involved are the fees the offroad park charges. If you've never been there, it's $10 yearly membership fee (once per year) and the daily fee is $35 per vehicle/driver ($5 for each passenger).

They have onsite (primitive) camping available too, if you need to make a weekend of it.

There's another offroad park near Pattoon, PA. It's called Rock Run Adventure Park.
It's not open fulltime to vehicles yet....but they do have OPEN weekends.
Check 'em out. I'm trying to get my butt over there this year if I can find a trailer to rent.
http://www.rockrunrecreation.com/
Old 04-07-2009, 03:24 PM   #11
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks Janster...yes I was thinking of Paragon. I wrote several letters to try and keep that park open but I believe the owners were screwed by the land lords who sold out on their contract. Never been there but did my part to help.

Anyway, I've been to Rock Run a bunch of times to ride dirt bikes. I didn't think they had days open for vehicles. I'll have to look into that! It is a great park for dirt bikes and, now that I think about it, it would be fun in a truck too.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:23 AM   #12
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks Janster...yes I was thinking of Paragon. I wrote several letters to try and keep that park open but I believe the owners were screwed by the land lords who sold out on their contract. Never been there but did my part to help.

Anyway, I've been to Rock Run a bunch of times to ride dirt bikes. I didn't think they had days open for vehicles. I'll have to look into that! It is a great park for dirt bikes and, now that I think about it, it would be fun in a truck too.
Yeah, Paragon was AWESOME!! I miss that place. When it closed down, it was one of the reasons why we sold the Dodge/trailer and got into a tacoma again (not a bad thing).

What are the trails like at Rock Run? I wonder if they use different trails for vehicles & bikes? I dunno.... All the pictures I've seen are pretty extreme stuff. Not necessarily interested in extreme wheelin. I'm getting older and enjoy the medium stuff (stuff that you don't need spotting through).
Old 04-08-2009, 08:33 AM   #13
bass turds

For dirt bikes, the Rock Run trails are easy. For trucks, there would be some fun areas but nothing too challenging. As of now, they do not have any other trails in the area. They are expanding greatly and have huge plans for the next couple years (2 mx tracks, hillclimbs, hundreds of miles of trails, washing areas, camping grounds, etc. It is state funded and hopefully continues to receive money.

The trails accomodate UTV's, like the Ranger or Rhino. I can't see trucks getting through some of the tighter turns and narrow hills. I'm sure there are some trails that would not be a problem. The scenery alone would be worth it!

Here are some pictures from Rock Run:

Difficult to see but this is a challenging steep and rocky corner:

A lot of trails like this would be great for trucks - FRONT SHOT:

REAR SHOT:

My nephew posing for the ladies...field trails in the background:

I have more somewhere but can't find them.

OK...so I just visited their website and learned they are testing trails for vehicles / 4x4 / rock crawling. Here are some pics but it looks extreme!

http://www.rockrunrecreation.com/ind...t01returnid=32

I won't even ride that terrain on my bike!
Old 04-08-2009, 08:36 AM   #14
bass turds

From their website:

Quote:
03/12/09
4x4 trails

The 2009 4x4 wheeling season is just around the corner!
Rock Run Recreation Area and the Western PA 4x4 Trails Advisory Committee would like to thank you for making 2008 a successful first season at the park. We have learned quite a bit in our fisrt year and hope to make some changes in how we will operate for the 2009 season.

Unlike last year, the open rides will not require any pre-registration. The committee will still provide one or more trained guides for each open trail date. For clubs who wish to have a club-only trail ride, we will gladly accept your group of 15 or more trucks. If your club would like to join up with another club please visit http://wpa4xtrac.org, join the forum, introduce yourself and inquire about other clubs.

The riding fees will remain the same as last years, daily driver is $25.00 and daily passenger is $5.00. Camping is $10.00 for a group of no more than 6 persons at one site, the camp sites are close, so you can camp with your whole group. It is recommended that you pre-register for camping, please visit planning your visit on our web site.

If you have any questions or would like to request a club-only trail date, please contact Rock Run at rock_run@verizon.net or Dan Guyer at dan58@marylandcreepers.com

April 4 - OPEN
May 9 - OPEN
June 14 - OPEN
July 11 - OPEN
August 2 - OPEN
Sept 20 - OPEN
Oct 10 - OPEN
Thank you for pointing this out. I would like to organize a trip out there to wheel!
Old 04-08-2009, 02:41 PM   #15
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
From their website:
Thank you for pointing this out. I would like to organize a trip out there to wheel!
Yup, I've been bugging Dan (e-mails) for a while about stuff. Our club has picked July 11th to go. It'll just be an organized group of members heading over there. I have a lead on a trailer to use to haul the jeep - but probably need to borrow my mother-in-laws V8 Grand Cherokee. It's all up in the air right now..... but atleast I've got plenty of time. We've towed with that Grand Cherokee before, so I'd rather do that then try to tow with the tacoma.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:22 PM   #16
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Veccster, BeaveRun has a OHV area.

I'm sure it isn't as nice as a OHV park, but it's the only one I know of around Pittsburgh.

http://www.beaverun.com/dirt_days.php