Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

North East Skiing Thread!!

Old 12-10-2013, 05:24 AM   #22
sander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
sander1036's Tacoma Gallery
So I'm getting 6"s down here today... wanted to go to the slope 45minutes from me but they wont be opening during this week because they want to take advantage of the cold weather to blow snow.......... IDIOTS
Old 12-10-2013, 05:26 AM   #23
BostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
BostonBilly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander1036 View Post
So I'm getting 6"s down here today... wanted to go to the slope 45minutes from me but they wont be opening during this week because they want to take advantage of the cold weather to blow snow.......... IDIOTS
That sucks and makes no sense. Open up and make some money
Old 12-10-2013, 05:28 AM   #24
sander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsander1036 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBilly View Post
That sucks and makes no sense. Open up and make some money
Exactly my thoughts! they have an average base of 12 to 15" on the trails that are open already
Old 12-10-2013, 05:36 AM   #25
Jrice00 is on a distinguished road
Army: Cadet
Jrice00's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a Maine skier. I love Sunday River and Saddleback. The loaf isn't my favorite because too many snobby people travel up from CT & MA and have no manners.. Hopefully I see some of you out on the mountain this winter!
Old 12-10-2013, 07:46 AM   #26
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander1036 View Post
Exactly my thoughts! they have an average base of 12 to 15" on the trails that are open already
They do that around here too, don't get me started on Whiteface... State owned ski areas just don't work... Then you also have the politics of it as well as the Lake Placid business owners who think they own the Mt.
It's a mess...
Old 12-10-2013, 07:56 AM   #27
Tail Striker
flyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cam
flyboy.co2's Tacoma Gallery
I love skiing and snowboarding! I'm hoping to make my way up to killington this winter.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:38 PM   #28
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Storm headed our way!!

Old 12-16-2013, 06:55 PM   #29
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
woot that storm was sweet.....about 16"+ at mt snow......
just got back 3 days wooot
great times
it was -7 with a high temp of 7....dam near froze my face off without my face /neck warmer........
snow was as fluffy and crystallized as you can get....woooot
broke in my new boots......
lost mt goggles and hat
here is the place i stayed at....."my friends house"

Old 12-16-2013, 06:59 PM   #30
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrice00 View Post
I'm a Maine skier. I love Sunday River and Saddleback. The loaf isn't my favorite because too many snobby people travel up from CT & MA and have no manners.. Hopefully I see some of you out on the mountain this winter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy.co2 View Post
I love skiing and snowboarding! I'm hoping to make my way up to killington this winter.
My friend has a condo at killington, let me know when your going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
woot that storm was sweet.....about 16"+ at mt snow......
One of my best friends works on the park crew at snow, look out for the crispy whips crew!
Old 12-16-2013, 07:05 PM   #31
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post

My friend has a condo at killington, let me know when your going.

One of my best friends works on the park crew at snow, look out for the crispy whips crew!
will do i will be heading back the second week in jan for the torchlight parade and fireworks show and of course to ride

i will also be at hunter poss. sat or sunday this weekend....depending on weather of course
Old 12-16-2013, 08:04 PM   #32
Tail Striker
flyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cam
flyboy.co2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
My friend has a condo at killington, let me know when your going

Yes I will! It wont be for a little bit though... school has me swamped. I forgot how much finals suck.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:16 PM   #33
BRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
BRUIN8124's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrice00 View Post
AGREED! Sugarloaf is getting more and more snobby over the years! (but they think its laid back and chill) I have always felt the same way about Sunday River too. Those 2 are just way too expensive! I realize skiing is an expensive sport but holy highway robbery!

I love Saddleback! It has become my absolute favorite! It is a hidden gem for sure!

Actually... Wait a second... Saddleback sucks! Dont EVER go there! Stay away!
Old 12-17-2013, 08:34 PM   #34
JoeySauce has much to be proud ofJoeySauce has much to be proud ofJoeySauce has much to be proud ofJoeySauce has much to be proud ofJoeySauce has much to be proud ofJoeySauce has much to be proud ofJoeySauce has much to be proud ofJoeySauce has much to be proud ofJoeySauce has much to be proud of

JoeySauce's Tacoma Gallery
was just thinking about starting a thread like this

From philly but I get my ass up north as much as possible, just did killington 13-15th. over a foot of pow saturday night made sunday a blast, although it was pushed off pretty quick due to the crowds. haven't seen that place so packed.

my out west trip this year is canceled, but that just means i'll be making a few more trips north. hope to get to ride with some of you!
Old 12-20-2013, 12:34 PM   #35
I'd rather be skiing...

Law Enforcement:
Skinned up Whiteface today and put the new Dukes to the test. Liked them a lot and they ski well too. Earned some turns today!
Old 01-01-2014, 05:17 PM   #36
BIG DADDY

wooot 18+ in route see you up there fri/sat
Old 01-01-2014, 06:01 PM   #37
I'd rather be skiing...

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
wooot 18+ in route see you up there fri/sat
You know something I don't?! Who's getting 18"??
Old 01-01-2014, 06:05 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by teneighty View Post
You know something I don't?! Who's getting 18"??
Hercules is coming

http://www.weather.com/video/winter-...you-get-42444?
Old 01-01-2014, 06:08 PM   #39
BIG DADDY

Old 01-01-2014, 08:28 PM   #40
I'd rather be skiing...

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
I haven't seen this at all... I've seen a 50% chance of snow showers and that's it. What source is it? I'll be there at 6am skinning up if we do get it!