Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

Hey Connecticut!

Old 01-11-2014, 11:40 AM   #41
davered00ss is on a distinguished road
davered00ss's Tacoma Gallery
lol, I know its going to happen, you should see the dents in the X. Good thing I traded it in at night. They couldn't see them well. I felt the same way when I traded my jeep in on the xterra. didn't want to scratch it until the first few parking lot dents.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:39 PM   #42
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by davered00ss View Post
lol, I know its going to happen, you should see the dents in the X. Good thing I traded it in at night. They couldn't see them well. I felt the same way when I traded my jeep in on the xterra. didn't want to scratch it until the first few parking lot dents.
Was the X built? My buddy use to have one, it was awesome.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:25 PM   #43
Nothing special. it was a pretty trail ready vehicle the way it came. just put on better tires
Old 01-11-2014, 05:12 PM   #44
TRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud ofTRD Toy85 has much to be proud of
TRD Toy85's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by davered00ss View Post
Canterbury CT here. Just got a 2013 TRD Double cab. Looking for some nerf bars. Any recommendations? Stocks are $380 on ebay. Havent had any luck on craigs list or ebay.
Interested in buying some OEM steps painted with black hurculiner and clear ?

Fit a double cab long bed only
Old 01-11-2014, 07:47 PM   #45
I'd definitely be interested in checking them out. Where in ct are you and how much do you want for them? Have any pics?
Old 01-12-2014, 07:34 AM   #46
JustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrs13086 View Post
When you bought the light bars, how did you mount them? What bracket did you get from the Blitz?
I have the BAMF behind the grill light bar bracket and mounted the Blitzpros upside down. I'll take pics later today for you. Since you mounted yours on the outside of your grill I'd suggest security nuts.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:25 AM   #47
JustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
top portion... you'll see the "BDF" which is the previous company that sold BAMF the rights to the bracket

this is a crappy pic but you can see the piece of aluminum stock i cut to connect the light bars together:
Old 01-13-2014, 11:50 AM   #48
Jrs13086 will become famous soon enoughJrs13086 will become famous soon enough

Name: Jason
Jrs13086's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome thanks for the pics and info
Old 01-14-2014, 10:21 AM   #49
TheTacoAdventurer is on a distinguished road
TheTacoAdventurer's Tacoma Gallery
Hi Everyone.

I noticed there a several of you from Manchester on here. I live there too!

Also, for the MA guy, I lived in MA for 22 years so cool by me.

I would be up for meeting up, going on trails, talking about our trucks, etc. I haven't done much for modding yet, but I certainly have plans and hope I can pull them off in the next several months.

Glad this thread was started. I keep trying to catch up with NE B.S. thread but I haven't had the time yet.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:26 AM   #50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinL View Post
I have the BAMF behind the grill light bar bracket and mounted the Blitzpros upside down. I'll take pics later today for you. Since you mounted yours on the outside of your grill I'd suggest security nuts.
I'm really interested in seeing how your lights look as it seems we have a pretty similar setup.

I have the BAMF light bar and 2 x 20" light bars.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:04 PM   #51
Jrs13086 will become famous soon enoughJrs13086 will become famous soon enough

Name: Jason
Jrs13086's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome glad to see you post up. We will have to figure a day out so we can all meet up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTacoAdventurer View Post
Hi Everyone.

I noticed there a several of you from Manchester on here. I live there too!

Also, for the MA guy, I lived in MA for 22 years so cool by me.

I would be up for meeting up, going on trails, talking about our trucks, etc. I haven't done much for modding yet, but I certainly have plans and hope I can pull them off in the next several months.

Glad this thread was started. I keep trying to catch up with NE B.S. thread but I haven't had the time yet.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:45 AM   #52

JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm really interested in seeing how your lights look as it seems we have a pretty similar setup.

I have the BAMF light bar and 2 x 20" light bars.
From the looks of your sig we have the same set up but I have just the blitzpro's ... nothing crazy for distance, mostly flood lighting. When it gets warmer I'll look at getting a transparent sheet of yellow vinyl to put over them.
I wanted to get a 3rd but the transmission cooler that comes on the OffRoad is in the way, and I don't feel like moving it.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:11 PM   #53
How are the blitzpros? I was thinking of putting something completely transparent to protect the lights. I had to move my transmission cooler. Didn't take long to do at all.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:03 PM   #54
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hey Connecticut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinL View Post
From the looks of your sig we have the same set up but I have just the blitzpro's ... nothing crazy for distance, mostly flood lighting. When it gets warmer I'll look at getting a transparent sheet of yellow vinyl to put over them.
I wanted to get a 3rd but the transmission cooler that comes on the OffRoad is in the way, and I don't feel like moving it.
Thats why i am going with two lightforce 170s for distance paired with the 21" blitzpro bar. I also have a set of piaa 510s with yellow bulbs for fogs, and i have a pair of OKled flood duallys that i might mount up front as well, lol, its ganna be bright. Everything is ganna be here by friday then the fun part, wiring
You should throw a 3 footer in the bumper or in your light bar
Old 01-15-2014, 02:07 PM   #55
I've thought about it but I'm planning on replacing the bumper instead.

How much did that project cost you?
Old 01-15-2014, 02:20 PM   #56
OverPar is on a distinguished road
Name: Dirt Guy
OverPar's Tacoma Gallery
Hello everyone. I'm in Torrington. Originally from Eastern CT.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:29 PM   #57

Quote:
I've thought about it but I'm planning on replacing the bumper instead.

How much did that project cost you?
Replacing the bumper or the old light bar setup...or my new light setup? i don't even want to add those up lol.I have a CBI bumper now. That light bar was $400, its a cheap chinese one that ended up leaking on me. I had the grillcraft mesh insert over it, I forget how much that was, i bought it long before the light bar but it wasn't cheap, probably close to $100.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:32 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverPar View Post
Hello everyone. I'm in Torrington. Originally from Eastern CT.
Welcome, nice truck. I will probably be headed to southeast CT when it comes time to move again. Since we are talking about lights, whatcha rockin there? Looks like you did a retrofit.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:43 PM   #59
OverPar is on a distinguished road
Name: Dirt Guy
OverPar's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks! Got the lights off a member in here (eborgie....great guy!). They're fantastic! I was going to build some but caught his post in the NE buy/sell/trade thread. They're TRS mini moto. They have halos too. Haven't hooked those up yet. Wasn't sure if I wanted to or not but figured if I dont like them, I could always unhook em. They're my favorite mod. I'll get them for every Tacoma going forward.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:46 PM   #60
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
Replacing the bumper or the old light bar setup...or my new light setup? i don't even want to add those up lol.I have a CBI bumper now. That light bar was $400, its a cheap chinese one that ended up leaking on me. I had the grillcraft mesh insert over it, I forget how much that was, i bought it long before the light bar but it wasn't cheap, probably close to $100.
Your new bumper looks sick. CBI might make it on my list of possibilities now.