Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

Shamokin/Centralia, PA March 15th and 16th Wheeling and Camping

View Poll Results: What day are you wheeling?
Saturday March 15th 4 30.77%
Sunday March 16th 3 23.08%
Both and camping 7 53.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-14-2014, 07:18 PM   #21
t3hWIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedt3hWIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedt3hWIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedt3hWIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedt3hWIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedt3hWIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedt3hWIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedt3hWIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedt3hWIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedt3hWIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedt3hWIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shaun
t3hWIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to t3hWIT
I'll be driving through there tomorrow, dropping of a spare hood from my STi. This is the best time of year to check out Centralia because you can see more of the steam coming out of the ground than the whisps of smoke you see in the summer.

Old 02-15-2014, 06:52 AM   #22
F*ck It, Why Not!
armyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 101st ABN
Name: Chip
armyofsquirrels's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hunter View Post
Steam comes out of the ground there? I just thought it was a giant sink hole waiting to happen kinda thing
It's steam from the fire still burning under the town. It's also the town that inspired Silent Hill.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:12 PM   #24
F*ck It, Why Not!
armyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by firetaco18 View Post
Not sure if this is exclusive or anything but I'm down for camping or at least wheelin on Saturday. What are the trails like? My broke ass is running on stock suspension right now.
Never exclusive with me and Tex just don't expect to rush through everything we like to explore both out of our trucks and in them. As for your rig you'll be fine stock it has trails for every set up.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:14 PM   #25
money pit
zopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Zak
zopperman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by armyofsquirrels View Post
Never exclusive with me and Tex just don't expect to rush through everything we like to explore both out of our trucks and in them. As for your rig you'll be fine stock it has trails for every set up.
Sounds like my kind of trip
Old 02-15-2014, 07:47 PM   #26
firetaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiretaco18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Fighting 18
Name: Sean
firetaco18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's perfect because I am the same way, I really want to adventure..... also my gf gets sick when we go for to long without stopping.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:22 PM   #27
F*ck It, Why Not!

That's never fun^
Old 02-15-2014, 09:24 PM   #28
F*ck It, Why Not!

Centralia might be a challenge for you if they have rebuilt the berms up or if they got a crap load of snow built up over them, but Shamokin you should be able to drive right in
Old 02-17-2014, 07:51 PM   #29
t3hWIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedt3hWIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedt3hWIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedt3hWIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedt3hWIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedt3hWIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedt3hWIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedt3hWIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedt3hWIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedt3hWIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedt3hWIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t3hWIT's Tacoma Gallery
I stopped by Centralia this weekend and was up past my knees. It's nice and quiet at least.

Shamokin/Centralia, PA March 15th and 16th Wheeling and Camping-uploadfromtaptalk1392695477251.jpg
Old 02-18-2014, 08:30 AM   #30
F*ck It, Why Not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hWIT View Post
I stopped by Centralia this weekend and was up past my knees. It's nice and quiet at least.

Attachment 257094
Are you by chance really short? Lol
Old 02-18-2014, 08:39 AM   #32
F*ck It, Why Not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texoma View Post
Hopefully by the time we make it up there, it won't be so deep. I was talking with a guy majoring in Geology at West Chester about Centralia and The Whaleback. He told me how to cook hot dogs on the steam vents, and that the Whaleback use to be a sea bed, then the tectonic plates shifted to form them, and that there are tons of fossils there.
That's awesome! Hard to believe central PA use to be part of the sea bed.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:21 AM   #33

t3hWIT's Tacoma Gallery
It was only 300 million years ago. You make it sound like that's a long time or something. We have a tradition on Easter to go fossil hunting. Tons to find in the mountains of mine waste if you're into that sort of thing.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:41 AM   #34

t3hWIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Are you by chance really short? Lol
Are you by chance familiar with Wee Man?
Old 02-18-2014, 10:55 AM   #35
F*ck It, Why Not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hWIT View Post
Are you by chance familiar with Wee Man?
Lol yes I am
Old 02-18-2014, 06:04 PM   #36
F*ck It, Why Not!

Hey Tex I'm not planning on bringing any dinner for Saturday I was planning on going to that pub again, how many are coming up Saturday night.
Old 02-18-2014, 06:21 PM   #38
F*ck It, Why Not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonek View Post
I might come along .... This sounds like fun ... If I make it I'll bring some steel targets !
Would love to see a Hot Dog cooked on the steam .... What a great story to tell later : )
Heck Yea man
Old 02-18-2014, 06:22 PM   #39
abunch is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
abunch's Tacoma Gallery
I would be interested in going. I have always wanted to go out to centralia, but have never gotten a chance.