Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

Greater Hartford/Springfield Dealers

Old 02-15-2014, 06:19 AM   #1
burnout524 is on a distinguished road
burnout524's Tacoma Gallery
Question Greater Hartford/Springfield Dealers

Hi all,

Later this year, I'm looking to replace my 2004 Ranger (great little truck, but won't accommodate my growing family!). I'm going back and forth between a new F-150 SuperCrew (both my family and my in-laws are Ford Truck families) or a new Tacoma DC (love the size and dependability). Lately, I've been leaning towards the Tacoma since I want something that is reliable and I don't need a full-size truck on a daily basis, although it would certainly come in handy hauling firewood and topsoil/mulch every year.

Anyway, I'm located in North-Central CT - can anyone recommend a dealer in the Greater Hartford/Springfield area that treats their customers well and, more importantly can offer a great deal? My parents almost pulled the trigger on a Venza a few years ago, but after an awful experience at Gale Toyota, they ended up with a Honda Accord. Needless to say, I'm not going to want to work with them when I decide to shop the Taco.

I've been playing around and it looks like new inventory is pretty thin, at least for what I'm looking for (seems like a lot of AC's around), so I don't mind a drive if I can get what I want at a good price.

Thanks all for any advice!
Old 02-15-2014, 06:28 AM   #2
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
Try posting over in the New England B.S. thread:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...read-2520.html
Old 02-15-2014, 08:23 AM   #3
vssman will become famous soon enoughvssman will become famous soon enough
vssman's Tacoma Gallery
Here's how I bought mine - I bought a price index from consumer's reports with all of the options I wanted. I think it was $14.00. It listed a couple of dealers that would honor the price. I got mine from another local dealer in Watertown that met the price too. I also used True Car for pricing and the were a few hundred higher than Consumer's Reports. Honestly I don't think I would have gotten a better deal on my own and it was nice not having to haggle a lot. I did not pay for the window etching, etc that was already typed on the purchase order. That was the only stuff I had to negotiate. Are you a member of Costco? They have the same type of program. At least it gives you an idea if you're getting a decent deal. A brother in law is a car salesman and thought I got a decent deal. He suggested going to Hoffman's or driving to Boston to go to Boch because I was looking for a DCSB 6sp SR5. I just ordered it instead.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:29 AM   #4
Suffield Miller is on a distinguished road
Name: Miller
Suffield Miller's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Burnout! I am in the notch. just ordered @ Hoffman!

I researched and communicated with W.Springfield down to Midddletown. 6 or 7 total.

Bought my 1st TRD Tacoma from Gale. My truck was a 2000, they haven't renovated their showroom or the stained ceiling tiles since!
I thought i would give them a shot at my new double cab but their truck expert knew less than my 4 year old!

Went to Hoffman last Sat. Ordered it. Should get delivery by march 20!

I went with the double cab due to my two boys! I also considered the F150 double cab but could not ignore my love and devotion to my Tacoma...also I just could not justify the cost vs. Dependability and plain huge size in my driveway.
C'mon really!? To haul the family and occasional load for the yard etc... I may live in and around tobacco country but haven't worked the fields in a long while.

I just had Toyota buy back my ext cab TRD due to frame rust corrosion.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:44 AM   #5
Suffield Miller is on a distinguished road
Name: Miller
Suffield Miller's Tacoma Gallery
Burnout! Buy The Yota!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffield Miller View Post
I researched and communicated with W.Springfield down to Midddletown. 6 or 7 total.

Bought my 1st TRD Tacoma from Gale. My truck was a 2000, they haven't renovated their showroom or the stained ceiling tiles since!
I thought i would give them a shot at my new double cab but their truck expert knew less than my 4 year old!

Went to Hoffman last Sat. Ordered it. Should get delivery by march 20!

I had to order my tacoma to be built because on the east coast from Maryland to Maine (this was 8 days ago) there were no spruce mica double cabs of any package with the V6, tow pkg & most important The Manual Transmission!!!

I just had Toyota buy back my ext cab TRD due to frame rust corrosion.