Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

What price should I pay for this 13' Taco??

Old 03-18-2014, 05:38 AM   #1
taco stone is on a distinguished road
taco stone's Tacoma Gallery
What price should I pay for this 13' Taco??

Getting myself into a new tacoma.

Found a 2013 equipped as followed with an MSRP of $30,900.

4x4 access cab V6 Manual Transmission
TRD Sport Package
Tow Package

This is a leftover from 2013, on the phone alone I got them down to $29,495. What is an ideal price to get this truck down to from previous buying experience?
Old 03-18-2014, 05:50 AM   #2
Winker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
Winker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco stone View Post
Getting myself into a new tacoma.

Found a 2013 equipped as followed with an MSRP of $30,900.

4x4 access cab V6 Manual Transmission
TRD Sport Package
Tow Package

This is a leftover from 2013, on the phone alone I got them down to $29,495. What is an ideal price to get this truck down to from previous buying experience?
I'm not much of a haggler so my advice is if you love it buy it. It's probably been sitting on the lot for awhile so you may be able to talk them down some or get more for a trade (if you're trading a vehicle).
Old 03-18-2014, 06:01 AM   #3
I do love it, i was down to two options for a viable work vehicle in the 30k range. this or a new jeep cherokee, but of course would have lost all pickup truck-ness with that route. No trades, just straight financing.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:58 AM   #4
Winker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Winker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I do love it, i was down to two options for a viable work vehicle in the 30k range. this or a new jeep cherokee, but of course would have lost all pickup truck-ness with that route. No trades, just straight financing.
I don't think I like the new Cherokee's. Looks more like a "crossover" to me than a sport utility vehicle.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:48 AM   #5
they do look very crossover ish....but they're still extremely capable and the fit and finish of the interior is quite nice.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:50 AM   #6
Paleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Paleus's Tacoma Gallery
I paid $30k for my '13 DCSB 4x4 SR5. MSRP of $34k.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:17 AM   #7
Jhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Jhodgman's Tacoma Gallery
id see if they will take 29k flat after taxes, remember this is a year old so there willing to take a little bit of a loss on it just to get fresh invetory in that spot.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:34 PM   #8
They couldn't get me lower than $29,5 but I'm happy so I took it. Not bad for a trd sport with all the fixins
Old 03-19-2014, 08:36 PM   #9
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They couldn't get me lower than $29,5 but I'm happy so I took it. Not bad for a trd sport with all the fixins
I looked at the exact truck with the exact sticker price and they also wouldn't go lower than 29.5 here too in Cali in 2011.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:37 PM   #10

Old 03-20-2014, 07:25 AM   #11

Winker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Congrats. Sweet looking truck.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:48 AM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat Popcorn View Post
Nice truck man. Congrats!
thank you! can't wait to get behind the wheel
Old 03-20-2014, 12:38 PM   #14
Jhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedJhodgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Jhodgman's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck
Old 05-09-2014, 04:32 PM   #15
CageFighter is on a distinguished road
CageFighter's Tacoma Gallery
what dealer did u get it from?