1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I just moved to upstate NY need help with suspension lift install.

Discussion in 'North East' started by P33Rob, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Jun 26, 2014 at 5:32 AM
    P33Rob

P33Rob [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Watertown, NY
    Vehicle:
    13 Tacoma V6 TRD 4X4
    OME 3" Lift; Maxfit aeromax; Volant CAI w/scoop; TRD Exhaust; Step rails; SCS stealth 6 wheels; Bedrug
    So I recently moved to Watertown FT Drum area and realized there are not any 4x4 offroad shops nearby, I bought the OME full suspension lift with the 885's and Dakar leaf packs and everything they need for install. So it looks like I am gonna do it myself on ft drum at the auto shop. I was wondering if anyone in the area is good with suspension work could give me a hand. I have done a lot of mechanicle tasks before around the shops. I am willing to compensate for your time and I am simply asking for assistance. I can schedule this for any Sat. At your convenience.

-Rob

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  2. Jun 26, 2014 at 4:39 PM
    P33Rob

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Watertown, NY
    Vehicle:
    13 Tacoma V6 TRD 4X4
    OME 3" Lift; Maxfit aeromax; Volant CAI w/scoop; TRD Exhaust; Step rails; SCS stealth 6 wheels; Bedrug
    Like I said I will compensate you for your time with cash, gas or whatever. Someone has to have some experience in suspension that can lend a hand. Oh and because I will do it on ft drum I will have all tools available for this including spring compressor.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  3. Jun 27, 2014 at 6:13 PM
    P33Rob

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Watertown, NY
    Vehicle:
    13 Tacoma V6 TRD 4X4
    Also if anyone knows any good shops that can do good suspension work.

4. Jun 27, 2014 at 6:31 PM
    Steves104x4

Steves104x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC 2.7 4x4
    BUCKLE UP! It makes it harder for Aliens to pull you out of your Truck.
    Maybe these Dudes can help. Good luck!

[​IMG] You are using an insecure version of your web browser. Please update your browser!
    Using an outdated browser makes your computer unsafe. For a safer, faster, more enjoyable user experience, please update your browser today or try a newer browser.
    Update Your Browser | Try Something New | Hide This Warning

The 4×4 Podcast
    Explore Your World

[​IMG]

Wheeling With Team Xtreme of Watertown, NY

Posted by Dan Cole on April 8, 2012

0 I met up with the guys of Team Xtreme in Watertown, NY at about 10 am on 7 April and I wasn’t quite sure what to expect. Team Xtreme has been active in Northern New York for 18 years. They describe themselves as a truck club rather than a Jeep club, but they welcome anyone who has a vehicle with 4WD, a good attitude, and a thirst for adventure.
    [​IMG]
    The first vehicle I saw was a Ford Bronco on 39″ Super Swappers, King coilovers and the top removed to reveal a full roll cage. That’s when it hit me that I’m running with the big dogs today! Two-thirds of the group was full size trucks and Suburbans on 37″ and taller tires. About a quarter of the trucks had exhaust stacks billowing plumes of black smoke from their powerful diesel motors; needless to say, this was an impressive group.
    [​IMG]
    After a brief drivers meeting and time to buy club stickers and tshirts we headed for the trail head. New York has lots of “seasonal access” roads. These roads are closed from 1 November – 1 May, usually. Since this area has had an unseasonably warm winter, the roads opened up to wheeled vehicle traffic on April 1st this year. Our parade of lifted vehicles made our way from the shopping center parking lot to an empty lot near the trail head and then we sorted ourselves out according to tire size. This was supposed to help keep things moving on the trails, but with a group of about 30 vehicles that ranged from stock JKs all the way up to a monstrous Super Duty, some trail traffic jams were sure to happen anyways.
    [​IMG]My daughter can't wait to start driving, but she'll have to wait another 12 years

I situated myself near the front of the mid-sized vehicles and fell in line heading down the trail. Things quickly went from dry and dusty to twisted and muddy. The larger trucks had power and long wheel base working for them, but they weren’t allowed many choices for lines due to their full body size. Exhaust stacks were catching trees and trailer hitches and bumpers were getting dragged through the mud. Even most of the Wranglers were dragging their gas tanks through many of the ruts. All this on a regular road that just doesn’t get maintained!
    [​IMG]
    I’m looking forward to discovering many more of these seasonal access roads and exploring the many state parks that New York has to offer and meeting many more great people! Be sure to check out the interactive map and video down below. If you know of a road or area that I should check out, be sure to leave a comment on this post, email me at the4x4podcast@yahoo.com, check out the show page on , or call the voicemail number 315-955-3467 or on Skype

[​IMG]

View Larger Map

Share this:

Posted under Uncategorized and tagged with AllPro, ATV, Cherokee, CNY, F150, F250, FJ, FJ Cruiser, Ford, Jeep, JK, land cruiser, New York, NNY, Ranger, Seasonal Road, Skyjacker, Super Duty, TJ, Toyota, Wrangler, XJ, YJ
    Comments (4)

Send to Email Address Your Name Your Email Address [​IMG] Cancel Post was not sent - check your email addresses!
    Email check failed, please try again
    Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email.

[​IMG]

Google+

[​IMG][​IMG]
    x
    [​IMG]Send a voice message
    Hi there!
    We really want to hear from you.
    Send us a voice message with any comments or questions.

5. Jun 28, 2014 at 6:24 AM
    P33Rob

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Watertown, NY
    Vehicle:
    13 Tacoma V6 TRD 4X4
    Well I found a place in town Cheney tire in Watertown Toyota dealership and a few others recommended them anybody have any experience with them

Products Discussed in

To Top