1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WhaleBack Wheelin' Aug. 1st-3rd

Discussion in 'North East' started by Texoma, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Aug 19, 2014 at 1:55 PM
    M192

M192 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Cambria county PA
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma trd sport, 88 4runner
    Alot
    F*ck it!!! More skinny pedal!!! Haha

2. Aug 19, 2014 at 2:11 PM
    armyofsquirrels

armyofsquirrels Embrace the Suck!

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Sykesville MD
    Vehicle:
    2015 V6 6Spd Tacoma DCSB Offroad in Pyrite Mica
    See Build Page.
    LMAO!

3. Aug 19, 2014 at 2:32 PM
    Rebelimo

Rebelimo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Coatesville
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Silver streak Limo
    I've replaced a starter, a rear, and a CV on my truck and Ive been wheeling it since early 2011. My truck holds up so well because of how gentle i am:laugh:

4. Aug 19, 2014 at 2:37 PM
    Texoma

Texoma [OP] IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    Like I told Kristen, close your eyes and hit the throttle, and she made it out with the least damage.

5. Aug 19, 2014 at 4:23 PM
    Reh5108

Reh5108 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 SR5 4X4 2.7L Extra Cab
    OME lift, 4x sliders, Demello rear bumper, custom front bumper, Engo 9000lb winch
    Well I was just under there changing oil and didn't see anything like that.

I did notice my drivers idea axle seal leaking again. Not as bad as the first time though.

6. Aug 19, 2014 at 7:02 PM
    armyofsquirrels

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Sykesville MD
    Vehicle:
    See Build Page.
    I had to look on the other side of the cross member. You might not see it from just an oil change its tucked up there nicely but it's still open

7. Aug 20, 2014 at 3:11 AM
    Reh5108

Reh5108 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 SR5 4X4 2.7L Extra Cab
    OME lift, 4x sliders, Demello rear bumper, custom front bumper, Engo 9000lb winch
    I'll take a better look when I weld my sliders on this weekend.

8. Aug 22, 2014 at 2:22 PM
    armyofsquirrels

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Sykesville MD
    Vehicle:
    See Build Page.
    Stuck the go pro up under my Trans today trying to figure what's going on with it. I'll post the video once I get it processed

9. Aug 22, 2014 at 4:16 PM
    armyofsquirrels

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Sykesville MD
    Vehicle:
    See Build Page.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuxR4jN2ojU&feature=youtu.be

Here is the video, at the end of the video you can hear a distinct rattling that goes away when I push in the clutch.

At 1:26 you can hear a different type of rattling while driving down the road.
    At 3:35 a different noise that is not me grinding the gears as I'm only on the throttle.
    At 4:20 some idiot tried pulled out in front of me in Baltimore without looking in my direction before trying to pull into the intersection.
    At 5:23 you can start to hear the faint rattle I push in the clutch at 5:39 and it stops then let it back out and in a few times until the end of the video.

Any ideas?

10. Aug 22, 2014 at 4:40 PM
    M192

M192 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Cambria county PA
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma trd sport, 88 4runner
    Alot
    Yup. Sell it and buy an auto. Hahaha jk.

11. Aug 22, 2014 at 4:54 PM
    armyofsquirrels

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Sykesville MD
    Vehicle:
    See Build Page.
    lol NEVER! If I was having issues with it and it was an Auto my only choice would be to replace the whole thing at a very high price tag... Besides being a manual its harder for most people to steal lol.

12. Aug 22, 2014 at 5:00 PM
    KristinLynn

KristinLynn Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Lewisberry, PA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport V6
    That comes in handy down where you're at ;) haha

13. Aug 22, 2014 at 7:25 PM
    armyofsquirrels

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Sykesville MD
    Vehicle:
    See Build Page.
    lol aint that the truth!

14. Aug 22, 2014 at 8:27 PM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more

Watch closely to the rear facing bolts washer on the left hand side, the washer is moving, which means the bolt is loose, which means the trans isn't tight against the engine, which means bad news bears my friend. If it was me, I would completely pull the trans again, check over everything, torque everything, then reconnect the trans to the engine, then torque everything to spec.

15. Aug 22, 2014 at 8:32 PM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4

In this pic you can see the right bolt has more threads than the left bolt, I am sure they should be even. I am sure this is part of the problem, and would check over everything again. If you leave it go, you may crack your trans housing, then big bucks.

16. Aug 22, 2014 at 8:42 PM
    greengen1

greengen1 upside down in a Taco at 55mph

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Frederick,Md.
    Vehicle:
    99 4runner /2012 Tundra
    3inch Toytec lift ,285/75/16 ,elocker with stock 4.30 gears ,CB ,4ft firestik ,mag lite mount ,roof basket with shovel mounted ,Ultra gauge.And other stuff.
    Good catch possible mix up of bolt install or torque specs.engine and tranny did flex and move alot at one point in video

17. Aug 22, 2014 at 9:12 PM
    armyofsquirrels

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Sykesville MD
    Vehicle:
    See Build Page.
    Yea i noticed that too... I didn't know if that was normal. It's very possible I put the wrong size back in the wrong places there were 11 different bolts and like an idiot I didn't mark them.

18. Aug 22, 2014 at 9:13 PM
    armyofsquirrels

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Sykesville MD
    Vehicle:
    See Build Page.
    Unfortunately the "guide" I was following was no help in what bolt went where. And no one makes a Damn book yet.

19. Aug 22, 2014 at 9:43 PM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
  20. Aug 23, 2014 at 9:44 AM
    armyofsquirrels

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Sykesville MD
    Vehicle:
    See Build Page.
    Thanks, of course its pouring its ass off today... FML. Hopefully my neighbor will let me borrow his Garage.

Products Discussed in

To Top