1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Reputable Installers in NEPA

Discussion in 'North East' started by nm4553, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Jan 9, 2015 at 8:31 AM
    nm4553

nm4553 [OP] You had me at "Meat Tornado"

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    NEPA
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB TRD Sport
    SCS Stealth 6 Matte Bronze on Toyo Open Country 265/70R17, Fox 2.5 Coilovers, Bilstien 6150 w/ Remote Resi, Dakar Leaf Pack, Wheeler's Bumpstop, OVTuned
    Hey all,

New to this Forum and the Tacoma world. Purchased my DCLB TRD Sport recently and was interested in lifting her a bit. Curious to see if there are any reputable shops in the Wilkes Barre/Scranton area that would agree to do this type of work. I stopped into Jack Williams Auto Addictions and they seemed hesitant to install a kit (ToyTec BOSS or Ultimate - not sure yet) that I would source.

That being said they tried pushing the coil spacer in front and blocks in back to lift her 3" ($300 in parts + $300 labor, incl. alignment). This is my DD and from what I've been reading this isn't ideal and I'd rather not risk damaging my truck.

Any input on lifts and installers in the area would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Obligatory truck photo included.

0102151054[1].jpg

2. Jan 10, 2015 at 6:21 AM
    Fifthwind

Fifthwind Master of None

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Vehicle:
    Scully
    Barcelona Red 09 DCOR- Icon 2.5" ECOs w/CDC - 14" 700lb, ICON 2.0 RR Ext rears, AP EXPO pack, Diff Wedge, Diff and Skid Drop, Discoverer S/T 255/85/16, Ride-Rite Bags w/ Daystars, ARB Bull/winch Bumper, Warn 8k, ARB CMK12, Budbuilt skids, BAMF bolt on sliders BAMF diff diaper, bedlights, hoodlights, BAMF CB, etc.
    Welcome aboard!
    I'm about an hour and a half south of you in the middle of the Lehigh Valley and the nearest knowledgable and equipped shop to me is OK4wd. There is a ton of information on lifts in this site that have different features to best suit your build plans. There are also several vendors to chose from. I have had a good history with Toytec personally and would recommend them. You also have the option of installing your own, and there are many members willing to help. I installed my own with a small assist from my local mechanic for the alignment and UCA bolt removal.

3. Jan 10, 2015 at 6:54 PM
    slo13zx3

slo13zx3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    forest city pa
    Vehicle:
    14 trd off 6speed nav
    pm sent

4. Jan 11, 2015 at 7:53 AM
    nm4553

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    NEPA
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB TRD Sport
    SCS Stealth 6 Matte Bronze on Toyo Open Country 265/70R17, Fox 2.5 Coilovers, Bilstien 6150 w/ Remote Resi, Dakar Leaf Pack, Wheeler's Bumpstop, OVTuned
    Hey man, thanks for the info. Funny story - I'm originally from the LV area. Bath, PA represent. Actually, not that funny of a story. I'm finding it difficult to get any shop to work with me because I sourced my own parts. I assume that's because of liability?

My issue is that I live in town and don't have access to a garage. It's always a huge pain in the ass to work on the vehicles parked on the street.

5. Jan 12, 2015 at 9:21 AM
    Fifthwind

Fifthwind Master of None

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Vehicle:
    Scully
    Barcelona Red 09 DCOR- Icon 2.5" ECOs w/CDC - 14" 700lb, ICON 2.0 RR Ext rears, AP EXPO pack, Diff Wedge, Diff and Skid Drop, Discoverer S/T 255/85/16, Ride-Rite Bags w/ Daystars, ARB Bull/winch Bumper, Warn 8k, ARB CMK12, Budbuilt skids, BAMF bolt on sliders BAMF diff diaper, bedlights, hoodlights, BAMF CB, etc.
    Well, at least you escaped the valley.:thumbsup:
    The street is worse than an open lot. I learned to repair tractors out in the middle of a field where they broke down. Personally hate the mud/rain/wind combo myself. Some two by fours or two by sixes under a floor jack will get you a long way on soft ground. I don't have a garage (just a glorified storage shed) or I would invite you use it.
    Selecting the right lift is key to long term happiness. Too much spring and poor strut choices will leave you without enough travel on the trail or a very harsh ride on the street.

6. Jan 12, 2015 at 9:32 AM
    nm4553

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    NEPA
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB TRD Sport
    I don't miss Route 22. I have an area behind the fence in my back yard I was thinking about using but it's not very level and I learned a lesson the hard way using some $hitty jack stands that I'd rather not relive.

Products Discussed in

To Top