Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

Reputable Installers in NEPA

Old 01-09-2015, 09:31 AM   #1
nm4553 is on a distinguished road
nm4553's Tacoma Gallery
Reputable Installers in NEPA

Hey all,

New to this Forum and the Tacoma world. Purchased my DCLB TRD Sport recently and was interested in lifting her a bit. Curious to see if there are any reputable shops in the Wilkes Barre/Scranton area that would agree to do this type of work. I stopped into Jack Williams Auto Addictions and they seemed hesitant to install a kit (ToyTec BOSS or Ultimate - not sure yet) that I would source.

That being said they tried pushing the coil spacer in front and blocks in back to lift her 3" ($300 in parts + $300 labor, incl. alignment). This is my DD and from what I've been reading this isn't ideal and I'd rather not risk damaging my truck.

Any input on lifts and installers in the area would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Obligatory truck photo included.

Reputable Installers in NEPA-0102151054-1-.jpg
Old 01-10-2015, 07:21 AM   #2
Master of None
Fifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Murph
Fifthwind's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nm4553 View Post
Hey all,

New to this Forum and the Tacoma world. Purchased my DCLB TRD Sport recently and was interested in lifting her a bit. Curious to see if there are any reputable shops in the Wilkes Barre/Scranton area that would agree to do this type of work. I stopped into Jack Williams Auto Addictions and they seemed hesitant to install a kit (ToyTec BOSS or Ultimate - not sure yet) that I would source.

That being said they tried pushing the coil spacer in front and blocks in back to lift her 3" ($300 in parts + $300 labor, incl. alignment). This is my DD and from what I've been reading this isn't ideal and I'd rather not risk damaging my truck.

Any input on lifts and installers in the area would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Obligatory truck photo included.

Attachment 306323
Welcome aboard!
I'm about an hour and a half south of you in the middle of the Lehigh Valley and the nearest knowledgable and equipped shop to me is OK4wd. There is a ton of information on lifts in this site that have different features to best suit your build plans. There are also several vendors to chose from. I have had a good history with Toytec personally and would recommend them. You also have the option of installing your own, and there are many members willing to help. I installed my own with a small assist from my local mechanic for the alignment and UCA bolt removal.
Old 01-10-2015, 07:54 PM   #3
slo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
slo13zx3's Tacoma Gallery
pm sent
Old 01-11-2015, 08:53 AM   #4
nm4553's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifthwind View Post
Welcome aboard!
I'm about an hour and a half south of you in the middle of the Lehigh Valley and the nearest knowledgable and equipped shop to me is OK4wd. There is a ton of information on lifts in this site that have different features to best suit your build plans. There are also several vendors to chose from. I have had a good history with Toytec personally and would recommend them. You also have the option of installing your own, and there are many members willing to help. I installed my own with a small assist from my local mechanic for the alignment and UCA bolt removal.
Hey man, thanks for the info. Funny story - I'm originally from the LV area. Bath, PA represent. Actually, not that funny of a story. I'm finding it difficult to get any shop to work with me because I sourced my own parts. I assume that's because of liability?

My issue is that I live in town and don't have access to a garage. It's always a huge pain in the ass to work on the vehicles parked on the street.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:21 AM   #5
Master of None
Fifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Murph
Fifthwind's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nm4553 View Post
Hey man, thanks for the info. Funny story - I'm originally from the LV area. Bath, PA represent. Actually, not that funny of a story. I'm finding it difficult to get any shop to work with me because I sourced my own parts. I assume that's because of liability?

My issue is that I live in town and don't have access to a garage. It's always a huge pain in the ass to work on the vehicles parked on the street.
Well, at least you escaped the valley.
The street is worse than an open lot. I learned to repair tractors out in the middle of a field where they broke down. Personally hate the mud/rain/wind combo myself. Some two by fours or two by sixes under a floor jack will get you a long way on soft ground. I don't have a garage (just a glorified storage shed) or I would invite you use it.
Selecting the right lift is key to long term happiness. Too much spring and poor strut choices will leave you without enough travel on the trail or a very harsh ride on the street.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:32 AM   #6
nm4553's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifthwind View Post
Well, at least you escaped the valley.
The street is worse than an open lot. I learned to repair tractors out in the middle of a field where they broke down. Personally hate the mud/rain/wind combo myself. Some two by fours or two by sixes under a floor jack will get you a long way on soft ground. I don't have a garage (just a glorified storage shed) or I would invite you use it.
Selecting the right lift is key to long term happiness. Too much spring and poor strut choices will leave you without enough travel on the trail or a very harsh ride on the street.
I don't miss Route 22. I have an area behind the fence in my back yard I was thinking about using but it's not very level and I learned a lesson the hard way using some $hitty jack stands that I'd rather not relive.