Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

Need a 4x4 shop in NY/NJ

Old 05-26-2009, 08:42 AM   #1
09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: security forces
09tacoLI's Tacoma Gallery
Need a 4x4 shop in NY/NJ

If anyone could help me out. I'm looking for a shop to install a lift (toytec ult. 3in). I live on Long Island but I willing to travel a bit If someone has a rep. shop.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:02 AM   #2
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
you and me both...
Old 05-26-2009, 09:04 AM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Ask David Tarantino. He knows whats up there, and should be able to recomend something.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:23 AM   #4
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
customworks in nutley nj 973- 667- 3200 973-667-3201
never dealt with them heard good things
i have a phone call out to a bud of mine
soon as he calls me back about a shop he dealt with
ill get that info to you
Old 05-26-2009, 09:43 AM   #5
09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks david
Old 05-26-2009, 11:54 AM   #6
TacoMOnster07 is a splendid one to beholdTacoMOnster07 is a splendid one to beholdTacoMOnster07 is a splendid one to beholdTacoMOnster07 is a splendid one to beholdTacoMOnster07 is a splendid one to beholdTacoMOnster07 is a splendid one to behold
TacoMOnster07's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TacoMOnster07
I'm in Pa now but live in NJ, maybe hour from Long Island. Just finishing installing toytec lift myself , 884 or 885 spring, don't remember, and half inch spacer in front, with the add a leaf in the back. Love the lift, not such a hard install, alignment was harder. When you find a shop ask around and see if they also do good alignments. I got everything perfect except for my camber because I ran out of adjustments.

Only problem that I had was one of the eccentric nuts rusted into the plastic bushing on the bottom front lower control arm.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:56 AM   #7
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
come down to nc and i can install it for you
Old 05-26-2009, 11:05 PM   #8

Next time I come down to see the wifes family Ill let know. then I can get off road in on vaca that would be sweet.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:32 AM   #9
toughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
toughtaco's Tacoma Gallery
NJshop

I have never been there but I heard OK4WD in NJ is a good shop phone number 1-908-454-6973. Let me know, I was thinking about getting some work done there. If you want to drive to Orange County, NY I got a good shop here that will do it for you.,
Old 05-28-2009, 06:57 AM   #10
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
If you run into something abnormally complicated or need something custom built, I recommend Carroll's Rod & Racecraft in Spotswood, NJ. It's a fabrication shop rather than a place for installations, but if you're interested I can put you in touch with them.

They built my truck and modified SilverSeven's body mounts to clear his 35" tires.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:54 AM   #11
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
If you run into something abnormally complicated or need something custom built, I recommend Carroll's Rod & Racecraft in Spotswood, NJ. It's a fabrication shop rather than a place for installations, but if you're interested I can put you in touch with them.

They built my truck and modified SilverSeven's body mounts to clear his 35" tires.
thats it thats the one i couldit think of the name
Old 06-01-2009, 10:26 AM   #12

Gonna go with kryptonite customs in nutley next week for 720$
Old 06-01-2009, 10:59 AM   #13
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tarantino View Post
customworks in nutley nj 973- 667- 3200 973-667-3201
never dealt with them heard good things
i have a phone call out to a bud of mine
soon as he calls me back about a shop he dealt with
ill get that info to you
i live in the next town and never heard of them.where are they located?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09tacoLI View Post
are they the jeep guys??i beleive they were on rt 17 in paramus.the shop is empty now so a assume they moved to nutley.

the only guy i would trust touching my crap is ralph at meadowlands 4wd in rutherford. he retired but let info on his website for the guys who he recommends. if he says use them than i trust them.
http://meadowlands4wd.com/index.html
Old 06-01-2009, 11:22 AM   #14
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
carrol's rod and race craft in brunswick is the shit.. but your lift should be do-able with a jack and a case of high life
Old 06-01-2009, 11:38 AM   #15

Quote:
let me know how you make out
and we will need pics
Old 06-01-2009, 11:42 AM   #16
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wait $720 for install? that sounds really high man
Old 06-01-2009, 07:07 PM   #17

Ya 720$ for the install alone no tires lift or anything but I got no tool and no place to do it O and one other thing the know how to do it. Toytec ult 3in
Old 06-02-2009, 05:50 AM   #18
Rock Solid Toy

i hear ya.. but still hate to see you get taken advantage of like that.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:35 PM   #19
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Thats crazy, A friend an I installed the same lift on another members ride not to long ago its not hard to install just hand tools it can be done.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:57 PM   #20
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ya 720$ for the install alone no tires lift or anything but I got no tool and no place to do it O and one other thing the know how to do it. Toytec ult 3in
Just to give you a point of reference, in about an hour and half I was able to completely tear down the driver's side front suspension with simple hand tools.

This:

To this:

Your lift install will require a fraction of that work. At least shop around a little more if you're set on not trying the project yourself. I'd hate to see you waste cash that could be put towards other mods.

The shop has probably never worked on one of these trucks and is trying to cover itself in case it's complicated. It's not.