LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

Anyone in NY???

Old 09-27-2009, 09:32 AM   #41
Senior Senile Member
sunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Seabees 27th Battalion
Name: Bill
Location: Great Sacandaga Lake region Northville NY, South Yarmouth, Cape Cod Ma.
sunruner19's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2010 View Post
I love the way these trucks look with a 3" lift and bigger, meatier tires. I'm interested in being able to do some offroading but most driving would be on road like most of us. I would hate to do anything to compromise onroad driving comfort or warranty, however one of the all in one kits look about what I would be interested in. Toytec Ultimate possibly. I have time but was just interested to see if there are any "professionals" in the area that I could maybe hook up with and pick their brains. I'm reluctant to even bring up the subject with the dealership.
I have had several lift kits installed on my Tacoma's and Tundra's and always used Toytec. The only thing I noticed that will change the driving comfort "n road" is the choice of tires. But that is also true if you leave the suspension stock too. I havent noticed any change other than better handling with a lift kit from Toytec. I have no knowledge of how other lift kits behave. I do know that Toyota dealers shy away from this, but my dealership has not refused to work or do warranty on my truck since the lift kit installed. I do know of a reputable install house in my neck of the woods here that specializes in Toyota lift kits. They have done all of mine
Old 09-27-2009, 03:08 PM   #42
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2010 View Post
I love the way these trucks look with a 3" lift and bigger, meatier tires. I'm interested in being able to do some offroading but most driving would be on road like most of us. I would hate to do anything to compromise onroad driving comfort or warranty, however one of the all in one kits look about what I would be interested in. Toytec Ultimate possibly. I have time but was just interested to see if there are any "professionals" in the area that I could maybe hook up with and pick their brains. I'm reluctant to even bring up the subject with the dealership.

I did the 3" Toytec spacer/aal kit by myself 3 yrs ago....in an open barn....with snow flurries flying around....and have NEVER done any other suspension work myself. I have a good write-up with pics from Tundra Solutions on one of my computers here if you want me to send it to ya. PM me your email. I saved the website with all the pics to use without internet access, and the thread's gone now so I keep it. Took me about 5 hours. I just wish I would've rented a better spring compressor.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:21 AM   #43
DIRTRIDER will become famous soon enoughDIRTRIDER will become famous soon enough
DIRTRIDER's Tacoma Gallery
1/2 hour southeast of buffalo,ny
Old 09-29-2009, 04:36 PM   #44
buffalo tacoma is on a distinguished road
buffalo tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Lancaster ny here..
Old 09-29-2009, 04:51 PM   #45
snyder is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
snyder's Tacoma Gallery
Recently moved to Syracuse to attend Syracuse University, I havent found any good rec areas.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:21 PM   #46
Senior Senile Member
sunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to beholdsunruner19 is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Seabees 27th Battalion
Name: Bill
Location: Great Sacandaga Lake region Northville NY, South Yarmouth, Cape Cod Ma.
sunruner19's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADKBUG View Post
ADK here.
ADK here also. good to see someone in here from this area.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:22 PM   #47
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyder View Post
Recently moved to Syracuse to attend Syracuse University, I havent found any good rec areas.
There are a few state land/seasonal use roads down Cortland way. I found one out toward Ithaca I didn't think would amount to much until I got there and there was 6-8" of water covering most of trail for at least a mile.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:21 AM   #48
srcuvm02 is on a distinguished road
srcuvm02's Tacoma Gallery
Another upstater -- Saratoga Springs
Old 09-30-2009, 06:24 AM   #49
Ask me about the shortbus...
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
There are a few state land/seasonal use roads down Cortland way. I found one out toward Ithaca I didn't think would amount to much until I got there and there was 6-8" of water covering most of trail for at least a mile.
Can you tell me more detail. I go to IC and would love to get the truck on some easy trails out here.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:31 AM   #50
Devout Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by socolax91 View Post
Can you tell me more detail. I go to IC and would love to get the truck on some easy trails out here.

It's off 79 around slaterville springs.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=4...38581&t=h&z=15

Hammond Hill Road, at the end of Flat Iron Road.

On a side note, my front driver side wheel bearing blew out 2-3 weeks after swimming down that trail, and hopping the curb at my house to unload a freezer. Not sure if it was the water, the curb (since I was turning into it), or just normal wear and tear (close to 70k now). But the amount of water I went through has me concerned.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:39 AM   #51
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's off 79 around slaterville springs.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=4...38581&t=h&z=15

Hammond Hill Road, at the end of Flat Iron Road.

On a side note, my front driver side wheel bearing blew out 2-3 weeks after swimming down that trail, and hopping the curb at my house to unload a freezer. Not sure if it was the water, the curb (since I was turning into it), or just normal wear and tear (close to 70k now). But the amount of water I went through has me concerned.
Oh really I'm sorry about that man. I'm stock suspension so I'm not looking to do a lot of water. I'd be wheeling alone too so I want very simple. Could I do it or is there too much water and I might not be a good idea?
Old 09-30-2009, 06:47 AM   #52
Devout Atheist

Quote:
Oh really I'm sorry about that man. I'm stock suspension so I'm not looking to do a lot of water. I'd be wheeling alone too so I want very simple. Could I do it or is there too much water and I might not be a good idea?

we could hook up and go sometime! I have a recovery strap and a jack. lol See, it's a "normal" logging road that wouldn't be a challenge any other time. But it had rained a few days before, and rained off and on that day. So all the ruts pooled up at least 6" of water, and several times spread out to cover the whole trail. I didn't have any problems really, since it's a gravel trail under the water. No mud to get stuck in per say, but I did stay on the "main" trail just in case (I was alone with just a buddy riding shotgun because we had no idea it would be that wet. Thought it was just one puddle.... then they kept coming. lol)

The fact I felt the wheels slip once, the down hills were muddy, there was not much room to get around any oncoming traffic, and the fact I couldn't see any rocks or debris under the water made for some pucker factor. But it was fun. A lot more fun than I expected from a seasonal use road.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:41 AM   #53
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
we could hook up and go sometime! I have a recovery strap and a jack. lol See, it's a "normal" logging road that wouldn't be a challenge any other time. But it had rained a few days before, and rained off and on that day. So all the ruts pooled up at least 6" of water, and several times spread out to cover the whole trail. I didn't have any problems really, since it's a gravel trail under the water. No mud to get stuck in per say, but I did stay on the "main" trail just in case (I was alone with just a buddy riding shotgun because we had no idea it would be that wet. Thought it was just one puddle.... then they kept coming. lol)

The fact I felt the wheels slip once, the down hills were muddy, there was not much room to get around any oncoming traffic, and the fact I couldn't see any rocks or debris under the water made for some pucker factor. But it was fun. A lot more fun than I expected from a seasonal use road.
I'd like to do that. I don't have to truck right now. It's in MD still but I hope to have it after I return from thanksgiving break. Have you ever run it in the snow?
Old 09-30-2009, 08:10 AM   #54
Devout Atheist

Quote:
I'd like to do that. I don't have to truck right now. It's in MD still but I hope to have it after I return from thanksgiving break. Have you ever run it in the snow?
Not that road, and the flooded time was my first/only run at it. Only found it because my buddy that lives down the road from it showed me how to get there. Although, there are a few roads around that become challenging once the snow builds up a little because they aren't plowed. As long as there isn't a big bank in front of it, or there are some other tire tracks to follow it can get interesting. I should get a set of chains for the rear just for those!

I'm about 20 minutes from down town Ithaca and have a barn to pull the truck in. So when you get it let me know. Might wanna do that rear diff breather mod before hitting Hammond Hill.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:29 AM   #55
BPachom is on a distinguished road

BPachom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComaChic View Post
Looking for people located in NY, Show me your trucks, and do yuo know of any local events?

How about Long Island NY?

Anyone from LI know of any events in the area?
Old 09-30-2009, 09:45 AM   #56
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not that road, and the flooded time was my first/only run at it. Only found it because my buddy that lives down the road from it showed me how to get there. Although, there are a few roads around that become challenging once the snow builds up a little because they aren't plowed. As long as there isn't a big bank in front of it, or there are some other tire tracks to follow it can get interesting. I should get a set of chains for the rear just for those!

I'm about 20 minutes from down town Ithaca and have a barn to pull the truck in. So when you get it let me know. Might wanna do that rear diff breather mod before hitting Hammond Hill.
Yea for sure. I'll send you a PM when I get it up north. It was snowing here for a couple minutes earlier. Being from MD this is one hell of a climate change.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:48 AM   #57
Devout Atheist

Quote:
Yea for sure. I'll send you a PM when I get it up north. It was snowing here for a couple minutes earlier. Being from MD this is one hell of a climate change.
snowing? Maybe I'm glad to be in a building with no windows....
Old 09-30-2009, 11:04 AM   #58
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
snowing? Maybe I'm glad to be in a building with no windows....
Right now I'm loving it. I guess after being here awhile though I'll learn to hate the snow like everyone else seems to. lol
Old 09-30-2009, 11:11 AM   #59
Devout Atheist

Quote:
Right now I'm loving it. I guess after being here awhile though I'll learn to hate the snow like everyone else seems to. lol
It's not the snow itself.... It's the bone numbing cold, ice build up on EVERYTHING, frosted windows and mirrors, and the shoveling! I'm so sick of shoveling my driveway! If I had a snow plow, snow blower, or some college punk () to shovel it for me it wouldn't bother me as much. It just becomes more of a chore than I want to deal with at that point. I park in the barn to avoid scraping the windows, and brushing snow off. But I can't do much about the driveway. Having a snowmobile or atv to ride in it for fun would help too. But right now, it's just one more fucking thing I have to do. And it's not like mowing the lawn where i can put off until the weekend.... noooo.... I *need* to do it before either vehicle can leave the driveway.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:16 AM   #60
Afwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: B-52 Crew Chief/ Ground Radio MX/ LC-
Name: Matt
Afwrestler1986's Tacoma Gallery
I am in the watertown area. As many Tacoma's as you see around one would think that there would be more of them on the forums. Seems like anyone from ny is more down state. Would be cool to get a meet together though.

Products Discussed in this Thread