1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone in NY???

Discussion in 'North East' started by ComaChic, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Nov 21, 2013 at 2:37 PM
    "OldManTan"

"OldManTan" Bye bloody Taco... Hello MGM Burrito!

Member:
    Buffalo, NY
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra DC
    Holy chit, I've done a lot already!!
    To answer your question, not really. I guess Hunter has a point :mad:

2. Nov 21, 2013 at 4:38 PM
    Techoma

Techoma This is the Wild, Wild, West!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Extreme Expo 05 PreRunner
    Dirty fives on Level 8s, 4.88 gears and Harrod Locker on rear. Cab Chop x2, MBRP Cat Back Dual Exhaust w Flowmaster 44 for punch, cut off at rear axle, Throttle Body spacer, Camburg UCA and Coil-Overs, Matrix Spindle lift up front ProComp extended travel on rear w\ Dakar leafs +, Panasonic HU w Front x2 and rear x1 camera, kicker 500 powering 2 JL Audio 10" subs, JL component speakers in front doors and JL audio coaxials in rear doors powered by alpine 600 amp. Cobra all in one CB, Easy Lift hood, and Easy Down Tailgate, Pop N Lock, Dual RGB Halo Projectors, Blacked out tails with HI intensity LED's, Scanguage II, AVID Custom sliders and Hybrid rear bumper, Pelfreybilt Hybrid front, Glock Steering Column Holster, 2 Hella's behind Satoshi on Avid light Bar, Decepticon Badges, 2x 24" LED ropes and 2X 4" HI LEDs to fire up Satoshi w Super Bright green Halo's. Under Hood lighting as well as RGB rock lights. PrinSu Cab/Shell Rack with FreeSpirit hard shell RTT, 28", 2x 20", and 50" LED Bars all controlled by SwitchPros and Weathertechs front and rear.
    I have a descent route. Tried about every one there is. With the new 99 corridor if I'm lucky... I can do it in just under 10.5 hours at 580 miles. Generally its a solid 11. It's all about the timing around DC.

3. Nov 21, 2013 at 4:47 PM
    Techoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Dirty fives on Level 8s, 4.88 gears and Harrod Locker on rear. Cab Chop x2, MBRP Cat Back Dual Exhaust w Flowmaster 44 for punch, cut off at rear axle, Throttle Body spacer, Camburg UCA and Coil-Overs, Matrix Spindle lift up front ProComp extended travel on rear w\ Dakar leafs +, Panasonic HU w Front x2 and rear x1 camera, kicker 500 powering 2 JL Audio 10" subs, JL component speakers in front doors and JL audio coaxials in rear doors powered by alpine 600 amp. Cobra all in one CB, Easy Lift hood, and Easy Down Tailgate, Pop N Lock, Dual RGB Halo Projectors, Blacked out tails with HI intensity LED's, Scanguage II, AVID Custom sliders and Hybrid rear bumper, Pelfreybilt Hybrid front, Glock Steering Column Holster, 2 Hella's behind Satoshi on Avid light Bar, Decepticon Badges, 2x 24" LED ropes and 2X 4" HI LEDs to fire up Satoshi w Super Bright green Halo's. Under Hood lighting as well as RGB rock lights. PrinSu Cab/Shell Rack with FreeSpirit hard shell RTT, 28", 2x 20", and 50" LED Bars all controlled by SwitchPros and Weathertechs front and rear.
    UNDERSTATEMENT!!!! I take every precaution to avoid the traffic going up. Coming home, I don't have as much say when I leave so it doesn't always work well. 2 weeks ago.. it was almost a 13 hour trip... only traffic I hit was DC. Take 8 - 10 lanes and squish it to 3, then 2... it backs up a ways... then add a couple accidents.

I can actually fly cheaper than driving the Taco if I know 3 weeks in advance!

4. Dec 1, 2013 at 9:34 AM
    Stockmonester

Stockmonester Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Rome, Ny
    Vehicle:
    2019 v6 sr 4x4
    in channel vent visors
    First time in the snow
    [​IMG]

5. Feb 7, 2014 at 2:20 PM
    feldman28

feldman28 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    batavia
    Vehicle:
    09 sr5 stick
    Where is everyone ?

6. Feb 7, 2014 at 6:04 PM
    udy2554

udy2554 NORTHERN RED-NECK

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Naples, NY
    Vehicle:
    '06 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Toytec ULK, Light Racing UCA's, OME Dakar rear leaves, ARB Bumper with XRC8 winch, Good Year Duratracs 285/70/17's on 17x9" Level 8 Strike 6's. Leer cap in the winter. Pioneer Double Din with BT, iPod, etc. Boston Acoustic components in all 4 doors with a Sony amp, powered 8" sub. Ultra gauge, Tom Tom...
    I am here! :D. Naples Ny! Sitting in front of the fire watching the First 48! Did a oner, had a couple beers with friends, waiting on unconsciousness and bedtime!:).

Life is good!:D

7. Feb 7, 2014 at 6:47 PM
    rbishopp

rbishopp Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Webster, NY
    Vehicle:
    2009 4WD Reg cab Taco. Keepin it simple.
    So far I've added an Advance folding bed cover and since removed it. Gave it to my son in Maine, he has an 05 2wd. GT perfect fit seat covers. Weathertech floor mats and window vent visors. Waag center brush/grill guard. Hose clamp tailgate mod. Turned off the seat belt chime. Added Ultra-Gauge. Trailer hitch. Softopper. Replaced sun visors with slide out style. Toyota bed extender. Had Firestone Destinations and now Michelin LTX AT2 in stock size. More mods to come; Fog lights, locking storage in bed, intermittent wipers. Now looking for Radio/HU upgrade. and maybe a lift way down the road.
    In Webster, NY watching Olympics opening ceremony having a few pops. Laughing as my girlfriend makes fun of the clothes the athletes are wearing.

8. Feb 8, 2014 at 2:57 AM
    teneighty

teneighty I'd rather be skiing...

Member:
    Right behind you. NY
    Vehicle:
    18’ F150 SCREW LB 3.5 EcoBoost
    Bilstein 5100’s (x4), 275/65/20 Cooper XLT AT3’s
    :wave:

9. Feb 8, 2014 at 6:08 AM
    Techoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Job didnt pan out... still looking. Got a couple interviews (Skype) on Monday. I will be a WNYorker 1sr week of March, job or not! This thread will need to get more active.

10. Feb 8, 2014 at 6:20 AM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 F150 3.5EB SCEW 6.5ft
    Up to my ass in snow. :rolleyes:

Guess I should snowblow a place for people to park today.

11. Feb 8, 2014 at 6:36 AM
    Techoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    I'm so looking forward to being in the "Damn Snow"!!!!! Where in NY are you?

12. Feb 8, 2014 at 9:42 AM
    feldman28

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    batavia
    Vehicle:
    09 sr5 stick
    Who needs to snowblow when you have a tacoma and 4wd. . No you hust have to watch out for the ppl that want to do 25 in snow . Drives me crazy

13. Feb 8, 2014 at 11:16 AM
    piercedtiger

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    You must be crazy. Not sure I want to meet you.... ;)

I'm outside Binghamton.

I didn't need to for me, it's for the people with cars coming today. I just drove through the foot in the driveway, and 18-24" at the end of the driveway from the plow. I just hate all the other things that come with winter:
    • salt corosion
    • scraping ice off windows
    • snow packed under the truck, and between the back window and shell
    • other people that can't drive in snow
    • plastic getting brittle and breaking in the cold

Even the wife now has a vehicle close to the truck with her 4wd v6 pathfinder. We only snowblow for other people.

14. Feb 8, 2014 at 12:45 PM
    Techoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    I'm a prerunner... but my tires did really well up there. A few weeks ago I drove up and it was some of the worst white knuckle stuff I've driven in. PA into NY was BAD. I just kept rolling. I did however chicken out and skipped 63 through Batavia... and stayed on 390 to 90 which is 30 minutes longer. Once I'm settled in I need to figure out if I want to convert this one, or get a beater 4WD.

I guess being gone so long its just intriguing. Pros and Cons everywhere! I will be in Buffalo in 6 or 7 weeks max, job or not.

15. Feb 8, 2014 at 12:48 PM
    Stockmonester

Stockmonester Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Rome, Ny
    Vehicle:
    2019 v6 sr 4x4
    in channel vent visors
    areas around tug hill have some good hidden spots to play around

16. Feb 8, 2014 at 7:19 PM
    piercedtiger

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    Well, 2WD with 200+lbs in the bed isn't too bad, but it's better to have 4WD. I like being able to tap the gas and pull the front back around. That's the problem for me the most part. Just sliding around corners or catching so slush that pulls the front of the truck over. Or just getting up the hills. I cross a couple mountain ranges on the way to work, so having front and rear tires pulling gets me up the hills while 2WD trucks fish tail.

And Buffalo is a snow belt too, with lake effect snow. If you take the thru-way pack water and snacks. It's been shut down a few times over the years, with people being pulled out on snowmobiles. When I was in Rochester working, our regional manager was stuck on the thruway between Rochester and Buffalo for a couple days with a pack of crackers and water bottle.

17. Feb 8, 2014 at 8:59 PM
    Techoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Thanks... I hear ya. I grew up in North Buffalo, but left at 17 (US Navy). Its funny as all the reasons I left... are the things tugging at me to go back.
    The actual snow belts are a trip. My new place is at the city line of Bflo and Kenmore. My bro lives in Cheektowaga 20 minutes away. He can get like 18 inches where my place gets 4 or 5. I'll prob just put a couple sand bags in the back over the axles.

18. Feb 8, 2014 at 10:04 PM
    "OldManTan"

"OldManTan" Bye bloody Taco... Hello MGM Burrito!

Member:
    Buffalo, NY
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra DC
    Holy chit, I've done a lot already!!

What brings you back John? Thanks again for bringing the rims up. They are all cleaned up, painted and ready for tires this week.

19. Feb 9, 2014 at 10:04 AM
    feldman28

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    batavia
    Vehicle:
    09 sr5 stick
    63in batavia is like my front yard.

20. Feb 9, 2014 at 5:41 PM
    Techoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    My wife grew up in Batavia, although I met her here in Va Beach! She worked for me (in the US Navy) one frigging night... I've been working for her ever since!!!!! :rimshot:

Monday is packed with interviews... I have my fingers crossed. We'll be neighbors soon.... and this thread will need to come alive. I'm used to FREQUENT mod days and get togethers down here!

Products Discussed in

To Top