1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone in NY???

Discussion in 'North East' started by ComaChic, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Feb 10, 2014 at 9:22 AM
    feldman28

feldman28 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    batavia
    Vehicle:
    09 sr5 stick
    Hell yeah. I would love a mod day meet and grill some beers. I'm game

2. Feb 14, 2014 at 7:36 PM
    peto48

peto48 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central NY
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma DCSB TRD Off Road Cement 4x4
    Salex Center console organizer, glove box organizer, Husky Xact contour front and rear digital floor liners, OEM black running boards, TRD PRO Sema 4runner wheels black, Blackout badge kit, Bakflip MX4 hard folding tonneau.
    Figured since I'm from NY (near syracuse), this may be a good place to post.

Up for sale is a 5 month old Bak industries Fibermax hard folding tonneau. Retails $799. This hard folding tonneau allows full access to the entire bed when folded back unlike others that only fold over twice. See the pictures of the actual cover on my truck. It has a fiberglass top for extra dent resistance compared to aluminum. It also has as a drainage system where water is channeled to the rails and exits out a tube. The rails connect directly to the rail system. No drill install. This is for the Tacoma 2005-2014 short box (5ft) only.

The cover has a slight gap at one of the seals (see one of the pics). The gap leads to the drainage area so it does not effect water getting into the bed.

SOLD

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  3. Feb 14, 2014 at 7:47 PM
    avw4x4

avw4x4 Well-Hung Member

Member:
    First Name:
    (M)Andrew
    Rochester, NY
    Vehicle:
    2003 Yota
    ...loading....
    Also in Batavia and down for meeting up with people whenever.

Anyone found anywhere close to go wheeling? I keep going to Ohio or PA, would be nice to go somewhere closer!

4. Feb 14, 2014 at 9:57 PM
    Techoma

Techoma This is the Wild, Wild, West!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Extreme Expo 05 PreRunner
    Dirty fives on Level 8s, 4.88 gears and Harrod Locker on rear. Cab Chop x2, MBRP Cat Back Dual Exhaust w Flowmaster 44 for punch, cut off at rear axle, Throttle Body spacer, Camburg UCA and Coil-Overs, Matrix Spindle lift up front ProComp extended travel on rear w\ Dakar leafs +, Panasonic HU w Front x2 and rear x1 camera, kicker 500 powering 2 JL Audio 10" subs, JL component speakers in front doors and JL audio coaxials in rear doors powered by alpine 600 amp. Cobra all in one CB, Easy Lift hood, and Easy Down Tailgate, Pop N Lock, Dual RGB Halo Projectors, Blacked out tails with HI intensity LED's, Scanguage II, AVID Custom sliders and Hybrid rear bumper, Pelfreybilt Hybrid front, Glock Steering Column Holster, 2 Hella's behind Satoshi on Avid light Bar, Decepticon Badges, 2x 24" LED ropes and 2X 4" HI LEDs to fire up Satoshi w Super Bright green Halo's. Under Hood lighting as well as RGB rock lights. PrinSu Cab/Shell Rack with FreeSpirit hard shell RTT, 28", 2x 20", and 50" LED Bars all controlled by SwitchPros and Weathertechs front and rear.
    You know I want that thing!!!! How far from Corning are you? I'll be passing through there from VA to Buffalo mid to late next week. I need to get one of these NY guys to buy mine for $200! Older model but extremely functional!

Things are looking pretty good. I'm hoping I'm not over reacting... but had 2 interviews with 2 different joints as well as tech assessments and personality assessments.

I also have family out Boston NY way with ACREAGE!!!!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  5. Feb 15, 2014 at 3:33 AM
    peto48

peto48 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central NY
    Vehicle:
    Salex Center console organizer, glove box organizer, Husky Xact contour front and rear digital floor liners, OEM black running boards, TRD PRO Sema 4runner wheels black, Blackout badge kit, Bakflip MX4 hard folding tonneau.

6. Feb 15, 2014 at 4:48 AM
    "OldManTan"

"OldManTan" Bye bloody Taco... Hello MGM Burrito!

Member:
    Buffalo, NY
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra DC
    Holy chit, I've done a lot already!!
    Good Man John and wife. Can't wait for you to bring a little of that VA TW feeling up here. Meets and such would be a great time.

7. Feb 15, 2014 at 5:56 AM
    Techoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Dirty fives on Level 8s, 4.88 gears and Harrod Locker on rear. Cab Chop x2, MBRP Cat Back Dual Exhaust w Flowmaster 44 for punch, cut off at rear axle, Throttle Body spacer, Camburg UCA and Coil-Overs, Matrix Spindle lift up front ProComp extended travel on rear w\ Dakar leafs +, Panasonic HU w Front x2 and rear x1 camera, kicker 500 powering 2 JL Audio 10" subs, JL component speakers in front doors and JL audio coaxials in rear doors powered by alpine 600 amp. Cobra all in one CB, Easy Lift hood, and Easy Down Tailgate, Pop N Lock, Dual RGB Halo Projectors, Blacked out tails with HI intensity LED's, Scanguage II, AVID Custom sliders and Hybrid rear bumper, Pelfreybilt Hybrid front, Glock Steering Column Holster, 2 Hella's behind Satoshi on Avid light Bar, Decepticon Badges, 2x 24" LED ropes and 2X 4" HI LEDs to fire up Satoshi w Super Bright green Halo's. Under Hood lighting as well as RGB rock lights. PrinSu Cab/Shell Rack with FreeSpirit hard shell RTT, 28", 2x 20", and 50" LED Bars all controlled by SwitchPros and Weathertechs front and rear.
    I'm now really looking forward to it! I'm already trying to figure out how to squeeze another 2 car garage in the yard!!! I may have to buy\lease a small commercial place that I can store stuff in as well as work on tacos!

What do you guys think... keep this thread going... liven it up... or start a new one? I think keep this one. Mods and so much more are easier and more fulfilling if shared! It would take me a few hours to replace my leafs by myself... but have done it in an hour with local guys. On the otherhand... there are guys around here that seem to know everything about our trucks! They share that knowledge willingly! There's NOTHING we can't do as a group. Our mod days, which are regular, have no less than 6 trucks... generally a dozen or more. Road trips for camping\wheeling... often too many trucks!

Lets get it going... I'm already losing my second amendment rights... I can't loose my TW addition as well!!!!

8. Feb 15, 2014 at 6:03 AM
    peto48

peto48 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central NY
    Vehicle:

9. Feb 15, 2014 at 7:35 AM
    Techoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:

10. Feb 15, 2014 at 7:45 AM
    peto48

peto48 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central NY
    Vehicle:

11. Feb 16, 2014 at 7:40 PM
    Techoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:

12. Feb 16, 2014 at 11:33 PM
    peto48

peto48 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central NY
    Vehicle:

13. Feb 17, 2014 at 3:12 PM
    Techoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Looks like Friday Fish Fry in Buffalo for me! Leaving here (VA) Thursday AM,... head back here Tuesday AM. I've done quicker turn arounds the past couple months!!! #RoadWarrior [​IMG]

14. Feb 25, 2014 at 4:50 AM
    MMILES

MMILES Well-Known Member

Member:
    NY/CT
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Limited Silver

Just sent you a PM.

15. Feb 25, 2014 at 12:08 PM
    Techoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Hey neighbors... or soon to be! I had 4 interviews while up there. Im now driving home trying to decide which of the jobs I want as they all want me!

While I was house hunting... I found this street!

20140224_143042.jpg

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  16. Feb 25, 2014 at 1:53 PM
    rbishopp

rbishopp Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Webster, NY
    Vehicle:
    2009 4WD Reg cab Taco. Keepin it simple.
    So far I've added an Advance folding bed cover and since removed it. Gave it to my son in Maine, he has an 05 2wd. GT perfect fit seat covers. Weathertech floor mats and window vent visors. Waag center brush/grill guard. Hose clamp tailgate mod. Turned off the seat belt chime. Added Ultra-Gauge. Trailer hitch. Softopper. Replaced sun visors with slide out style. Toyota bed extender. Had Firestone Destinations and now Michelin LTX AT2 in stock size. More mods to come; Fog lights, locking storage in bed, intermittent wipers. Now looking for Radio/HU upgrade. and maybe a lift way down the road.
    Most people I know wish they could find a job outside ny.

17. Feb 25, 2014 at 3:15 PM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 F150 3.5EB SCEW 6.5ft

^This! :rolleyes: This state sucks.

18. Feb 25, 2014 at 4:49 PM
    avw4x4

avw4x4 Well-Hung Member

Member:
    First Name:
    (M)Andrew
    Rochester, NY
    Vehicle:
    2003 Yota
    ...loading....
    I'm going back to Ohio Friday night to go wheeling Saturday at Southington Offroad. Anyone bored and want to join?

www.southingtonoffroad.com

19. Feb 26, 2014 at 5:17 AM
    Techoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Trust me... there are reasons I'm doing it... family stuff. Between their taxes, heavy left wing presence, and safe act (biggest joke in the country), it is a pretty tough thing to swallow.

On the other hand, Buffalo is finally growing and there's a good handful of Technology companies there... and moving there. Housing is obscenely cheap... so I'm hoping it balances out.

We currently drive up to the Upstate mountains at least once a year for vacation... that won't change.... just the 14 hour drive will decrease!

20. Feb 26, 2014 at 5:32 AM
    Skunkman

Skunkman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Syracuse - Tug Hill
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Access Cab ,
    If you move here knowing what you are getting into, it isn't so bad. You know the state is run by liberal gun grabbing idiots , and the tax man is going to bend you over every chance he gets. On the plus side is, it is really an outdoorsman's paradise, with excellent hunting, plus Walleye, Smallmouth, and Salmon fishing that is world class. Plus ,like you stated, houses are almost free. And it isn't hard to find enough room in either Tug Hill, or the Adirondacks to get back in the woods far enough to keep your sanity. I'm about your age , and in the same situation. I moved here to keep an eye on my father who is getting up there in years, that was 20 + years ago, he is still going strong, and I don't regret a minute of it.

Products Discussed in

To Top