Anyone in NY???

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-16-2014, 11:33 PM   #1181
peto48 will become famous soon enough

peto48's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Techoma;8209163][QUOTE=peto48;8201299]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techoma View Post

I have the Solid Bakflip that sits entirely on the top of the bed sides, and just the 2 sections fold back. Its an older model I purchased over the Summer at the Steven's Toyota Meet in Harrisonburg. I'm sure I can get $150 for it.
I agree, you shouldn't have any problem getting $150 for a solid trifold.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:50 AM   #1183
MMILES is on a distinguished road

MMILES's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by peto48 View Post
Figured since I'm from NY (near syracuse), this may be a good place to post.

Up for sale is a 5 month old Bak industries Fibermax hard folding tonneau. Retails $799. This hard folding tonneau allows full access to the entire bed when folded back unlike others that only fold over twice. See the pictures of the actual cover on my truck. It has a fiberglass top for extra dent resistance compared to aluminum. It also has as a drainage system where water is channeled to the rails and exits out a tube. The rails connect directly to the rail system. No drill install. This is for the Tacoma 2005-2014 short box (5ft) only.

The cover has a slight gap at one of the seals (see one of the pics). The gap leads to the drainage area so it does not effect water getting into the bed.

SOLD

Just sent you a PM.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:15 PM   #1186
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbishopp View Post
Most people I know wish they could find a job outside ny.

^This! This state sucks.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:49 PM   #1187
avw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
avw4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going back to Ohio Friday night to go wheeling Saturday at Southington Offroad. Anyone bored and want to join?

www.southingtonoffroad.com
Old 02-26-2014, 05:17 AM   #1188
Safe Act is anything but!!!
Techoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Retired CPO
Name: John
Techoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Most people I know wish they could find a job outside ny.
Trust me... there are reasons I'm doing it... family stuff. Between their taxes, heavy left wing presence, and safe act (biggest joke in the country), it is a pretty tough thing to swallow.

On the other hand, Buffalo is finally growing and there's a good handful of Technology companies there... and moving there. Housing is obscenely cheap... so I'm hoping it balances out.

We currently drive up to the Upstate mountains at least once a year for vacation... that won't change.... just the 14 hour drive will decrease!
Old 02-26-2014, 05:32 AM   #1189
Skunkman is a jewel in the roughSkunkman is a jewel in the roughSkunkman is a jewel in the rough

Army:
Skunkman's Tacoma Gallery
If you move here knowing what you are getting into, it isn't so bad. You know the state is run by liberal gun grabbing idiots , and the tax man is going to bend you over every chance he gets. On the plus side is, it is really an outdoorsman's paradise, with excellent hunting, plus Walleye, Smallmouth, and Salmon fishing that is world class. Plus ,like you stated, houses are almost free. And it isn't hard to find enough room in either Tug Hill, or the Adirondacks to get back in the woods far enough to keep your sanity. I'm about your age , and in the same situation. I moved here to keep an eye on my father who is getting up there in years, that was 20 + years ago, he is still going strong, and I don't regret a minute of it.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:47 AM   #1191
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techoma View Post
Trust me... there are reasons I'm doing it... family stuff. Between their taxes, heavy left wing presence, and safe act (biggest joke in the country), it is a pretty tough thing to swallow.

On the other hand, Buffalo is finally growing and there's a good handful of Technology companies there... and moving there. Housing is obscenely cheap... so I'm hoping it balances out.

We currently drive up to the Upstate mountains at least once a year for vacation... that won't change.... just the 14 hour drive will decrease!
I can appreciate that. Family is the only reason I came back here from SC. Well, there were reasons I left SC, but that's the only real reason I came back to NY and stayed here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunkman View Post
If you move here knowing what you are getting into, it isn't so bad. You know the state is run by liberal gun grabbing idiots , and the tax man is going to bend you over every chance he gets. On the plus side is, it is really an outdoorsman's paradise, with excellent hunting, plus Walleye, Smallmouth, and Salmon fishing that is world class. Plus ,like you stated, houses are almost free. And it isn't hard to find enough room in either Tug Hill, or the Adirondacks to get back in the woods far enough to keep your sanity. I'm about your age , and in the same situation. I moved here to keep an eye on my father who is getting up there in years, that was 20 + years ago, he is still going strong, and I don't regret a minute of it.
The environment might be ideal, but the damn regulations are a pain in the ass. Fees for hunting licenses, the odd expiration times of fishing permits (Cuomo actually realized how retarded those were when he discovered fishing and now wants to change them), and then the whole safe act now making it illegal to rifle hunt with anything with a pistol grip. Or even a semi-auto shotgun with pistol grip. Oh and some hunting grounds are illegal to hunt on in the Adirondacks simply because the land is owned by a college.

http://www.pressrepublican.com/0105_...SF-lands/print

Really makes me wonder how much hunting will decrease thanks to that bullshit law.

Quote:
Don't get me wrong I love the geography the outdoor activities abound. The government is about the worst in the county. And don't think the safe act is a joke. It's a crime.
The hills and trees are definitely something I missed in SC! All flat except the on ramps, and very few trees. However, I was able to breath clearly and enjoy sunny days all the time down there! Back in NY my sinuses are congested nearly 24x7, and it's almost always cloudy/overcast here.

If it wasn't so cold that all the plastic shit broke, I could breath clearly, and had a snowmobile or something to enjoy the snow with I might actually like it here. lol But without that, the ridiculous laws and taxes far outweigh the geographical benefits.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:53 AM   #1192
Techoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Techoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunkman View Post
Yup, I'm a big boy. I know how to play with the cards I was dealt, and plan on making the very best of it. I'll miss my house, BIG yard, inground heated pool (open from mid Mar to late Oct), and every 2nd amendment right available to exercise!

I won't miss the oppressive summer humidity, INCREDIBLE POLLEN 11.5 months a year, bugs galore, mosquitos that never stop breeding, noseums from hell, hurricanes', lack of professional sports and coverage, the fact that my outstanding mortgage is more than the current value of my parents home, both brothers, and sister COMBINED, which in turn make my low taxes on it higher than the taxes of any place I looked at!
All in all, actually... none of it really matters. It's just simple to list shit I don't like... but for well over 20 years, I've dealt with it, and enjoyed it... just like I will up there.

Truly, besides my grandson, I'm going miss the crazy TW Guys and girls down here. It is a very large, active group! We have meets and Mod Days OFTEN... everyone is willing to get together... help... wheel... whatever.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:31 PM   #1193
feldman28 is on a distinguished road

Name: chris
feldman28's Tacoma Gallery
Now let the warm weather come and have a mod day meet and drink
Old 02-27-2014, 06:39 PM   #1194

MMILES's Tacoma Gallery
Come to meet in Brewster NY in March.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:52 PM   #1195
avw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
avw4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by feldman28 View Post
Yes, it desperately needs to warm up. I am game for whatever this summer, I would really like to find a closer place to hit some trails. I don't know of anything in ny though.

Techoma, when you move in let us know and we'll have to organize something. You guys down for taking a weekend off to wheel? Maybe a trip to PA or the ADKs if there are any legal trails/someone who knows where to go.
Old 02-28-2014, 06:11 AM   #1196

Techoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sounds great! I'll be needing my TW fixes!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMILES View Post
Come to meet in Brewster NY in March.
DETAILS???? Current move date is March 19.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avw4x4 View Post
Yes, it desperately needs to warm up. I am game for whatever this summer, I would really like to find a closer place to hit some trails. I don't know of anything in ny though.

Techoma, when you move in let us know and we'll have to organize something. You guys down for taking a weekend off to wheel? Maybe a trip to PA or the ADKs if there are any legal trails/someone who knows where to go.
Once I get there... I'll be hooking up with my cousins who are in the Boston\Orchard Park area. The have been dirt track\snowmobile racers for YEARS, and MUST know something with all the land around them!
Old 02-28-2014, 08:18 AM   #1197

There is a off road park for wheelers . There used to be one at Dunn tire drag strip. But there is a local club they go out just about every few weeks. Wny offroad. Fallow them on facebook
Old 02-28-2014, 08:19 AM   #1198

Sorry wny 4wd is the club name
Old 02-28-2014, 08:56 PM   #1199

MMILES's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone in NY???

Bummer - here is link... We are meeting Sunday March 23
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=317515
Old 02-28-2014, 09:28 PM   #1200

Techoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sorry wny 4wd is the club name
Thanks man, I'll check it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMILES View Post
Bummer - here is link... We are meeting Sunday March 23
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=317515
OUCH... too much of a drive! Couldn't make it back in time for work the 24th!

Products Discussed in this Thread