Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

NJ Tint?

Old 07-19-2009, 03:05 PM   #1
Slypted is a jewel in the roughSlypted is a jewel in the roughSlypted is a jewel in the rough

Air Force:
Name: Frank
Slypted's Tacoma Gallery
NJ Tint?

Anyone know of a reputable window tinting shop in NJ close to the Fort Dix area? I wanna get my front windows done soon.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:13 PM   #2
Taco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud of

Law Enforcement:
Taco's for All's Tacoma Gallery
I got mine done a number of years ago on my car at Auto Image. A bit north for you, but VERY reputable, and they do a great job at a great price. www.autoimage.com
Old 07-19-2009, 03:17 PM   #3
Slypted is a jewel in the roughSlypted is a jewel in the roughSlypted is a jewel in the rough

Air Force:
Slypted's Tacoma Gallery
Cool thanks! They actually have a store in Freehold, which isn't too far. I'll check em out.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:19 PM   #4
dennyct@hotmail.com will become famous soon enough
Navy: Naval Security Group
dennyct@hotmail.com's Tacoma Gallery
Illegal Tinting

You can get your front windows tinted but NJ auto laws state that they have to be in the origional condition. Maybe you can get away with it if the tint is light so the cops can see into the truck. By front, you mean front sides? It is illegal to tint the front winshield. Do a google for the NJ auto tinting regs before so you won't make a mistake.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:23 PM   #5
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slypted View Post
Anyone know of a reputable window tinting shop in NJ close to the Fort Dix area? I wanna get my front windows done soon.
i have a detail shop next to my tire store that does window tint
but were in Denville nj
Old 07-19-2009, 03:28 PM   #6
Taco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud of

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennyct@hotmail.com View Post
You can get your front windows tinted but NJ auto laws state that they have to be in the origional condition. Maybe you can get away with it if the tint is light so the cops can see into the truck. By front, you mean front sides? It is illegal to tint the front winshield. Do a google for the NJ auto tinting regs before so you won't make a mistake.
In NJ, you cannot have any tint on your front windshield, or front driver and passenger windows unless it's factory. I lived there for 5 years with moderately dark tint on a sports car and was never stopped for it. I was harassed at a checkpoint once, but never stopped and ticketed. My personal opinion is that the police will use tint as the reason for the stop only if their attention was drawn to your vehicle for some reason AND they're trying to find something else to stop you for.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:36 PM   #7

Air Force:
Slypted's Tacoma Gallery
Front side windows is what Im talking about.
My truck is licensed in WV, so NJ laws can suck it lol.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:40 PM   #8
dennyct@hotmail.com will become famous soon enough
Navy: Naval Security Group
dennyct@hotmail.com's Tacoma Gallery
Tint or not

I am in NJ but have Florida plates. I would like to get my front side windows tinted also but am paranoid about it because I like to go to the bar and drink a few brews on friday nights. All I need is something stupid to happen as an excuse to get pulled over like: tinted windows, rear brake light bulb out, or some other stupid thing.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:44 PM   #9

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennyct@hotmail.com View Post
I am in NJ but have Florida plates. I would like to get my front side windows tinted also but am paranoid about it because I like to go to the bar and drink a few brews on friday nights. All I need is something stupid to happen as an excuse to get pulled over like: tinted windows, rear brake light bulb out, or some other stupid thing.
Last I checked, if you have Florida plates, police in NJ cannot use the fact that you have tinted windows as a reason for the stop. Rear brake light bulb is fair game though.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:17 PM   #10
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
i think it can only be 15% or lighter. it doesnt matter if your truck reg in jersey, a s cop will give you a ticket anyway.if he can give you a speeding ticket, he can give you a tint ticket.
tint isnt worth the trouble. what if your banged up and driving,and a cop pulls you over cuz of tint?? YOUR FUKD!!!!!
Old 07-20-2009, 04:49 AM   #11
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slypted View Post
My truck is licensed in WV, so NJ laws can suck it lol.
That's awesome man!

BTW your not one of those focking C-130 pilots that flying so freaking low over my house are you.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:15 PM   #12

Air Force:
Slypted's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer J View Post
That's awesome man!

BTW your not one of those focking C-130 pilots that flying so freaking low over my house are you.
Nah I dont fly em, I just fix em. I only work on the KC-10 and C-17, no C-130s here other than a few passing through from time to time
Old 07-23-2009, 10:25 AM   #13
AngryTacoma
#Reistlehr- is on a distinguished road
#Reistlehr-'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to #Reistlehr- Send a message via MSN to #Reistlehr- Send a message via Yahoo to #Reistlehr-
Dave, theres a detail shop next to etd?
Old 07-23-2009, 10:38 AM   #14
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco's for All View Post
Last I checked, if you have Florida plates, police in NJ cannot use the fact that you have tinted windows as a reason for the stop. Rear brake light bulb is fair game though.
Tint laws in most states are not sufficient to get you pulled over. They will just tack the fine onto a speeding ticket or whatever else once they do stop you and figure out your tint is too dark.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:58 PM   #15
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
theres one good one down by me in toms river, about 45 mins from you. I had them do it a few years ago, and the guy is a perfectionist.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:33 AM   #16
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by #Reistlehr- View Post
Dave, theres a detail shop next to etd?
yes there is