Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

Ohio trails

Old 08-30-2009, 08:35 PM   #1
BlackRig has a spectacular aura aboutBlackRig has a spectacular aura about

Name: Craig
BlackRig's Tacoma Gallery
Ohio trails

I'm new to offroading. In fact, my 09 hasn't got a spec of dirt on it. I can't find a good spot to go. Anybody willing to show a new guy around? I'm near Cleveland but I'll travel a bit to hit some decent trails.

I buy lots of beer.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:32 AM   #2
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
not many "public" off road areas here. check out this link: http://www.ttora.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=178

they make several "local" runs every year, and some out of state trips as well. the president of the OH chapter is there in cleveland, as are a few others. they probably have something going on this fall at Wellsville.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:29 PM   #3

I always forget to check the local stuff on TTORA. Have you ever gone with them?
Old 09-27-2009, 11:55 AM   #4

Has anybody gone to a jeepskool event? I think im going to go Oct. 3&4 with my buddy and his new jeep. I was wondering if anybody's been to one. I also wonder if i'll be the only taco.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:42 PM   #5
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Find a local offroad club near you....

Ohio TTORA (as listed already)

Ohio clubs
http://www.off-road.com/offroad/arti....jsp?id=290926

Are you anywhere near Mount Perry OH? Just found this park...but I don't know anything about it.
http://www.paintedrockohv.com/

Here's some more stuff I found
http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Mesa/1...oValleyOf.html
http://www.offroadohio.com/
http://www.fortunecity.com/silversto...r/6/trail.html

I've been to Wellsville trials. Not an offroad park..but a popular place near Wellsville. I'm not sure of the legalities of the place either.

Never heard of the Jeepskool organization/event - but their website looks pretty indepth and professional. I say, Go 4 it!!
Why not?
Old 09-28-2009, 05:51 AM   #6
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRig View Post
I always forget to check the local stuff on TTORA. Have you ever gone with them?
yes. went to Tellico last fall. it was actually the South East TTORA Takeover sponsered by the Georgia club. there were about 75 trucks in all, from mild (like mine) to wild. there were 5 of us from Ohio that went. i had a great time! it was a bit cold for tent camping though...35 degrees waking up in the morning it was my first time meeting the OHTTORA club and they were all very cool and i felt welcomed instantly. i haven't been able to go on any other rides with them as of yet, due to lack of armor & funds. i really wanted to go to Raush Creek this summer, but didn't have the money. i gotta get a few more pieces of steel bolted to the truck, then i'll be ready to get back on the trails with them. a few of the members have gone to the Jeep School and said it was a good time. i've also heard them talk about a private place called On & Off Road or something. one other spot i think called East 260 maybe? introduce yourself over on their forum...i'm pretty sure they have something in the works for November.