Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

Maine

Old 03-04-2014, 07:28 AM   #601
Don't Compromise; Notarize!
Noelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Noel
Noelie84's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineah View Post
Would you get out of your truck if you did not have to in a snowy parking lot? Frankly I think his comment was good it was a very polite way if saying it was probably better that you did not spin around in circles in a private parking lot.
Shrug. On the one hand I can certainly understand not wanting to get out of his truck. On the other hand, it wasn't an overly safe approach on his part not to leave himself a fast escape route if I pulled a gun or something. On the third hand, I'm sure he was pretty certain that I was just a goon clowning around and wasn't going to draw on him.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:50 AM   #602
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
If you assume every stop has a nut with a gun you would never get any sleep at night. I would rather be in a running truck than on foot if some one pulled a gun.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:56 AM   #603
Noelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineah View Post
If you assume every stop has a nut with a gun you would never get any sleep at night. I would rather be in a running truck than on foot if some one pulled a gun.
Meh. Not a cop so I wouldn't know for sure.
I just know that every other time I've been pulled over the cop's always made sure to stay behind my window, do a visual check of the interior, etc. Most of them seem more relaxed after I hand them my CCW permit than they do when they don't know that I've got it. I've even had some officers talk about their off-duty carry guns before.
One of them even showed me a gorgeous Kimber that he used as his off-duty carry; it had a bead-blasted frame and slide, with polished trigger, hammer, and pins and black safety and slide releases. Plus a set of tritium sights, and he said he'd had the trigger done. That was one of the prettiest guns I've ever seen; a real Hot Rod.
Old 04-02-2014, 02:07 PM   #604
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys! The wife and I were planning a vacation for this summer, had thought about going to South Carolina, but now we're thinking about heading further north to your neck of the woods. We would have to fly into Portland. Neither of us have ever been to the east coast. What would you guys recommend doing for someone who has never been there? Places to eat, stay, must do's, must see's. Things to avoid? Thanks.
Old 04-02-2014, 02:11 PM   #605

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
Hey guys! The wife and I were planning a vacation for this summer, had thought about going to South Carolina, but now we're thinking about heading further north to your neck of the woods. We would have to fly into Portland. Neither of us have ever been to the east coast. What would you guys recommend doing for someone who has never been there? Places to eat, stay, must do's, must see's. Things to avoid? Thanks.
What do you like to do?
That'll determine where we point you!
One thing you need to do is go to the ocean. Not Old Orchard Beach, either. The real ocean, someplace without a million people everywhere.
Old 04-02-2014, 02:34 PM   #606
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelie84 View Post
What do you like to do?
That'll determine where we point you!
One thing you need to do is go to the ocean. Not Old Orchard Beach, either. The real ocean, someplace without a million people everywhere.
We like anything outdoors, into backpacking, hiking stuff like that, places to get some cool pictures. Not a huge fan of people, so the less the better, granted I know we wont be able to avoid all the crowds, but some local cool spots would be nice to know. We are thinking of being there from July 3-8.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:07 PM   #607
40 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
We like anything outdoors, into backpacking, hiking stuff like that, places to get some cool pictures. Not a huge fan of people, so the less the better, granted I know we wont be able to avoid all the crowds, but some local cool spots would be nice to know. We are thinking of being there from July 3-8.
4th of July is real busy up here.
Tons of people along the beaches and inland waters.
I would suggest some research online.
They have the eastern trail for bike riding. Never done it but they say its pretty cool if u like that. Some charter fishing.
Local Race tracks for cars and horses.
Lots of sea food places.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:25 PM   #608

Quote:
Not into people...in Vacationland" on the weekend of the 4th....

That'll be kind of a challenge to get away from people that weekend, honestly. The nice scenic places will likely be crowded, and the places like OOB will be packed like sardines in a can.
You can still get remote campsites that weekend, but you'll want to book them now. How far are you going to be willing to travel to get away from Portland?
Old 04-02-2014, 04:53 PM   #609
I'm your huckleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma Mike View Post
4th of July is real busy up here.
Tons of people along the beaches and inland waters.
I would suggest some research online.
They have the eastern trail for bike riding. Never done it but they say its pretty cool if u like that. Some charter fishing.
Local Race tracks for cars and horses.
Lots of sea food places.
Fishing would be cool. We didnt get to when we were in Alaska.
I do love seafood.

Quote:
Not into people...in Vacationland" on the weekend of the 4th....

That'll be kind of a challenge to get away from people that weekend, honestly. The nice scenic places will likely be crowded, and the places like OOB will be packed like sardines in a can.
You can still get remote campsites that weekend, but you'll want to book them now. How far are you going to be willing to travel to get away from Portland?
Yeah... We want to see the ocean, but not necessarily hang out on the beach for hours. I swim kind of like a rock, I am pasty white, and my wife is a ginger. We're not really stuck on that weekend, we just thought of then because we get an extra paid day off with the holiday. Probably not going to camp, but we would definitely be willing to travel a few hours from Portland. I like lighthouses, and would love to get some pictures of a few.

I appreciate your guys' input.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:14 PM   #610
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Fishing would be cool. We didnt get to when we were in Alaska.
I do love seafood.

Yeah... We want to see the ocean, but not necessarily hang out on the beach for hours. I swim kind of like a rock, I am pasty white, and my wife is a ginger. We're not really stuck on that weekend, we just thought of then because we get an extra paid day off with the holiday. Probably not going to camp, but we would definitely be willing to travel a few hours from Portland. I like lighthouses, and would love to get some pictures of a few.

I appreciate your guys' input.
Light houses we have.
Ask away.
We can steer you down some road... Lol
I would suggest you get a agenda with wifey and search like hell.
So many hidden things to do up here.
You going to drive or fly ??? Never mind your flying heheh
Old 04-02-2014, 05:47 PM   #611
I'm your huckleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma Mike View Post
Light houses we have.
Ask away.
We can steer you down some road... Lol
I would suggest you get a agenda with wifey and search like hell.
So many hidden things to do up here.
You going to drive or fly ??? Never mind your flying heheh
Yeah, flying. We won the tickets through my work, so they're free!
Old 04-02-2014, 06:02 PM   #612

Quote:
Yeah, flying. We won the tickets through my work, so they're free!
You can get one day fishing licenses or 3 day...
Guides would have all info you needed for a package.

Big ass scallops and haddock strips .mmmmmmmmm
Clams.
I love fried seafood.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:43 PM   #613
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Look up the Appalachian trail. Then prepare to hike the 100 mile wilderness. It's on my wife and I's bucket list.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:51 AM   #614
Maineiack is on a distinguished road

Maineiack's Tacoma Gallery
If you want ocean and light houses, I suggest Owls Head and the Rockland breakwater. You can also head down towards Camden and Rockport area, lots of great restaurants, and you have Mt. Battie and Mcgunticook in that area for hiking. You could just travel coastal rt1 and just stop whenever you feel. It may be busy that weekend but you could make Bar Harbor your destination and see a lot of fun stuff along the way. There are a lot of camp grounds on that route to stay at as well.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:20 AM   #615
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineiack View Post
If you want ocean and light houses, I suggest Owls Head and the Rockland breakwater. You can also head down towards Camden and Rockport area, lots of great restaurants, and you have Mt. Battie and Mcgunticook in that area for hiking. You could just travel coastal rt1 and just stop whenever you feel. It may be busy that weekend but you could make Bar Harbor your destination and see a lot of fun stuff along the way. There are a lot of camp grounds on that route to stay at as well.
This^^ Yep route 1 right up the coast.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:35 AM   #616

Ugh.
That can be hit or miss. It's a nice drive, but a lot of times in July Rt 1 turns into a parking lot, haha!
Of course, you can always turn the blinker on and go exploring.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:30 AM   #617
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
Brunswick/Bath area can be a quieter place unless they are using the "College" for an event...

http://jrmaxwells.com/ in downtown Bath.. ,walking along the back side of Mariners history and then using some of the smaller "Local Guides" can give you a "Better look" at natures best via a boat..

http://www.acadiamagic.com/CadillacMountain.html I will leave this here for ......

We went here last summer and
Old 04-03-2014, 06:52 AM   #618
Sloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
If you want an awesome hike look up baxter state park/ Mt Katahdin. Just make sure to go prepared, not exactly on easy hike but totally worth it. Arguably one of the toughest portions of the Appalachian trail. Like others have said most places get pretty busy around July 4th up there since a lot of massholes such as myself like to escape up there for the holidays.

Like snoope mentioned, Acadia national park is awesome place to visit too. You can hike Cadillac mountain (first place the sun rises in the continental US), and then do the more touristy things over in bar harbor.

Whatever you plan to do, if it's going to need reservations book them now.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:27 AM   #619

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
If you want an awesome hike look up baxter state park/ Mt Katahdin. Just make sure to go prepared, not exactly on easy hike but totally worth it. Arguably one of the toughest portions of the Appalachian trail. Like others have said most places get pretty busy around July 4th up there since a lot of massholes such as myself like to escape up there for the holidays.

Like snoope mentioned, Acadia national park is awesome place to visit too. You can hike Cadillac mountain (first place the sun rises in the continental US), and then do the more touristy things over in bar harbor.

Whatever you plan to do, if it's going to need reservations book them now.
That's a haul from Portland, though. They could camp around Acadia and then climb Cadillac to greet the sun. But getting to BSP from Portland is what, 4 hours? And that's mostly highway, too. I think it's something like 200 miles one way...

Edit: If you DO want to climb Baxter, or even if you're interested in Acadia, you should definitely fly into Bangor instead. It'll cut about 2 hours off of your travel time, haha!
Old 04-03-2014, 07:48 AM   #620
Sloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's a haul from Portland, though. They could camp around Acadia and then climb Cadillac to greet the sun. But getting to BSP from Portland is what, 4 hours? And that's mostly highway, too. I think it's something like 200 miles one way...

Edit: If you DO want to climb Baxter, or even if you're interested in Acadia, you should definitely fly into Bangor instead. It'll cut about 2 hours off of your travel time, haha!
Good point, BSP and Acadia areboth not exactly close. Flying into Bangor would be smart. Might be a significant cost increase though since its a smaller airport. Acadia is probably the top place to go to kind of check all the boxes off so to speak. It has camping, hiking, lighthouse, seafood, etc.