Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

Snow Storm Coming!! Woot woot!

Old 12-17-2009, 02:41 PM   #1
"Mark It Zero"
Agent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 0261
Agent475's Tacoma Gallery
Snow Storm Coming!! Woot woot!

To the Baltimore/DC area!!

... WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE FRIDAY NIGHT THROUGH LATE SATURDAY NIGHT...
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STERLING VIRGINIA HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH... IN EFFECT FROM LATE FRIDAY NIGHT THROUGH LATE SATURDAY NIGHT.
* PRECIP TYPE... SNOW.
* ACCUMULATIONS... HEAVY SNOW WITH ACCUMULATIONS GREATER THAN 5 INCHES.
* TIMING... SNOW WILL BEGIN LATE FRIDAY NIGHT AND WILL CONTINUE THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING.
* TEMPERATURES... UPPER 20S TO LOWER 30S THROUGH THE EVENT.
* WINDS... 10 TO 20 MPH THROUGH THE EVENT... WITH GUSTS OF 25 TO 30 MPH SATURDAY AND SUNDAY.
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...
A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT SNOW THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL. CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS

If only I had time this weekend to get out and play in the snow!
Old 12-17-2009, 03:03 PM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
You should get it....

The weather people here can't predict jack shit. They're saying "It's a wildcard" - so, in other words...they don't know!!!!

Yup.... ZERO - TWELVE inches of snow expected.

I gotta work all day Saturday 8am-8pm. I'll miss it completely OR driving home could take longer than usual.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:07 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
they predicted wintry mix/sleet/snow here.........aint gonna happen. our weathermen couldnt predict a damned tornado if the sumbitch picked them up and tossed them to the next county.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:09 PM   #4
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
i dont even watch the weather anymore..If I wanna see what its going to be like, I'll look out the window
Old 12-17-2009, 03:12 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
i dont even watch the weather anymore..If I wanna see what its going to be like, I'll look out the window
Old 12-17-2009, 03:27 PM   #6
ride BMX!
littledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
littledvl's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm guess I need to make sure I get my truck back from the dealer tomorrow just in case, it would be nice to have some fun in the snow!

But on the other hand, I wouldnt be surprised if saturday was 70 and sunny all day.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:31 PM   #7
agtaco will become famous soon enoughagtaco will become famous soon enough
agtaco's Tacoma Gallery
That's a storm 5 inches ROFL
Old 12-17-2009, 04:05 PM   #8
MattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Matt
MattN03's Tacoma Gallery
They're saying 1"-3" for us. I wish we'd get 5"+ of snow!
Old 12-18-2009, 07:03 AM   #9
"Mark It Zero"
Agent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by agtaco View Post
That's a storm 5 inches ROFL

Yea I know.... In DC it is....

Thankfully I am from North Dakota and spend considerable time in Upstate NY as a teen...
Old 12-18-2009, 07:35 AM   #11
mjp2 is living vicariously through me.
martie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: smartie pants
martie's Tacoma Gallery
The forecast for us is a foot of snow... here's hoping!
Old 12-18-2009, 07:41 AM   #12
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Thank god I don't need crutches anymore. I would be stranded!! I can only hope to get a shit load of snow, haven't had the Taco in snow yet.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:45 AM   #13
Foster9091 is a name known to allFoster9091 is a name known to allFoster9091 is a name known to allFoster9091 is a name known to allFoster9091 is a name known to allFoster9091 is a name known to all

Foster9091's Tacoma Gallery
I am so excited!!!
Old 12-18-2009, 07:45 AM   #14
snjkid372 is on a distinguished road
snjkid372's Tacoma Gallery
they are saying around 6-12 inches for my area
Old 12-18-2009, 07:49 AM   #15
If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!
Mark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LCDR Mustang (Ret) - 30 yrs - Submarine and Target Service
Name: Mark
Mark C.'s Tacoma Gallery
Coastal CT as well..........

Winter storm watch in effect from Saturday morning through sunday morning,
The NWS in upton has issued a winter storm watch, which is in effect from Saturday morning through Sunday morning.
Deepening low pressure over the atlantic Saturday and Saturday night will result in the potential for a period of heavy snow and gusty winds across region. Snowfall accumulations of 5 to 10 inches with wind gusts of up to 35 mph are possible. The greatest potential for heavy snow and gusty winds will be along the coast and in the New York city metropolitan area.
It is important to note that the exact track of this system is still uncertain. A glancing blow with less snow and lighter winds remains a possibility.
Precautionary/preparedness actions,
A winter storm watch means there is a potential for significant snow, sleet, or ice accumulations that may impact travel. Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:04 AM   #16
BWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of lightBWro is a glorious beacon of light
BWro's Tacoma Gallery
10-12 inches forecasted for Philly and surroundings. This sux, this is my weekend to work too 7am to 7pm
Old 12-18-2009, 08:13 AM   #17
Baja bound
619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Call me Rocco
619Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
You guys have some wacked out weatherman then... Our Weathermen here in San Diego usually get it right...

"Today's forecast for the greater San Diego county is 73°
Sunny & not a cloud in the sky"

Just giving you guys a hard time... I could not live somewhere where it snows. I like visiting but it's just very inconvenient to live in that weather. Best of luck to you guys though.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:02 AM   #18
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Balt CH 11 brought the weather blond in this morning and put the brunet back out in the cold. LOL I dont know what happed to the weather guy that has been on in the early am. CH 11 made sure that the blond was not going to get cold outside.

She thinks it will snow. I need to get my Tacoma back together tomorrow. The interior mods have just drug on to two weeks now. Last weekend was all about the family so very little time to work on the Tacoma.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:15 AM   #19
Blue Ten is a glorious beacon of lightBlue Ten is a glorious beacon of lightBlue Ten is a glorious beacon of lightBlue Ten is a glorious beacon of lightBlue Ten is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Gregg
Blue Ten's Tacoma Gallery
We've already got about 5 or 6 inches here and it's not supposed to let up until Sunday... Most snow I've seen in a long time.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:16 AM   #20
"Mark It Zero"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Ten View Post
We've already got about 5 or 6 inches here and it's not supposed to let up until Sunday... Most snow I've seen in a long time.

Sweeeeet!!