1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New nj motor vehicle law

Discussion in 'North East' started by george3, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Mar 20, 2010 at 12:29 PM
    09BlkSport

09BlkSport Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    S. Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2009 Black TRD Sport Double Cab
    Front Bilstein 5100's, rear 1" block, Westin Black bull bar, 18% tint all the way around, TRD CAI, (Black Go Rhino Dominator II nerf bars on the way)
    More NJ state troopers have gotten killed by motor vehicle stops then any other cause because idiots don't move over to the other lane, so im glad they passed it.

2. Mar 20, 2010 at 4:36 PM
    colinb17

colinb17 If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    first, i've always moved over, even before the law was created.
    i believe the law was put in place so that dumb people would think to move over because they might get a ticket. it doesn't really matter why they move over, just that they do. what irritated me the most was that it was never made known to the public on any scale (in most places). so instead of effectively informing people and seeing an improvement in safety (less tickets probably), they created the law, but did not get the word out very well, therefore people are still being dangerous (not moving over) and they jsut have to keep writing tickets.

they did do a good job in VA (or my county at least). i got multiple flyers in the mail thuroughly explaining the new law.

pretty much i'm just saying that i believe (only my opinion) that they should take the loss in tickets issued for the safety of officers and vehicles they have pulled over by widely announcing the new law. good example being that the member who started the thread just found out about this law, yet it has been around for, i believe, over a year.

3. Mar 21, 2010 at 6:49 AM
    JeffRock

JeffRock Well-Known Member

Member:
    Capital region, NY
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma accesscab 4x4 SR5 2.7L
    Toyota all weather floor mats. Mag light that clunks around in the jack compartment. Dog hair. Dog drool on the windows.
    Um.. I always pay attention, And always pull left, or slow down. be it break down, or police car.
    guess since i know how to pay attention while driving, and focusing on the task at hand i think the law should apply to everyone on the shoulder. not just civil servants who now the dangers of their job when they accept it. As opposed to a person on the shoulder who has no training, and is focused on changing their tire.

4. Mar 21, 2010 at 7:26 AM
    george3

george3 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2008 2.7 Manual Trans Tacoma
    Seat belt beeper, Cabelas (Weathertech) floor liner gray, Covercraft Seat Savers in Taupe, Protecta Heavy Duty Rubber Truck Bed Mat, Pop n Lock PL5200, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit, Wolverine oil pan heater, Scangauge2, afe pro dry s filter, Remote Underbody 4 Piece LED Light Kit (White) used as Bed light, DIY Washable Cabin Air Filter, PA15-TOY, 4x4 Illuminated Switch, full synthetic, Redline Tuning Hood Support, Smittybilt Nerf Steps black powder-coated
    I didn't expect this to get this much attention.[​IMG] I live in New Jersey and I can tell you the traffic is so heavy you can't pull over to the left most of the time even if you wanted to. If you slowed down to 20 mph someone doing 65 or 70 would hit you. I travel Rt 23 and 287 twice a day M-F. I asked the detective at work and he never heard of it. That was a few weeks ago when I first heard of it. That's why I wondered if it was real.

Products Discussed in

To Top