Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

MD-DC-VA Mod Day in June

Old 05-03-2010, 08:46 AM   #1
MDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kohler
MDBigRed's Tacoma Gallery
MD-DC-VA Mod Day in June

OK so I'm always seeing So-Cal and other regions have mod days on the forum, that's why I'm going to organize one! We've certainly had great wheeling trips to Rausch before but I think it would be nice to meet up at my house and just chill. I live in Rockville, MD which is a good location for both southern MD and northern MD guys to come meet up. I'm right by 270 and 495. I have a large driveway with a huge back yard and fully stocked garage. Also pool, big deck, and grill .

Saturday, JUNE 19th
Old 05-03-2010, 05:45 PM   #2
giddy up!
derekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 4C071
Name: Derek
derekp's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to derekp
I've been begging for folks to help do a timing belt change on my 1G. I live in Germantown. I'd love to meet a few other owners around the area.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:47 PM   #3
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
I will try and head up that way if the truck is not in pieces

Fabtech 6", Icon Coilovers, Alcans should be on the way in the next week

Justin
Old 05-03-2010, 06:03 PM   #4
That Guy
CaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CaptainFun's Tacoma Gallery
Terrific Idea! It would be nice to meet some of the people on the forum.

I'm in and I would be happy to bring some food to grill and some cold beverages to drink.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:07 PM   #5
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Great idea! I'm in vienna, so not far at all. let me know if i can bring anything (food, tools, etc.)
Old 05-04-2010, 08:58 AM   #7
MC1983 is on a distinguished road
Name: Mark
MC1983's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, this is exactly what I was looking for. I have my front/rear setup sitting in my living room but I am unable to do any work in my complex. I have all the necessary tools and can bring them with me if needed. I have never done a lift install, but have done most maintenance work on my previous cars.

I can also bring any food or drinks that might be needed. Maybe we should get a list going as the time gets closer.

Is this something that we have time to do at a mod day? If this would be too time consuming, anybody willing to help me out in exchange for food/beer?
Old 05-04-2010, 12:04 PM   #8
giddy up!
derekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

derekp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1983 View Post
Wow, this is exactly what I was looking for. I have my front/rear setup sitting in my living room but I am unable to do any work in my complex. I have all the necessary tools and can bring them with me if needed. I have never done a lift install, but have done most maintenance work on my previous cars.

I can also bring any food or drinks that might be needed. Maybe we should get a list going as the time gets closer.

Is this something that we have time to do at a mod day? If this would be too time consuming, anybody willing to help me out in exchange for food/beer?
I haven't done a lift install either, but have a garage. I wouldn't mind giving you a hand if you need it. If you can't wait until Jun, let me know. Maybe we can make it work before then. I know how it is to have the parts just staring at ya!
Old 05-04-2010, 12:08 PM   #9
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

what kind of lift? the average lift (front and rear)can be done in a few hours, so with lots or food/drink breaks, and the socialization acompanied by mod days, we should be able to get it done in a day no problem.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:15 PM   #10
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
hhmm...I have 885 springs coming..this might be a great time to get away to install them
Old 05-04-2010, 12:20 PM   #11

just need to make sure someone rents and brings a spring compressor.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:51 PM   #12
MC1983 is on a distinguished road
Name: Mark
MC1983's Tacoma Gallery
Yea, I know the lift install isn't too bad. I was just wondering if there are multiple people doing installs or time consuming mods, we would need to schedule accordingly to make sure we don't run out of tools/daylight/resources.

I have 885 springs already mounted on the ome nitro shocks, LR UCA, rear TSB leaf + AAL already installed on spring pack, and some rear shocks. For the most part, all of my stuff will be remove and replace. No real down time to install AAL or assemble shocks, etc.

Thanks for the offer Derek. I was starting to wonder about your timing belt, you never really updated your post or mentioned if it was still going down. I can give you a hand when needed as well. Maybe we can figure something out and get both done together if this mod day gets too crowded.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:03 PM   #13
MDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I'll get a list going soon, for mods and people coming! As far as lift install help, we should be able to install any lift that isn't a fabtech/procomp/RCD drop bracket lift in a day. Just remember things always take longer then expected I can fit 4 trucks in my driveway that can easily be worked on, then 2 in the garage, plus you can park on my yard / neighbor's driveway (house is empty)
Old 05-04-2010, 07:10 PM   #14
giddy up!

derekp's Tacoma Gallery
Put me down as extra hands, no mods for now. I am fighting an intermittent CEL. (P0420 and I think a P1135 unless that is a repeat from when I replaced the O2 and AFR sensors) The CEL might need new Cats to meet its demands...
Anyway, I'll be labor for this meet.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:52 PM   #15

^^^ me too, i won't have any mods i need help with in the near future, so i'll be another set of hands to help with anyone elses truck.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:53 PM   #16
wvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud of

Name: Dennis
wvmountaintop's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be interested in coming over for the mod day just to meet and greet and lend a hand if I could... I have a new lift on order but I wil be doing it ASAP after it comes in (hopefully before June)... I live in WV west of Winchester VA but I am in the DC area all the time... It would be nice to meet others who might want to plan some off-roading trips this summer... actually put all these mods to some use huh?
Old 05-09-2010, 07:11 PM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvmountaintop View Post
I'd be interested in coming over for the mod day just to meet and greet and lend a hand if I could... I have a new lift on order but I wil be doing it ASAP after it comes in (hopefully before June)... I live in WV west of Winchester VA but I am in the DC area all the time... It would be nice to meet others who might want to plan some off-roading trips this summer... actually put all these mods to some use huh?
I love goin out to winchester area, it's really nice country. Yeah for sure, come on over and do whatever you can. When i first bought my truck i had no idea i would spend this much time/money on it, i guess i can blame this great forum and myself for that Now it's very trail capable. You should check out the northeast region section on TW, there's a trip coming up memorial day weekend to Rausch Creek, PA.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:16 PM   #18
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Id be interested if I can find time, let's get a date up for planning
Old 05-09-2010, 07:41 PM   #19
wvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud of

Name: Dennis
wvmountaintop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDBigRed View Post
I love goin out to winchester area, it's really nice country. Yeah for sure, come on over and do whatever you can. When i first bought my truck i had no idea i would spend this much time/money on it, i guess i can blame this great forum and myself for that Now it's very trail capable. You should check out the northeast region section on TW, there's a trip coming up memorial day weekend to Rausch Creek, PA.
Please let me know when you finalize the mod day details and I will be there… My girlfriend lives in Mt Airy so I am not too far from your neck of the woods a lot of weekends. I will check out the northeast region section and hopefully get in on a trip soon… My lift components are all back ordered (ToyTecUltimate and Dakar springs) so they may not be here and installed by Memorial Day and I am usually in DC for Rolling Thunder then anyhow… But soon… Where do you do wheeling? TW and all the mod ideas can get addicting huh?
Old 05-12-2010, 05:38 PM   #20
foxracinfor20 has a spectacular aura aboutfoxracinfor20 has a spectacular aura aboutfoxracinfor20 has a spectacular aura about
Marines: mals 13 airframes
Name: doug
foxracinfor20's Tacoma Gallery
i will be needing to unmod my truck as soon as i can get a notther set of wheels and tires since i thinking about trading in soon. so i will have a set of 2.5 sway away front and rear set of tc upper control arms ,aal and block and possibly wheels and tires. so i hope i can find a set of wheels and tires to put back on my truck b4 the date of the mod day.