Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North East

Notices

Vermonters?

Old 01-17-2014, 02:40 AM   #262
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 186000mps View Post

snow sux

Yup but plans are plans
I just hit the last 2 storms of 16"
So gotta take the good with the bad
The alcohol is still cold
Old 01-21-2014, 10:06 AM   #263
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
Yup but plans are plans
I just hit the last 2 storms of 16"
So gotta take the good with the bad
The alcohol is still cold
I think you'll be set up for success.
Was south of Rutland yesterday and it was snowing pretty good.
Cold enough to make snow
Have fun!
Old 01-21-2014, 10:10 AM   #264
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlybear View Post
Hi all,

I live in NY (Hudson valley) but plan on doing some exploring into VT this spring. Not trying to do any over landing kind of stuff just simple weekend camping trips with the lady. She's actually from rutland but doesn't seem to know of any cool places to explore

I wouldn't mind a little light off roading to reach some cool spots but with the prerunner I don't want to be having to get stuck ha. (Do have 265/75 AT tires tho).

Any suggestions?

Thanks to all you Vermonters. I'm from NC but can honestly say every time I go to VT to see the in laws I am always in aw.
Where are you planning to go? Around Rutland? There are lots of places that will fit the bill all over the state. There is an online map of all class 4 roads & some guys on here who camp more southern vt who may chime in.

I grew up in Rutland too but now live north by Lake Champlain. I spend a lot of time in the Northeast Kingdom over by the NH border. It is an outdoor paradise but plenty of other places all over the state. Have fun. Keep posting someone will chime in for ya
Old 01-22-2014, 02:11 PM   #265
if you ain't first, you're last!
tim2010 is on a distinguished road

Name: TimO
tim2010's Tacoma Gallery
What a winter!

After posting last time, during our 3rd thaw of the winter and nights above 40*. We are now getting a second blast of that damn polar vortex. As a snow maker we usually only get off of work during the warm nights, but this week we off of work because the night-time BASE temps hare hanging around -17* if you factor in wind chill you were looking at -24* in the base. (Personally, I'd rather not work in that kind of weather no matter how much fun it is to make snow)

Lucky for us we finally got a little fresh snow a few days back. If you are brave enough to handle the cold there is snow waiting to be found. Now we are looking towards this weekend in hopes of a little more snow.

Anyone out there ice climb? It has to be one of the better winters for it in the past few years.

Happy Riding Everyone.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:58 PM   #266
jlm02a3094 is on a distinguished road
jlm02a3094's Tacoma Gallery
Hello,

Just wanted to stop in and say hello to my fellow Vermonters. I'm in Essex Junction and I just bought my first Tacoma; a 2014 SR5 Access Cab.

Thanks
Joshua
Old 02-04-2014, 02:11 PM   #267
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlm02a3094 View Post
Hello,

Just wanted to stop in and say hello to my fellow Vermonters. I'm in Essex Junction and I just bought my first Tacoma; a 2014 SR5 Access Cab.

Thanks
Joshua
Old 02-06-2014, 08:04 AM   #268
'Yotas Til Death
MikeD VT is on a distinguished road

Name: MikeD
MikeD VT's Tacoma Gallery
FINALLY got a decent snow storm! Smuggs was awesome yesterday afternoon. 8-10" of fluff!
Old 02-07-2014, 03:29 AM   #269
Demanufacturer
Archimedes will become famous soon enoughArchimedes will become famous soon enough

Archimedes's Tacoma Gallery
Greetings all. So, does anybody have any opinion on the Burlington Subaru dealer? Good-Bad. We will probably be replacing the girlfriend's vehicle this spring and she's leaning towards a Suby. I would end up doing the oil /fluid changes and most other work that comes along, so their regular visit "goodness" is not that big a deal for the normal maintenance.

More concerned with, are they b*tches at all during a sale or rough with any warranty work that may happen. If so, any other reasonably distanced dealers to recommend? We're a bit northeast of Burlington, so it would be the easiest one but would definitely go somewhere for at least the good sale.

Thanks!
Arc'
Old 02-07-2014, 09:43 AM   #270

tim2010's Tacoma Gallery
snow!

12-14 inches deep in the secret spots of Bolton Valley's woods.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:02 AM   #271
VermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud of
Name: Devin
VermonterLost's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post
Greetings all. So, does anybody have any opinion on the Burlington Subaru dealer? Good-Bad. We will probably be replacing the girlfriend's vehicle this spring and she's leaning towards a Suby. I would end up doing the oil /fluid changes and most other work that comes along, so their regular visit "goodness" is not that big a deal for the normal maintenance.

More concerned with, are they b*tches at all during a sale or rough with any warranty work that may happen. If so, any other reasonably distanced dealers to recommend? We're a bit northeast of Burlington, so it would be the easiest one but would definitely go somewhere for at least the good sale.

Thanks!
Arc'

My sister just bought a new forester from them a few months ago. I'll try and get ahold of her see how they were to deal with. She seemed pretty happy with them when she got it, didn't seem to have any complaints.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:02 PM   #272
VermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud of
Name: Devin
VermonterLost's Tacoma Gallery
Archimedes, PM sent about the dealership.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:53 PM   #273
NoRemorse is on a distinguished road

Name: James
NoRemorse's Tacoma Gallery
Can any of you guys recommend a good but reasonable lift installer in the greater Burlington area? Looking at doing the RCD 4.5" drop bracket lift which is quiet a bit more involved than your standard 3" coilover/spacer lift.
Not necessarily looking for the cheapest person, but def want it done right the first time around.

thanks in advance, & rock on Tacoma brothers lol
Old 02-25-2014, 06:37 AM   #274

tim2010's Tacoma Gallery
I know the guys at the 4x4 center do good work, but you pay a premium for that work too. (I know they do good work because I know the guys that run the 4x4 driving course. They run out of the timberline side of Bolton Valley and see all their rigs drive the mountain fall and winter)
Old 02-25-2014, 12:27 PM   #275
vtwoodchuck is on a distinguished road

vtwoodchuck's Tacoma Gallery
Yes plus one on 4x4 center. I use to work there and still do every now and then. 802 864 8565/ 63 Ethan Allen drive south burlington. They specialize in Rovers but they do a tone of tacomas and jeeps.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:31 PM   #276
Tacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud of

Army: 14J, 3rd ID
Name: Kessler
Tacoma VT's Tacoma Gallery
I didnt know this thread existed. Does anyone know of a less expensive shop to do a suspension lift? I called the 4x4 center, they quoted $900
Old 02-25-2014, 03:55 PM   #277

Thanks guys for the referral, I was thinking of stopping by there.
I stopped by Baileys spring chassis in Essex, mainly cause I work in Essex and could swing in there on my lunch break. I got a little sticker shock on that one lol. They wouldn't give a set quote but rather said it could take 8-16hrs @70hr. I wasn't crazy about just getting a unknown bill at the end.
I def would prefer knowing the cost up front. Any rate I'll keep you guys posted when I figure it all out.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:17 PM   #278
Jeffch is on a distinguished road

Name: Jeff
Jeffch's Tacoma Gallery
I had talked to J&l auto in St. Albans they did a lift in my future son in laws jeep the quote was off I believe it cost more but I am thinking he had more done than what was quoted.
Anyway I called about installing Billie 5100 adjustable to level the front I think they were at 400 to do the spring swap and install after I bought my own parts so about 600 total.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:16 PM   #279

Looks like it won't be long now til lift install. I have been bartering out some enduro car letting for a buddy for the lift install. I went with the RCD 4.5' lift.
It's a drop bracket lift so it's a bit more labor involved then your standard 2-3' lift. Hence the high install prices I was getting. If all goes well it will be getting installed next weekend.