1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

off road shop in the Philly area?

Discussion in 'North East' started by muddin, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Aug 26, 2010 at 11:50 AM
    muddin

muddin [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC TRD OR
    Bilstein 5100's on all four with some OME 885x's. Brute Force Fab front bumper. Warn winch. Koenig countersteers wrapped with duratracs.
    Hey guys im toying with the idea of getting the procomp 6 inch lift, while i would love to do it myself being in school and working i would never find the time to start and finish it. Does anyone know of some reputable shops around the Philadelphia or surrounding areas that do lift installs???

there is one on street road (street road truck accessories) or something like that and they wanna charge and arm, and 2 legs for it.

any help would be sweet!

2. Aug 26, 2010 at 1:18 PM
    zombiekiller

zombiekiller Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dela-where?
    Vehicle:
    '10 doublecab trd
    auto and truck outfitters on the pa/de border. camper bob's in mt holly, nj .
    i know a & t outfitters is 65 an hour. don't know about camper bob's

3. Aug 26, 2010 at 1:25 PM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    www.applehill4x4.com

If you talk to bcgrednek3006 (Fred) he may even be able to get you a discount.

4. Aug 26, 2010 at 1:33 PM
    Rtrn2taco

Rtrn2taco Nostalgia...

Member:
    Philadelphia
    Vehicle:
    08 DC PreRunner (silver)
    K&M Speed and Truck in Levittown. Don't know much about them but I guess its worth getting a price.

5. Aug 26, 2010 at 6:25 PM
    muddin

muddin [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC TRD OR
    Bilstein 5100's on all four with some OME 885x's. Brute Force Fab front bumper. Warn winch. Koenig countersteers wrapped with duratracs.
    ok sweet deal thanks for the suggestions...il be checking them out for sure and when im ready il let you guys know how it goes

6. Jul 26, 2012 at 8:19 AM
    angdefeo

angdefeo Well-Known Member

Member:
    I want to revive this thread. The last comment here was in 2010. Are there any shops in Southeastern, PA or Southern New Jersey which specialize in trucks, suspension, lifts etc other than the shops mentioned above?

7. Jul 27, 2012 at 9:35 PM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more

What are you looking to get done?

8. Jul 27, 2012 at 9:41 PM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    ok auto 4wd in new jersey pretty nice place although they did instal my lr uca's backwards twice lol

9. Jul 29, 2012 at 8:35 AM
    angdefeo

Member:
    I would like shop that could offer me advice in the best route to take in modifying the trucks suspension, upgrading engine performance and being able to do the work. If I can compare it to anything I would say a tuner shop for trucks.

10. Jul 29, 2012 at 8:36 AM
    angdefeo

Member:
    That almost sounds like a reason to avoid that shop.

11. Jul 29, 2012 at 7:51 PM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    As far as specializing in Tacoma trucks for tuning purposes, Newark Toyota World in Newark,DE is pretty good. If you want to find the best route for your truck, do your own research, don't let a salesman tell you what you want. All they want is your money. What kind of suspension upgrade are you looking to do? There are so many different routes, and you have to figure out if this is going to be something you are going to offroad heavy, or just a few times a year, and how much of a daily driver it will be, and of course your budget. As far as engine performance goes, installing headers, cat back exhaust, intake, maf cal, will all together give you a light to moderate gain in performance and give you a muscely sound. The biggest performance upgrade is going to be the super charger, but with that, you are looking to drop $5k.

I would have to agree there.

12. Jul 29, 2012 at 8:01 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    There is a good shop in West Chester Called Main Line Overland
    http://www.mainlineoverland.com/
    I've met & spoke with the owners.
    IMO most suspension mods can be done on your own though...
    Come to a local meet & read up here on the forum & you'll learn a lot!
    :thumbsup:

13. Jul 29, 2012 at 8:08 PM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    it happens more than you think. yes its tarded but, the guys made it right for me and gave me a sweet deal on a warn winch and a ton of recovery gear.

i just mentioned it cause they have been around for a very long time iirc 1978 or so and the guys are all nice the shop is high tech and they frequently work on high end and unique trucks.

for example last summer when i was there waiting for some work to get done i caught this old land rover what ever the fuck it is in the parking lot :D they even had an icon but, at the time i didn't have my cell to take a picture :(

IMAG0490.jpg
    IMAG0491.jpg
    IMAG0492.jpg

14. Jul 29, 2012 at 8:25 PM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    Sounds like someone needs to put together a meet n greet, for SE PA. Labor Day weekend?

15. Jul 30, 2012 at 5:42 AM
    angdefeo

Member:
    I know the guys at Mainline Overland very well. They are very knowledgeable about everything automotive. I need to reach out to them very soon.

Products Discussed in

To Top