1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Shops in up-state NY

Discussion in 'North East' started by MTNmann, May 21, 2011.

1. May 21, 2011 at 3:44 PM
    MTNmann

MTNmann [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vail, CO
    Vehicle:
    2011 Toyota Tacoma, DBL Cab, TRD Offroad
    6" Pro Comp Lift 325/65R18 Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T Roll-n-Lock bed cover Custom rack tinted windows weather tech vent visors and rock guard black grill surround devil horns mag light mod tailgate theft mod
    Hey everyone! I just bought a new Taco and am dying to get a lift on it. I live up in Watertown NY and dont really know of any good shops to get a lift from. Everyone around here wants to put spacers on the truck, and that is not what im looking for. I dont mind driving around if that means I can get some good work done. Anything helps.

Also, I have been looking for some trails to get my tires dirty on. Any suggestions around this area. Thanks

2. May 22, 2011 at 11:23 AM
    hard2kill

hard2kill Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Rhinebeck NY
    Vehicle:
    06 4door trd sport white 6spd
    ...315's,2in bora wheel spacers,safari snorkel,wheel spacers,bruteforcefab rear bumper and sliders,afe filter,hi-lift jack,5100 with OME 886 & 1/2in spacer,allpro expo's,icon 10in rear shox,flip kit,ss brake lines,cobra cb,fog light mod,yellow fogs,weathertech mats,fullsize spare tire and extra sport rim,tinted windows,aeroturbine 2525 muffler dumped over axle...rear diff breather mod...removed factory spare...removed 2nd air filter...THULE roof rack and fairing....bud builts front to back,allpoo front bumper,BAMF lca skids,overland Offroad roof and bed racks,
    mapquest red hook ny 12571...if thats not too far ill send you too a good friend of mine....he been buliding trucks an cars since he could walk...awsome guy...he'll take god care of you let me know if your interested..pm me

3. Jun 1, 2011 at 5:21 PM
    virgilus11

virgilus11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    kearny, nj
    Vehicle:
    09 sr5
    TRD supercharger,EMU 884 springs, 90000 shocks, air bags rear and TSB with EMU shocks, grillcraft mesh, Relentless front bumper,Armology rear bumper, byxenon hid's retro ,undercover lid with bike rack on top, Kenwood dnx9140,TRD cover seats
    I don't know if a shop is the right place to buy a lift from. At list not a shop from Upstate NY. The fact that they suggest you to install spacers,,, prove that - they don't know what the hell they are talking.
    Try to use the net, Toytec, Whellers , TRDparts4u, these are few stores that are also sponsors here. They will get you a better deals then any locals shop.
    When is about installing,,, there is no science there. Any decent mechanic can do it in one day, front and rear. Most of the kits are coming with decent installation info. All is left is a good alignment.

Good luck

Ps. stay away from any kits with exposed shafts. Salt and sand will destroy it. Don't ask how I found out.

Products Discussed in

To Top