Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   North East (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/north-east/)
-   -   LONG ISLAND.... Can we get a meet going?! (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/north-east/274983-long-island-can-we-get-meet-going.html)

Backpack Guy 04-25-2013 05:50 PM

LONG ISLAND.... Can we get a meet going?!
 
Hello Tacoma World!

I know there is a handfull of us from Long Island or the area. Who is interested in a meet??

I know I am!

Maybe Captree State Park? or OBI? or you tell me what is good for you!

Phil5393 04-25-2013 05:52 PM

I'm interested I just got my Tacoma 2 weeks ago. Captree sounds good

Backpack Guy 04-25-2013 06:38 PM

Excellent, we just need a date and time

... And more Long Islanders would be great!

when is good for you? I work weekdays most of the day...

Phil5393 04-26-2013 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backpack Guy (Post 6799171)
Excellent, we just need a date and time

... And more Long Islanders would be great!

when is good for you? I work weekdays most of the day...

Yeah a weekend would be better but first we need to get more people

beachingtaco 04-26-2013 04:24 AM

i'd be in for a meet, weekends definetley...

cooj 04-26-2013 11:11 PM

definitely interested in a meet, ill be home the 16th of may

brutalguyracing 04-27-2013 10:18 AM

stickers and myself will be at the beach tomorrow having a bbq, and drinks...all are welcome.....
beach will be sore thumb
nys permit required
on that note last 3 days to buy them

Phil5393 04-27-2013 08:52 PM

There is a big car meet at Nickerson beach tomorrow starts at 11 am

beachingtaco 04-27-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brutalguyracing (Post 6806549)
stickers and myself will be at the beach tomorrow having a bbq, and drinks...all are welcome.....
beach will be sore thumb
nys permit required
on that note last 3 days to buy them

Where do you get the state pass from?, and what do you need?? I usually get the county pass but smith point outer beach might not even be open this year...so i might as well get the state pass. i'll get it tomorrow.

stickers 04-27-2013 11:32 PM

this is ever thing u need to know


Available: January 1 - April 30 and Tuesday after Labor Day to December 31 at:

1. Robert Moses State Park , 631-669-0470, - office closed to May 2013.

2. Montauk Downs State Park, 631-668-500

3. Long Island State Park Headquarters Permit Department,
West Babylon,,631-321-3515 - business hours
take Southern Pkwy to exit 37N - Belmont Ave., first building (white) on right.

BEACH VEHICLE FISHING PERMIT (New York State Parks)
PERMIT VALID FOR 4-WHEEL DRIVE VEHICLES ONLY
Annual Fee: $ 65.00 (Year 2013)

brutalguyracing 04-28-2013 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil5393 (Post 6808425)
There is a big car meet at Nickerson beach tomorrow starts at 11 am

Dam that 5 minutes from me house

brutalguyracing 04-28-2013 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beachingtaco (Post 6808461)
Where do you get the state pass from?, and what do you need?? I usually get the county pass but smith point outer beach might not even be open this year...so i might as well get the state pass. i'll get it tomorrow.

You need $65 and a 4x4 registration
I think belmont state park is open tomm

belone12 04-28-2013 04:19 AM

In the past I've only gotten the empire passport for the parks. Is there a deal for both that and the beach pass or is it $130 for both no matter what?

brutalguyracing 04-28-2013 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belone12 (Post 6809111)
In the past I've only gotten the empire passport for the parks. Is there a deal for both that and the beach pass or is it $130 for both no matter what?

idk
i got my empire passport for like $35 a few months ago when they had it on sale
never had one before....
but figured for the price i had too
and the state permit is $65 for gilgo "if they ever open it", the thumb, demo,hither hills, montauk, and some others
plus all the night fishing spots.....

beachingtaco 04-28-2013 06:46 AM

awesome, i thought it was april 1st for the state permits. Thanks guys

brutalguyracing 04-28-2013 06:53 AM

you coming out to see us today or what ^^^^

beachingtaco 04-28-2013 07:00 AM

sorry, running around and a birthday party today today but def will in the future!

belone12 04-28-2013 02:12 PM

Good point. So you don need he empire if you're just parking on he beach. Makes sense. I know stickers put up the info but is there a website? I will meet y'all in may/June

brutalguyracing 04-28-2013 03:51 PM

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/d...livenRrH6f.jpg

CVAC085 04-28-2013 06:03 PM

I'm down for a meet and/or off-road venture as well. Got my pass a few weeks ago and itching to get out on the beach.

Also, found out from my cousin's earlier today, as they inquired about getting their off road Suffolk county pass, they were told that Smith Point (beach) will not be open until possibly August or September at the earliest. Other parts for the vacation trailers and fishing areas of it will be open for the season.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:33 PM.