1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Greater Hartford/Springfield Dealers

Discussion in 'North East' started by burnout524, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Feb 15, 2014 at 6:19 AM
    burnout524

burnout524 [OP] Member

Member:
    Hi all,

Later this year, I'm looking to replace my 2004 Ranger (great little truck, but won't accommodate my growing family!). I'm going back and forth between a new F-150 SuperCrew (both my family and my in-laws are Ford Truck families) or a new Tacoma DC (love the size and dependability). Lately, I've been leaning towards the Tacoma since I want something that is reliable and I don't need a full-size truck on a daily basis, although it would certainly come in handy hauling firewood and topsoil/mulch every year.

Anyway, I'm located in North-Central CT - can anyone recommend a dealer in the Greater Hartford/Springfield area that treats their customers well and, more importantly can offer a great deal? My parents almost pulled the trigger on a Venza a few years ago, but after an awful experience at Gale Toyota, they ended up with a Honda Accord. :rolleyes: Needless to say, I'm not going to want to work with them when I decide to shop the Taco.

I've been playing around and it looks like new inventory is pretty thin, at least for what I'm looking for (seems like a lot of AC's around), so I don't mind a drive if I can get what I want at a good price.

Thanks all for any advice!

2. Feb 15, 2014 at 6:28 AM
    theredofshaw

theredofshaw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Somewhere on the East coast
    Vehicle:
    not a taco (guess that means I can be a MOD now)
    (totaled) 2011 Tacoma DC
  3. Feb 15, 2014 at 8:23 AM
    vssman

vssman Rocket Engineer

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Naugatuck, CT
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 double cab
    Here's how I bought mine - I bought a price index from consumer's reports with all of the options I wanted. I think it was $14.00. It listed a couple of dealers that would honor the price. I got mine from another local dealer in Watertown that met the price too. I also used True Car for pricing and the were a few hundred higher than Consumer's Reports. Honestly I don't think I would have gotten a better deal on my own and it was nice not having to haggle a lot. I did not pay for the window etching, etc that was already typed on the purchase order. That was the only stuff I had to negotiate. Are you a member of Costco? They have the same type of program. At least it gives you an idea if you're getting a decent deal. A brother in law is a car salesman and thought I got a decent deal. He suggested going to Hoffman's or driving to Boston to go to Boch because I was looking for a DCSB 6sp SR5. I just ordered it instead.

4. Feb 16, 2014 at 10:29 AM
    Suffield Miller

Suffield Miller If your not driving a Tacoma...WHY?

Member:
    First Name:
    Miller
    just outside The Notch
    Vehicle:
    SR5 V6, 6spd manual, 4WD, DBL Cab spruce mica
    Tow package, alloys...straight up Tacoma
    I researched and communicated with W.Springfield down to Midddletown. 6 or 7 total.

Bought my 1st TRD Tacoma from Gale. My truck was a 2000, they haven't renovated their showroom or the stained ceiling tiles since!
    I thought i would give them a shot at my new double cab but their truck expert knew less than my 4 year old!

Went to Hoffman last Sat. Ordered it. Should get delivery by march 20!

I went with the double cab due to my two boys! I also considered the F150 double cab but could not ignore my love and devotion to my Tacoma...also I just could not justify the cost vs. Dependability and plain huge size in my driveway.
    C'mon really!? To haul the family and occasional load for the yard etc... I may live in and around tobacco country but haven't worked the fields in a long while.

I just had Toyota buy back my ext cab TRD due to frame rust corrosion.

5. Feb 16, 2014 at 10:44 AM
    Suffield Miller

Suffield Miller If your not driving a Tacoma...WHY?

Member:
    First Name:
    Miller
    just outside The Notch
    Vehicle:
    SR5 V6, 6spd manual, 4WD, DBL Cab spruce mica
    Tow package, alloys...straight up Tacoma
    :D

Products Discussed in

To Top