1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone close to this address in Brooklyn, NY??

Discussion in 'North East' started by rellik, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Mar 1, 2014 at 6:28 PM
    rellik

rellik [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rellik
    hammonton nj
    1113 Neptune Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11224, United States

I'm 2hra away and was wondering if anyone was close enough to this address to check out this tacoma for me.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/cto/4351575786.html would pay someone like $25 if I winded up coming it there to see/buy it

2. Mar 2, 2014 at 5:21 AM
    jdkilroy

jdkilroy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    '02 4x4 SR5 Access Cab
    If you are at all interested, I would find a way to get there and look at it ASAP. Looks very clean and that's not a bad price at all.

My worry would be the underside; how is the rust?

3. Mar 2, 2014 at 6:33 AM
    Tinmann

Tinmann Well-Known Member

Member:
    NorCal
    OP, its difficult to tell from the photos, but that truck looks like its been resprayed. I can't tell if the paint is an opaque or if its the radiant red metallic paint which would be correct. What raises the flag for me is the pic with the hood raised. It appears that the paint is faded and not the same color as the exterior. Perhaps I'm mistaken but something to look out for.

Also, you or someone else should check and make sure that each body panel has its NTSHA label which will have the V.I.N on it. If not, that body panel has been replaced for a reason.

That price seems to be very good for that mileage, let's hope its not to good to be true.

I don't have a TRD so I'm claiming ignorance, but, when did they paint the front and rear bumpers to match the rest of the vehicle, or did they?

4. Mar 2, 2014 at 6:39 AM
    rellik

Member:
    First Name:
    Rellik
    hammonton nj
    i was talking to the guy last night and every time i asked dose it have any accidents, is there a car fax, he kept saying i "think" " i think so" to all my questions so the deal seams kind of fishy. that nice of a truck for under 10k and the guy could not give me a straight answer about alot of my questions has me really hesitant to drive 2hrs to Brooklyn ny to look at it. not to mention he would not even drive 10min just outside of ny to show the truck to me i had to come to him. just something seamed odd. :duel:

5. Mar 2, 2014 at 6:58 AM
    jdkilroy

jdkilroy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    '02 4x4 SR5 Access Cab

The paint inside my engine bay has the same faded appearance. I'm guessing those areas did not get the same paint treatment as the exterior.

Some packages included color-matched bumpers and grille.

6. Mar 2, 2014 at 7:54 AM
    Tinmann

Tinmann Well-Known Member

Member:
    NorCal
    JD, thanks for the info, I know the engine compartment doesn't get clear coated, so perhaps that explains the faded apearance. I knew about color matching grills and fender flares, but didn't know about color matching bumpers. You'd think the color matching package would've included that grill. I suppose it could've been changed out over the years. Thanks again for the education. :)

7. Mar 2, 2014 at 8:07 AM
    File IFR

File IFR "... Intercepting The Localizer"

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Central MA
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM 4X4 DC-LB TRD Sport
    The truck doesn't have plates on it, so I think it may not be registered and that is why he will not drive it 10 minutes to meet you.

Ask for the VIN and look up the history on CarFax.

8. Mar 2, 2014 at 8:13 AM
    Tacoma Mike

Tacoma Mike 48 Year Chrysler/Toyota/ASE/ Master Tech.RETIRED

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab V6 1995 Bass Tracker
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin) Rear Diff Mod, Taco Lean Mod, 2WD Low ECU.
    It's a 02 and in NY.
    IT HAS UNDERBODY RUST.
    It just depends on how bad it is......
    You need to see it yourself to make that decision. Bring a screwdriver with you.
    Looks like a used car lot.....

9. Mar 2, 2014 at 8:16 AM
    tedstrat

tedstrat Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Long Island NY
    Vehicle:
    Coming soon
    Op, one important thought.....I'm on Long Island (Brooklyn part of) - Superstorm Sandy swamped many tens of thousands of cars in salt water. Be careful - Brooklyn was hit hard and unless its reputable dealer with car fax I would be Leary buying any cars in this area for quite sometime.. It looks sweet but I agree with t he other posts - this was likely repainted. Get it professionally checked out

10. Mar 2, 2014 at 8:20 AM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    yup.

Ten bucks says Sandy took that poor taco for a midnight swim. :(

11. Mar 2, 2014 at 10:12 AM
    rellik

Member:
    First Name:
    Rellik
    hammonton nj
    Yes certain packages have the pained bumpers. I'm just letting this one pass by. There is to many sings throwing a flag. Being all the rusted frames that come through the shop on a daily bases, I will be bringing a hammer and sewer driver (not to damage the frame but for light taps) along with a small mirror to check the too of the rails and by the tank where it hugs the frame and is hard to see. That's where I found my hole after looking around the tank really close.

This guy buys and sells cars as a business so he has a used car dealer tag. He just sounded like he wasn't interested in any assistance with the truck, come to me or don't. Which is fine with me but I'll pass on the truck.

Thanx everyone!! I love this website

12. Mar 2, 2014 at 10:35 PM
    Zer0

Zer0 Well-Known Member

Member:
    SGV, California
    Vehicle:
    99 PreRunner
    In pic 3, looks likes theres a dent right above the taillight

Products Discussed in

To Top