Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

the next Montana TW meet - August 2010 anyone?

Old 06-30-2010, 11:07 AM   #1
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
the next Montana TW meet - August 2010 anyone?

Let's start gathering ideas of where and when everyone would like to get together this time around.

UPDATE:

Here's where we stand for who and when so far. And it looks like we might be gathering in the Bozeman area if you care to know that too.

August 7/8

August 14/15

August 21/22

August 28/29

SupraT
MTgirl
Mondwa
grizzbear
Memario1214
MTTaco
MTYoter
rhys
Old 06-30-2010, 11:41 AM   #2
Tacoma Lover
SupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
SupraT's Tacoma Gallery
I am stiil willing to drive where ever, But I do know of all sorts of good Mountain roads around here. There is Jewel Basin, Desert MT Road, Ashley lake, Black tail trail, lots of beautiful scenery.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:27 AM   #3
MontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Colter
MontanaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Just went up hylight with mtyoter and found a pretty sweet trail. To bad there was two trees that were in our way.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:05 AM   #4
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaTaco View Post
Just went up hylight with mtyoter and found a pretty sweet trail. To bad there was two trees that were in our way.
Man, I miss Hyalite,,, and Bozeman. Ship me some dry air and a few mountains would you?
Old 07-01-2010, 11:26 AM   #5
Tacoma Lover
SupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SupraT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
Sorry for the jack MT, but I had to

From the looks of both your sigs it appears you guys might want to invest in some: snorkels, extra pulleys, extra starters, and some alternators.

WTF is going on up there? You guys got a sh*tload of water?

someones going to get f*cked then look like my truck

Sometimes I can't help having a little bit of fun no matter what I screw up. What happen to your truck? You get stuck in some deep water?
Old 07-01-2010, 12:02 PM   #6
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hyalite is good - just up there last week myself. Its all deadends though. I think I covered every inch of road off on the right past the first campground. Got good and muddy is all.

Quote:
Sorry for the jack MT, but I had to

From the looks of both your sigs it appears you guys might want to invest in some: snorkels, extra pulleys, extra starters, and some alternators.

WTF is going on up there? You guys got a sh*tload of water?

someones going to get f*cked then look like my truck
I think it looks worse than it was - the creek had a pretty solid bottom and wasn't really all that deep. We all just made one hell of a splash diving in, check out some more pics from the day in our other threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurkin View Post
Man, I miss Hyalite,,, and Bozeman. Ship me some dry air and a few mountains would you?
Another wayward Montanan? Where you from and why'd you leave?
Old 07-01-2010, 12:05 PM   #7

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
To many Taco's at a meet and my balls grew to big
I think that was the problem at our meet too - sorry guys!
Old 07-01-2010, 12:18 PM   #8
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
Another wayward Montanan? Where you from and why'd you leave?
Yes Maam, you are correct. For the most part I grew up in MT. Miles City until I was 24, then Bozeman until 30. Wife was born in Miles City, but was in Bozeman with me for the last few years before moving to TX.

Left to make some money..... Right decision, but still miss MT immensely. After getting used to Houston payrates and cost of living, not sure if we could move back and make it . Like everything in life, it's all a trade-off.

We still have a bit of familty left there, so we visit every once in a while. The Internet world is great for on-line newspapers, and regional forums on boards like this are also great for keeping track of what's happening.

Nice message trailer btw, nothing worse then a woman who knows what she's doing !!
Old 07-01-2010, 12:23 PM   #9

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
LMAO! Yours got to big hu? I'm calling BS.

Where are you guys/gals going - I'm down for a meet
I wasn't referring to myself...I gave up after two runs across the creek (the second time was only because there was no other way out!). The boys kept playing around for awhile after that.

Stayed tuned for time and location - looks like we'll have to give you some lead time to make the drive out here though!
Old 07-01-2010, 12:23 PM   #10
Tacoma Lover

SupraT's Tacoma Gallery
Don't be sorry I would have to agree and I can't say i won't do it again at the next meet!
Old 07-01-2010, 06:00 PM   #11
MontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to behold

Ok so we went again today and hit up some pretty sweet trails. We went up mosure and I have to say we found a trail that was the best I've been on. We cut our own way through a forest to bypass some huge rocks.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:27 PM   #12

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
If its going to be August I think I'm only tied up the weekend of the 14th-15th - other than that I'm free.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:12 PM   #13
Tacoma Lover

SupraT's Tacoma Gallery
I am free every weekend in August!
Old 07-04-2010, 04:38 PM   #14
Tacoma Lover

SupraT's Tacoma Gallery
Went up Jewell Basin road last night and this is what I found, didn't think I would find that much considering it is July.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:40 PM   #15

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraT View Post
Went up Jewell Basin road last night and this is what I found, didn't think I would find that much considering it is July.
Alright your pics top mine...you should post over here. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/toy...-have-any.html
Old 07-05-2010, 06:43 PM   #16

I think I saw you MTgirl. Were you driving up the bridger canyon towards the saddle?
Old 07-05-2010, 07:24 PM   #17

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I think I saw you MTgirl. Were you driving up the bridger canyon towards the saddle?
maybe...

I tried to get up to Fairy Lake - the 2nd gate is still locked due to "snow drifts". I walked a little way up and didn't see any snow. I was pissed. So I headed up Olsen Creek off to the east. I never knew there were so many roads over there, could have spent all day roaming around. Too bad its all marked private property...could have been a good spot for a meet I think.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:13 AM   #18

Oh that sucks....there is alot of area up there to get lost in and off road.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:37 PM   #19
Mondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
I think that was the problem at our meet too - sorry guys!
Yes my ego got big with all the yota power around

Quote:
Ok so we went again today and hit up some pretty sweet trails. We went up mosure and I have to say we found a trail that was the best I've been on. We cut our own way through a forest to bypass some huge rocks.
can we get a trail of yota's up there and back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraT View Post
FUCKER, you could of called me. I know you told me you were going but i never got a chance to come back on TW. bummer

But I am down for any weekend in Aug. Just let us know
Old 07-06-2010, 04:29 PM   #20
Tacoma Lover

SupraT's Tacoma Gallery
FUCKER, you could of called me. I know you told me you were going but i never got a chance to come back on TW. bummer

But I am down for any weekend in Aug. Just let us know[/quote]

Snooze you miss out sucker!