Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

4 wheeling in the tacoma area

Old 07-28-2010, 05:59 PM   #1
commander101
jason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant future

Army: 2-16in/ 2-3in
jason1kyle's Tacoma Gallery
4 wheeling in the tacoma area

Looking for some members to go 4wheeling with in the tacoma/ ft. lewis area. Just got back from iraq and wanna hit some mud and some trails. Anyone interested get a few members together and pick and place and a time.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:21 PM   #2
all.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

all.on.black's Tacoma Gallery
There's Elbe and Evans. I'd be up to going. Depending when and where.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:55 PM   #3
Modified Glamper Extraordinaire
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
You guys are very brave to be taking your 2nd gens into places like Elbe and Evens Creek. Those are some very tight trails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by all.on.black View Post
There's Elbe and Evans. I'd be up to going. Depending when and where.
I've seen pics of you wheeling with those guys from Oregon. Your truck looks pretty capable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason1kyle View Post
Looking for some members to go 4wheeling with in the tacoma/ ft. lewis area. Just got back from iraq and wanna hit some mud and some trails. Anyone interested get a few members together and pick and place and a time.
Are you a Prerunner or a 4x4? What kind of trails to you like to do?
Old 07-29-2010, 10:18 PM   #4
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
What he said.

Tahuya is a little more friendly for a stock rig. Tinkham is another option.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:09 PM   #5
all.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
I've seen pics of you wheeling with those guys from Oregon. Your truck looks pretty capable.
I got my 35" KM2's in the mail today. Woot! Elbe is pretty fun. It's not as tight as Evans though. Evans is where I got my first dent in the bed side. Since then I've added a few more dents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Chiken View Post
What he said.
Tahuya is a little more friendly for a stock rig. Tinkham is another option.
Tinkham is basically a forest road. There isn't much to wheel up there and the top is closed most of the year.

I haven't been to Tahuya yet so I'd be willing to try that out.

Are you the one with a roof top tent that starts with a "M" and a snorkel on an FJ? If so, I've seen you in Auburn on 15th st near the Lowes area.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:45 AM   #6
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I got my 35" KM2's in the mail today. Woot! Elbe is pretty fun. It's not as tight as Evans though. Evans is where I got my first dent in the bed side. Since then I've added a few more dents.
I will not go back to Elbe. Too much carnage in the past. I just about destroyed a 1st gen on the Busy Wild several years ago. Though I've heard its changed some in recent years. You definately need 35s and a short wheelbase for that trail.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:38 AM   #7

I've done every trail there except the Busy. I want to do a ride along first to see what it's like. I've heard some gnarly stuff about that trail.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:41 PM   #9
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:

Tinkham is basically a forest road. There isn't much to wheel up there and the top is closed most of the year.

I haven't been to Tahuya yet so I'd be willing to try that out.

Are you the one with a roof top tent that starts with a "M" and a snorkel on an FJ? If so, I've seen you in Auburn on 15th st near the Lowes area.
Nope. I traded in the FJ for a 4Runner. Plus I didn't have a tent or snorkel on the FJ.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:08 PM   #10

Quote:
I've done every trail there except the Busy. I want to do a ride along first to see what it's like. I've heard some gnarly stuff about that trail.
Here is a link I found that has some very accurate pics of the busy wild.

http://jbjeep.terahex.com/elbehills05/index.html

I think this is my Fav..........
Old 07-31-2010, 04:23 PM   #11
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Tahuya
Reiter
Greenwater

haven't been to any of those, but that's where I would start research
Old 07-31-2010, 04:37 PM   #12
The TW 1%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenmunga View Post
Tahuya
Reiter
Greenwater

haven't been to any of those, but that's where I would start research
Reiter is closed at this time to all except foot traffic.

Reiter used to be a fun place to go and wheel, lots of varied trails to suit everybody. It was supposed to reopen this year but it doesn't look like it will anytime soon.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:55 PM   #13

Anyone want to set up a meet?
Old 07-31-2010, 10:45 PM   #15

Have not done Naches. Been wanting to and will this year. I can do August.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:07 PM   #17
commander101
jason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant future

Thanks for all the responses. I have a 4x4 with a 3" lift and was gonna get 285/70/17 duratracs on soon b ut just ran into some financial problems so some of my tire money went to grocery money. I just have the stock treds on right now which are goin bald so hopefully by the end of the month i will have my new tires on and be good to go. I like trails that have mud and steap hills to climb. I'm definately down for meeting up depending on when and where. I dont know any trails around here other than ft. lewis. The 14th should work fine for me. But i may still have my stock tires on.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:45 PM   #18
tr0gd0r is on a distinguished road
tr0gd0r's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tr0gd0r
If you guys are still planning this and are going to Tahuya, I'd be down. That one is the closest to me and I have a stock rig so its probably the best choice for my truck. If you are going there let me know.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:28 PM   #19

I can't do the 14th. I have a wedding to go to that I forgot about.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:21 PM   #20
commander101

Ok, I should be good to go for the 14th. Depends on a class but I shouldnt have to go. So not sure where guys wanna go but aslong as its within about an hour anda half drive from tacoma i'm down. So lets try and figure out a place. MAybe some of the more experienced guys in the area can take charge of picking a place.