Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Good wheeling areas in oregon?

Old 11-01-2010, 11:09 PM   #1
P_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tyler
P_Tree's Tacoma Gallery
Good wheeling areas in oregon?

Im from Oregon city and looking for places to go and explore. Let me know if you got any good areas.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:16 PM   #2
ppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phuong
ppham444's Tacoma Gallery
I like to roam through Clackamas Town Center or Lloyd Center. Not too rough of terrain, but a lot of chicks to holler at!
Old 11-01-2010, 11:21 PM   #3
P_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shedP_Tree is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tyler
P_Tree's Tacoma Gallery
Good idea man! I dont have to wash it after. lol
Old 11-03-2010, 06:58 PM   #4
Thucker is on a distinguished road
Thucker's Tacoma Gallery
I use to go to Goat Mountain it's only another 25-30 min out from Oregon City. They have some mild trails and some crazy trails. Check it out.

I use to go out with these guys in these same trucks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8HNJchFUHw
Old 11-03-2010, 07:00 PM   #5
Nitronick will become famous soon enoughNitronick will become famous soon enough
Name: Nick
Nitronick's Tacoma Gallery
ANY WHERE IN ESTACADA! thats where i usually go. squal mountian!
Old 11-05-2010, 12:43 PM   #6
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Only prob with Goat is knowing where the trails are, plus all the damn litter. People need to really do a better job.

I keep reposting this, I should almost stick it in my sig:

http://atv.prd.state.or.us/places.php
Old 11-05-2010, 12:49 PM   #7
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thucker View Post
I use to go to Goat Mountain it's only another 25-30 min out from Oregon City. They have some mild trails and some crazy trails. Check it out.

I use to go out with these guys in these same trucks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8HNJchFUHw

damn that looks fun ha ha but they are beating the hell out of those trucks...
Old 11-07-2010, 05:48 PM   #8
rvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to all

Name: cameron
rvcahawaii808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenmunga View Post
Only prob with Goat is knowing where the trails are, plus all the damn litter. People need to really do a better job.

I keep reposting this, I should almost stick it in my sig:

http://atv.prd.state.or.us/places.php
i was checking out that site earlier. but i dont know which ones are like trails and which are just areas.

im looking for easy/medium trails. nothing extreme i just wanna be able to put it in 4x4
Old 11-08-2010, 08:35 AM   #9
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

For the most part you have to either do web research or explore it yourself. I only know most areas from pictures.

TSF is pretty much our best bet in this area since the trails are marked and the easy, medium, and hard trails are in close proximity to give you an idea of what you feel comfortable with.

With winter coming on and snow in the area, very easy service roads can give enough challenge as well. Keep an eye on Mary's Peak for snow. It's a bit SW of Philomath. It would be an utter snore if it was dry, but with snow would have wide roads with many miles to drive. It's just not going to get snow too easy.
If you would like to drive further, I'm going to keep an eye on the Hood area. Snow or not, I might do a run in December. If there's no snow, it's not going to be very technical, but I'm going for the exploration.
225nontypical also promised me trails not far from Silverton
Old 11-08-2010, 08:45 AM   #10
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Tree View Post
Good idea man! I dont have to wash it after. lol
You may have to clean the interior if you do it right though.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:16 AM   #11
rvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenmunga View Post
For the most part you have to either do web research or explore it yourself. I only know most areas from pictures.

TSF is pretty much our best bet in this area since the trails are marked and the easy, medium, and hard trails are in close proximity to give you an idea of what you feel comfortable with.

With winter coming on and snow in the area, very easy service roads can give enough challenge as well. Keep an eye on Mary's Peak for snow. It's a bit SW of Philomath. It would be an utter snore if it was dry, but with snow would have wide roads with many miles to drive. It's just not going to get snow too easy.
If you would like to drive further, I'm going to keep an eye on the Hood area. Snow or not, I might do a run in December. If there's no snow, it's not going to be very technical, but I'm going for the exploration.
225nontypical also promised me trails not far from Silverton
i wouldnt mind a hood run. let me know if you guys ever do some trails in silverton, if im not busy id definatly be in.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:20 AM   #12

i also do not have class fridays....if anyone wants to go
Old 11-08-2010, 10:22 AM   #13
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
The TSF is a really good area to get out to. As mike said, trails are all marked with difficulty and there are trail maps available too.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:27 AM   #14

the permit is only $10 for 2 years?!? we are class II correct? the TSF website says that stores along highway 6 sell the passes...just like gas stations or supermarkets? is it like how they sell sno-park permits everywhere?
Old 11-08-2010, 10:51 AM   #15
Nuggety

You can get permits here

Here is permit definitions. Yes we are a Class II