Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Looking for a suspension shop in Portland OR

Old 12-02-2010, 06:21 AM   #1
coylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: tk
coylifut's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for a suspension shop in Portland OR

did a search and didn't find anything. I'm looking for a suspension shop in the Portland OR area to purchase and install and 3 inch lift on my 2011 DC. Looking for quality and best service as opposed to cheapest price.

thanx
tk
Old 12-02-2010, 06:53 AM   #2
wolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
wolfdog2314's Tacoma Gallery
Central 4x4. In Vancouver there is Woody's 4x4. Central quoted me a 5100 bilstein install at 400$. I did it myself tho'. Not sure what kinda lift ur looking at. And there's les schwabs....
Old 12-02-2010, 08:45 AM   #3
Oregon Edition
RAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
DON'T DO SCHWABS..........PLEEEEAAAASSSEEE!!!!

Come down here to Springfield/Eugene and have Dunks performance do it!! They did mine and i've never been happier. These guys do it CORRECTLY and stand behind there work!!! They had me come back a month after and did a complete run thru of the lift and tighten it up and check everything to make sure it's in perfect working order.

My buddy had Schwabs do his and he had to go back 4 different times because of those idiots. NOT WORTH IT!!!
Old 12-02-2010, 08:50 AM   #4
jammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant future

Name: James
jammdogg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to jammdogg
^^^^

I will have Schwab do my tires and whatnot, but I never would have a high school kid do a lift for me!

Nice truck RAPR, and VERY NICE avatar!

GO DUCKS

James
Old 12-02-2010, 08:57 AM   #5
Oregon Edition
RAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammdogg View Post
^^^^

I will have Schwab do my tires and whatnot, but I never would have a high school kid do a lift for me!

Nice truck RAPR, and VERY NICE avatar!

GO DUCKS

James

Schwabbys is good for one thing......TIRES!!

Yer truck looks good bro!
Old 12-02-2010, 09:53 AM   #6
jusmac is just really nicejusmac is just really nicejusmac is just really nicejusmac is just really nice
jusmac's Tacoma Gallery
eastside offroad, gresham 4 wheel drive are both good shops
Old 12-02-2010, 09:55 AM   #7
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
The Toy Doctor in Tualatin is a good guy.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:13 PM   #8
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
All the FJ guys swear by metaltech.
I haven't used him but Leonard's Offroad looked like a top notch shop. VERY clean.

I bought my gear from Wheeler's, which is just about legendary.

If you are looking to install I can help. If you do it over the Christmas break you can hit up Timicha and RelentlessTaco as well.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:51 PM   #9
coylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoylifut is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: tk
coylifut's Tacoma Gallery
thanks a million gents.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:15 PM   #10
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
snowgod06's Tacoma Gallery
hey RAPR, did you get popped by the cops a few weeks ago on like a sunday morning? i swear i seen either your truck or an ext cab (went by quick and dont remember)

oh yea, to the OP. Superior offroad i hear is a great place to get work done, located in gresham.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:06 AM   #11
Oregon Edition

RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgod06 View Post
hey RAPR, did you get popped by the cops a few weeks ago on like a sunday morning? i swear i seen either your truck or an ext cab (went by quick and dont remember)

oh yea, to the OP. Superior offroad i hear is a great place to get work done, located in gresham.
NOPE. Wasn't me. Some guy that lives 10 blocks from me did his Tacoma up like mine!!!!! Might of been him. I can't afford tickets...LOL!
Old 12-06-2010, 10:24 AM   #12
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coylifut View Post
did a search and didn't find anything. I'm looking for a suspension shop in the Portland OR area to purchase and install and 3 inch lift on my 2011 DC. Looking for quality and best service as opposed to cheapest price.

thanx
tk

I will install them for you at no charge... haha but you got to promise me you won't file any charges against me or sew me.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:25 AM   #13
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by coylifut View Post
thanks a million gents.
I can help as well!
Old 12-06-2010, 10:32 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottri View Post
The Toy Doctor in Tualatin is a good guy.

Where is the toy doctor located in Tualatin? Is he locxated over off of Teton rd?
Old 12-14-2010, 01:41 AM   #16
Timicha
Timicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIM
Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
lots of portlanders in here haha did you decide who's going to put the lift in for you?
Old 12-14-2010, 01:46 AM   #17
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Woody's 4x4 has never treated me wrong!
Old 01-13-2011, 11:43 AM   #18
Tacomafinally is on a distinguished road
Name: Kyle
Tacomafinally's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgod06 View Post

I'd stay away from Superior Offroad. I had them install my 5100/Eibach/AAL lift, granted for a good price. However, my truck has been vibrating like a pleasure toy ever since. The problem I had with them is that when i went back to them for help I was told that my truck was the first Tacoma that they've ever seen have vibrations after a lift. I should have stopped right there and left b/c as we all know, it's rare for a Tacoma to not have vibrations after a lift. After an hour, they came back with "well, we installed a diff drop, you should be good to go". Wow, it was then worse. Later I asked for them to try some shims & cb drops like I asked for the first time...I was then told "that I was becoming a pain in his ass with all these calls and extra time. My plan was to pay him to mess around with the drops and shims, but after that comment he can eff off.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:50 AM   #19

I say take that lift out and put something in new. Instead of having a shop do it for you, have some of us help you out.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:05 PM   #20
Tacomafinally is on a distinguished road
Name: Kyle
Tacomafinally's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post
I say take that lift out and put something in new. Instead of having a shop do it for you, have some of us help you out.
Why take it out? This is one of the better lift options for 2nd gen Tacomas, plus it's only 2 months old. It's the drive line angles that are off; most every lift will do the same. It all comes back to Toyota and their 2 piece drive line. I'm considering taking my rig into Woody's to see what they can do to straighten up the shaft; if nothing, then I'll be installing a 1 piece drive shaft.