Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Might be moving to WA; questions

Old 12-04-2010, 04:01 PM   #1
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
Might be moving to WA; questions

I have job opportunities up by Port Angeles and Kennewick. Anyone familiar with these areas? Are they good for raising a family? What's the potential for starting up a business there as well? I'll think of more as time goes on
Old 12-05-2010, 12:36 PM   #2
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunday bump
Old 12-05-2010, 01:03 PM   #3
HarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHarryTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
HarryTaco's Tacoma Gallery
It's right next to Sequim, where it's known as a sun belt. Lowest annual rainfall in the puget sound area iirc. I hear it's beautiful up there.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:42 PM   #4

Cool! It definitely looks beautiful up there
Old 12-05-2010, 02:22 PM   #5
Snipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snipe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToucanV13 View Post
I have job opportunities up by Port Angeles and Kennewick. Anyone familiar with these areas? Are they good for raising a family? What's the potential for starting up a business there as well? I'll think of more as time goes on

You are talking about 2 different side of the state, Port Angeles is coastal and Kennewick is dry like a dessert
Old 12-05-2010, 02:32 PM   #6

Is one area better than the other? The wifey is a CA girl and does not want to go to WA and her main excuse is it's always rainy and gloomy there. I for one dig that over sun all the damn time and I like the snow. Port Angeles looks amazing. Kennewick just looks like any other suburb from what I've seen
Old 12-05-2010, 02:33 PM   #7
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
Port Angeles is kinda... idk. its secluded and there is property crime. Not a lot of services out there.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:38 PM   #8

Would it get me away from the opinionated schiz?

Are you down more by Kennewick then?
Old 12-05-2010, 06:36 PM   #9
kram is a jewel in the roughkram is a jewel in the roughkram is a jewel in the rough
kram's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
You are talking about 2 different side of the state, Port Angeles is coastal and Kennewick is dry like a dessert
You mean like stale sponge cake?
Old 12-08-2010, 09:50 PM   #10
"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OLYMPIC VIEW" is one of the sharper tools in the shed

"OLYMPIC VIEW"'s Tacoma Gallery
PA gets a lot of rain...close to Forks though``
Quote:
Move to the Tri-Cities...you'll feel right at home...Hanford's a great spot of a family picnic
Old 12-08-2010, 10:09 PM   #11
slmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
slmgt's Tacoma Gallery
Living in Eastern Washington has it's benefits - such as residents having a generally more friendly attitude, better drivers, fewer liberals, more guns, fun in the snow, nuclear power, closer to Pullman, home of the Cougars (avoid Seattle-area, too close to the HUSSIES), but most importantly, we get snow, not gloomy rain and overall 4 distinct seasons than western WA. The cost of living is also substantially lower in Eastern WA.

Western WA has some benefits, such as having SEATAC (large airports make it easier to fly out of), little to no snow (but when there is, Western drivers don't know how to drive in it so BEWARE), more urban living, developed companies (Amazon, Starbucks, Boeing, Microsoft, etc.).

Both have positives and negatives - it is how you weight certain aspects that will decide where you wish to live/work. Above all, be a Coug fan or go home!
Old 12-08-2010, 10:15 PM   #12
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
You'd be closer than if you were in kennewick
Quote:
Would it get me away from the opinionated schiz?

Are you down more by Kennewick then?
Old 12-08-2010, 10:25 PM   #13
tuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tuckr2's Tacoma Gallery
While I have lived in Western Washington for over 30 years now, I moved here from Las Vegas. I missed the hot, dry weather for several years. Winter drizzle here can be miserable. Although having said that, I have come to like the cooler weather. Temps over 80 in Western Washington usually number in the 60 day number.
Great for hunting, but as another posted the west side has a ton of people. I suppose if your looking to start a business that could influence your decision depending on the business. Car washes don't do that well... Latte Stands on the other hand are on just about every corner so you better bring a gimmick if thats your business. Got a real nice Latte stand a few minutes from the house where they wear tassels underneath their aprons and not much else up top. LOL
good luck. Ken
Old 12-08-2010, 10:50 PM   #15
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Port Angeles for sure!!! I lived in western Washington for 24 years... Moving back there in a few months and i would LOVE to live up in Port Angeles. It doesn't get any better! LOL my opinion is very bias by the way...
Old 12-08-2010, 10:54 PM   #16
Thread Jacker

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
Or come as far north as me and stop b4 you hit the border
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Go further north .