Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Oregon and Washington BS thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-06-2014, 11:13 AM   #22821
ToyotaLover
Smar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
Smar969905's Tacoma Gallery
Big news for me. Wife and I have had our house on the market for 7 days as of today and it is now off the market since we accepted an offer this morning. I will be moving about mid February from the looks of things.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:54 AM   #22822
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
Jonnie.
I work lol
Old 01-06-2014, 11:57 AM   #22823
uncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Arty
uncleART's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smar969905 View Post
Big news for me. Wife and I have had our house on the market for 7 days as of today and it is now off the market since we accepted an offer this morning. I will be moving about mid February from the looks of things.

Congratulations! You hit the market with great timing.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:06 PM   #22824
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: bullet sponge
username's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Bacon wrapped pineapple. Sounds delicious. Please give me the details
  • 1 pound Bacon
  • 1 can Chunked Pineapple (large Chunks)
  • ˝ cups Brown Sugar
Cut the pound of bacon in half. Put the brown sugar in a shallow bowl. Take a half a slice of bacon and dredge it through the brown sugar. Put a chunk of pineapple on one end of the bacon slice and roll up. Secure with a toothpick.
I put tinfoil on a cookie sheet. Lay the bacon pineapple bundles onto the foil.
Bake for at least 25 minutes, or until the bacon looks brown and crispy. Sometimes I pop them under the broiler for the last few minutes just to get them really crisp. But watch out – the sugar will burn!
Try to wait for them to cool slighty – only because the tasty goodness will burn your lips if it’s too hot! Enjoy.

You can also use little smokies instead of pineapple for real meat candy.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:32 PM   #22825
Bobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bobert14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
I lived in Europe for seven years. You have no idea how many Euro vegan chicks I corrupted with bacon. Take a pineapple wedge, wrap it in a half a slice of bacon and throw it in the oven. Boom, she's a meat eater.
Converting Euro vegans with meat could have gone in a completely different direction!

And wtf is the deal with the Gordini?! Finished both stages only because someone towed him and hours behind the leader...
Old 01-06-2014, 01:01 PM   #22826
jeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
jeverich's Tacoma Gallery
Fawk.. Went to the dealership by my parents in Rhode Island looking for some coolant, drove aroundback to see five 1st and 2nd Gen beds and about 20 new frames in the rear parking lot..

Swung back in to see what it was about; apparently Toyota us doing another voluntary frame recall (actually had a 2000 SR5 that was bought back a few years ago)..

Service Manager threw my rig up on the lift to check it out, figured I might as well since I was there. Great guy, we actually inspected it together - as I expected, no issues. Pretty funny to see the reaction of the sales/service staff when you show up with a heavily modified rig..

Pretty horrendous, took a look at an '06 that they were replacing the frame on - literally had holes in the inner frame behind the catalytic converters, heavy SCALE (it's different than surface rust..). Literally looked like a 25 year old truck that had been dipped in salt water.

Manager said they've done about 450 frames, between Tacomas and Tundras.

Really, really glad I'm on the Left Coast now.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:11 PM   #22827
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonnie
J88logue's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennett707 View Post
Jonnie.
I work lol
Sooooooo - that's what vacay time is for!
Old 01-06-2014, 01:16 PM   #22829
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
  • 1 pound Bacon
  • 1 can Chunked Pineapple (large Chunks)
  • ˝ cups Brown Sugar
Cut the pound of bacon in half. Put the brown sugar in a shallow bowl. Take a half a slice of bacon and dredge it through the brown sugar. Put a chunk of pineapple on one end of the bacon slice and roll up. Secure with a toothpick.
I put tinfoil on a cookie sheet. Lay the bacon pineapple bundles onto the foil.
Bake for at least 25 minutes, or until the bacon looks brown and crispy. Sometimes I pop them under the broiler for the last few minutes just to get them really crisp. But watch out – the sugar will burn!
Try to wait for them to cool slighty – only because the tasty goodness will burn your lips if it’s too hot! Enjoy.

You can also use little smokies instead of pineapple for real meat candy.
Thank you. I'll be doing that this weekend
Old 01-06-2014, 01:26 PM   #22830
jeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
jeverich's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleART View Post
Lol. Left coast. That's amazing about all of the frame problems. Well it still doesn't chase me away from Toyota.
I agree; they're owing up to it.

They already bought a 2000 SR5 back from me when I lived out here, due to the rust recall..

Got $15,580 for a truck I paid $9k for.

If I was living out here again, and was getting the frame replaced, I'd have it blasted, zinc primered, and painted with a marine two part epoxy.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:37 PM   #22831
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: bullet sponge
username's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobert14 View Post
Converting Euro vegans with meat could have gone in a completely different direction!

And wtf is the deal with the Gordini?! Finished both stages only because someone towed him and hours behind the leader...
Oh, good times were had by all I assure you that lol.

RG didn't test his car, like usual. I think he has so much going on he really doesn't have the time to test any of his cars. It was a foolish move, and he will not learn from it at all. I also think it will really hurt his sales to civilians as well, but what can you do.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:46 PM   #22832
Bobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Oh, good times were had by all I assure you that lol.

RG didn't test his car, like usual. I think he has so much going on he really doesn't have the time to test any of his cars. It was a foolish move, and he will not learn from it at all. I also think it will really hurt his sales to civilians as well, but what can you do.
I thought he got at least some testing in with it. You would think someone with his experience would understand how insanely important testing and prep is. Doesn't look like there will be any Americans on the podium this year. Baldwin just isn't stepping it up. Can't expect him to do amazing his first year out though.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:56 PM   #22834
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonnie
J88logue's Tacoma Gallery
Holla!!!

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/4272230203.html

Old 01-06-2014, 06:10 PM   #22835

https://vimeo.com/83546137

Should I just make a Dakar thread on the larger forum?
Old 01-06-2014, 10:14 PM   #22837
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Bedside decals have finally come in

The illuminated part is reflective black. Everything else is dark grey
Old 01-06-2014, 10:24 PM   #22838
JTrean is on a distinguished road

JTrean's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Bedside decals have finally come in

The illuminated part is reflective black. Everything else is dark grey
^^ Looks good!
Old 01-06-2014, 11:19 PM   #22839
ToyotaLover
Smar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
Smar969905's Tacoma Gallery
Housing update for me. Current house sold (closing date of Feb 18). Offer on new house accepted (closing date Feb 19).

I am going to become an East sider soon.

Products Discussed in this Thread