1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Oregon and Washington BS thread

Discussion in 'North West' started by Bobert14, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Mar 31, 2015 at 3:29 PM
    inesshell

inesshell blah blah blah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    All stock Superwhite 10' AC
  2. Mar 31, 2015 at 7:24 PM
    username

username Fluffer

Member:
    Pendleton, Or
    Vehicle:
    05 Taco with some crap welded to it
    mostly stock
    That pig looks heavy! It would be nice if the military adopted something like that. I love technicals.

Just looked it up. GVWR of 13,500 pounds, curb weight of 6700. :eek: That's about the same as my wife's duramax crew cab!

3. Mar 31, 2015 at 8:45 PM
    inesshell

inesshell blah blah blah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    All stock Superwhite 10' AC
    didnt realize it was that heavy, should have expected it. Would have been really impressive if it was the same weight class as the taco but i guess at that weight it would not really meet the demands it was designed for.

4. Mar 31, 2015 at 9:30 PM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad DC 4x4 with stuff
    All the normal TW BS
    1st gen front clip
    2nd gen cab
    late 80s bed
    bastardized grill from a 5th gen Malibu or something?

5. Apr 2, 2015 at 12:07 AM
    windsor

windsor Just a guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Homeless in Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Super Duty aka Tundra
    Canopy, fitted seat covers, OBA with self leveling air bags, 100w solar, dual Rhino Rack Pioneer platforms, side & rear LED work/FU lights, CB, cell booster. 7x16 cargo conversion, 3" lift, 7'x6.5' fold down aluminum rear deck.
    I'm looking for a shop that has experience in building custom suspension. Anyone have a place they would suggest?
    Soon, I am going to buy a new frame stub and M2 style components to upgrade the front end of my '40. I don't trust one of the "custom" shops here because they couldn't even get my radiator ordered right or refund me when it arrived as the wrong one. And have heard some bad stuff about another, so I am looking from Medford to Seattle. California is a no go, and I don't feel like driving back to Nevada or Arizona.

6. Apr 2, 2015 at 6:08 AM
    username

username Fluffer

Member:
    Pendleton, Or
    Vehicle:
    mostly stock
    the only person I would trust with a job like that is myself. (I mean you should do it yourself, I'm not volunteering) If I had to pay a shop Izzy's rod shop in North Bend would be the place to go.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  7. Apr 2, 2015 at 7:09 AM
    shutterbug

shutterbug Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cameron
    Downey, ID
    Vehicle:
    06 Blue Tacoma
    Trd intake, flowmaster exhaust, URD Maf calibrator, 3inch lift, Firestone Ride-rite airbags, Raceline 16" wheels, Fibeglass shell, carpeted bench kit, billet grill, Pioneer AVH1400DVD, Kenwood 150 watt amp, Kenwood 12" subwoofers, Access steering wheel controls
    Anyone near Seaside, or Canon Beach that I could borrow some tools/garage? My family and I are over here on vacation and my Camry keeps shuddering when going up hill with accelerating

8. Apr 2, 2015 at 7:09 AM
    windsor

windsor Just a guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Homeless in Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Super Duty aka Tundra
    Canopy, fitted seat covers, OBA with self leveling air bags, 100w solar, dual Rhino Rack Pioneer platforms, side & rear LED work/FU lights, CB, cell booster. 7x16 cargo conversion, 3" lift, 7'x6.5' fold down aluminum rear deck.
    That's a sexy truck. Thanks, I'll check them out. I was thinking about tacking it myself, but I don't have the space (or back) to do it.

9. Apr 2, 2015 at 11:56 PM
    dakotasyota

dakotasyota Just a Fringe of the Ging in your Minge

Member:
    First Name:
    Dakota
    Ellensburg, WA
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab, Manual, V6, 4x4, TRD Off-Road
    Total Chaos +2 LT w/ 2.5 x 8 Kings, 700 lb coils, Chevy 63s, BAMF Shock relocation, 12" King Smoothies, Locker Anytime Mod, 5% Tint All Around, 4xInnovations full skids, Custom Made Rock Sliders, 4xInnovations HC Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier, SOS Original Plate 2 Front Bumper, 130 w KC Slimlites, Homertaco Raptor Grill, Bestop Supertop, Smittybilt 9500 lb winch, Flowmaster 40 series, JVC deck w/ 12" Rockford Fosgate T1 in custom box, and lots more!!
    Great... I need help guys. I have no idea what i did wrong. Finally got everything put together and went to test out my new clutch. No TOB squeek so that was good but the clutch is slipping like crazy! I went to back out letting it out slowly. It grabbed way higher than I was used to and then letting it out slightly more literally was bouncing my truck. Tried it in 1st too with the same results. I only moved it about 10 feet because I don't want to damage it. I'm really hoping yall will say it's somethint stupid and needs to be broke in but I don't think that's gonna be the case :( im lost, any ideas??

10. Apr 3, 2015 at 5:50 AM
    BoatRacer

BoatRacer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Olalla WA
    Vehicle:
    '02 TRD 3.4 5-Speed
    All Pro front bumper, Warn winch, leds, Dakar leaf pack, locker wire mod.
    Did you remove the slave cylinder? If so, they are very difficult to bleed the air out, I used a cable tie and put it to the side. Also, you can adjust your clutch peddle throw under the dash by loosening the jam nut and turning the rod.

Like the first part of this vid.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kJBXW65Q2FU

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  11. Apr 3, 2015 at 6:32 AM
    ramonortiz55

ramonortiz55 Not A Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ramon
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB Offroad 4x4
    stock
    Extremely random here.

Anyone familiar with Voodoo donuts in portland? I was there for a couple of months last year and sure miss going there. I will pay for someone to ship me some. PM me please, I dont visit this thread.

Salutations from Texas

12. Apr 3, 2015 at 6:43 AM
    Haslefre

Haslefre Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra
    Some flags and center console divider... lots of things on the wanted list.
    Can you drive up to Norman? I have a friend with a donut place better than voodoo up there.

13. Apr 3, 2015 at 6:45 AM
    username

username Fluffer

Member:
    Pendleton, Or
    Vehicle:
    mostly stock
    The clutch fork might not be aligned right. Take the side cover off by the slave cylinder and have a look in there.

IMGP0577_c11f53421ae3ef8796bb8f9b6ca3b5578b522325.jpg

Edit: the book has better pictures- http://www.customtacos.com/tech.old...6toyrm/06toypdf/06rmsrc/rm2006ta/02901610.pdf

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  14. Apr 3, 2015 at 6:50 AM
    ramonortiz55

Member:
    First Name:
    Ramon
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB Offroad 4x4
    stock
    Norman, Texas?

15. Apr 3, 2015 at 6:54 AM
    Haslefre

Haslefre Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra
    Some flags and center console divider... lots of things on the wanted list.
    Oklahoma. It's called hurts donuts

16. Apr 3, 2015 at 6:57 AM
    ramonortiz55

Member:
    First Name:
    Ramon
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB Offroad 4x4
    stock
    Too far. Im south Texas

17. Apr 3, 2015 at 7:19 AM
    dakotasyota

Member:
    First Name:
    Dakota
    Ellensburg, WA
    Vehicle:
    Total Chaos +2 LT w/ 2.5 x 8 Kings, 700 lb coils, Chevy 63s, BAMF Shock relocation, 12" King Smoothies, Locker Anytime Mod, 5% Tint All Around, 4xInnovations full skids, Custom Made Rock Sliders, 4xInnovations HC Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier, SOS Original Plate 2 Front Bumper, 130 w KC Slimlites, Homertaco Raptor Grill, Bestop Supertop, Smittybilt 9500 lb winch, Flowmaster 40 series, JVC deck w/ 12" Rockford Fosgate T1 in custom box, and lots more!!
    I didn't... I just pushed it to the side. Nothing was disconnected so I shouldn't have to bleed it. Although it felt like the clutch pushed back a lot slower but that may be because I've been driving the jeep for two weeks and it has a really springy clutch
    I've heard about that. What am I supposed to be looking for? When I put the side cover on I made sure that it was on the slave cylinder end. I also tested it with the transmission off after I lubed everything and it slid really smooth.

One guy told me that he thinks it could be clutch chatter not slipping because they don't let you let them out slow :notsure: like I said I haven't fully let the clutch out yet. I didn't want to break something last night.

18. Apr 3, 2015 at 8:53 AM
    dakotasyota

Member:
    First Name:
    Dakota
    Ellensburg, WA
    Vehicle:
    On other forums (different vehicles) I've seen people say this has happened and it went away... But I know one guy who just installed the same clutch kit only for his 2.7 L taco and it didn't chatter... I dont know :(

19. Apr 3, 2015 at 10:17 AM
    username

username Fluffer

Member:
    Pendleton, Or
    Vehicle:
    mostly stock
    Did you surface the flywheel? Or possibly get any oil on it? If you didn't surface the flywheel it will take a while for the new disk to conform to the ridges in the flywheel. It's not the right way to do it, but you can slip the clutch a few times and burn it in. Be careful, too much and it will smoke it. Then you have to start all over. Good luck man

20. Apr 3, 2015 at 11:55 AM
    dakotasyota

Member:
    First Name:
    Dakota
    Ellensburg, WA
    Vehicle:
    I did. My dad had smoked my old one pretty bad so it had a slight warp. They took off two passes and I just had a tiny little hotspot left over. No oil on the damn thing I cleaned it like crazy!! I've heard of people slipping them in... not sure I wanna do that. I called LCE and they told me to drive it nice and break it in. I've been driving it all morning and I already feel better about this. The thing is awesome! I feel like I'm driving my moms race car. It shifts like a dream! Just boom next gear! It even downshifts so smooth and fast too.

The only con is backing up and starting out. When I do normal acceleration (not launching just giving it a little gas) it just lets out super smooth and goes. But when I don't give it gas and just try to let it out slow it chatters... same with reverse. I don't know man, I haven't launched it yet because of the break in period but it feels like it would handle it beautifully.

I just feel off because I've been out of my truck for so long.. Are you working at the airport any time soon? Lol you should come over and drive it I live 5 miles down the road.

Products Discussed in

To Top