Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Oregon and Washington BS thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-29-2010, 09:07 AM   #41
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Eh the only shop I know of is metaltech, but they are in Newberg Oregon.

I'm thinkin I want to start a once every month get together thing. Sort of transition between one month is wheeling month, next month is non-wheeling, something like that. Getting that much organized wheeling in might be ambitious, but for the non-wheeling meets we could do stuff like
-offroad workshops: a small recovery class, maybe something like showing how a snatch strap works, a few winch moves in action, etc. Also maybe where we pick a single nearby trail and have one driver while one guy narrates what is being done.
-beer and burger night with open discussion
-mod day

I'm terrible at setting dates, so it may take me a bit to start this up if there's interest. I think first meet might just be watchin some Bill Burke videos at my place unless there's huge interest.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:18 AM   #42
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentPaucke View Post
i need a good custom fab shop in the general area i will drive for good work but i dont want someone who will overprice and under work, let me know what you guys got
Check with Eric at Relentless, He's in Kfalls...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/rel...s-fabrication/
Old 12-29-2010, 09:21 AM   #43
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

He's most likely 300+ miles away. Not exactly general area.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:27 AM   #45
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenmunga View Post
He's most likely 300+ miles away. Not exactly general area.
Closer than CBI or allpro...
Old 12-29-2010, 09:32 AM   #46
Nuggety

Metaltech is about 200 miles closer, just sayin. I've wheeled with Elite Offroad, Relentless Fabrication, and Metaltech, each vendor has (or will) do work on my truck, so I like all those guys. Sometimes, though, proximity does win.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:50 AM   #47
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
FYI, if you're in the Seattle area and commute to the SODO area prepare for the nightmare

http://wsdot.wa.gov/projects/viaduct/simulations/
Old 12-29-2010, 04:04 PM   #48
rvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to all

Name: cameron
rvcahawaii808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenmunga View Post
Eh the only shop I know of is metaltech, but they are in Newberg Oregon.

I'm thinkin I want to start a once every month get together thing. Sort of transition between one month is wheeling month, next month is non-wheeling, something like that. Getting that much organized wheeling in might be ambitious, but for the non-wheeling meets we could do stuff like
-offroad workshops: a small recovery class, maybe something like showing how a snatch strap works, a few winch moves in action, etc. Also maybe where we pick a single nearby trail and have one driver while one guy narrates what is being done.
-beer and burger night with open discussion
-mod day

I'm terrible at setting dates, so it may take me a bit to start this up if there's interest. I think first meet might just be watchin some Bill Burke videos at my place unless there's huge interest.
i like this idea. i really wanna go wheeling i just dont know anywhere in oregon....
Old 12-29-2010, 04:04 PM   #49
rvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to all

Name: cameron
rvcahawaii808's Tacoma Gallery
i also could benefit from the workshop type things
Old 12-29-2010, 04:49 PM   #50
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Heck, I don't really care what we do... Any of you want to give me a hand installing deaver spring kit with icon resi shocks?

Closes shop would be Metaltech. Unfortunately they charge a little much for their labor.. I had some work done by them and their work isn't too bad.
Old 12-29-2010, 04:55 PM   #51
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
Chickenmunga that sounds like a good idea. I think we should do more of a burger/drink on the non wheeling months. I just got back Thursday and I've seen some nice tacos and toyotas in general from the commute from my moms(beaverton..allen and hall) place to my dads(hilsboro..minter bridge and tv hwy). Sucks I gotta re-familiarize myself with street names again.

This is me..if you see me give me a high beam or a wave!!!

Joe Saechao
Old 12-29-2010, 04:58 PM   #52
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^^How long you in town Joe? I am surprised I have not even seen your tacoma yet.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:07 PM   #53
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
On my way home tomorrow morning from yuma,az. Non stop mesa to bellingham
Old 12-29-2010, 06:01 PM   #54

Hey chickenmunga and joe we should meet somewhere tomorrw. Get some lunch or dinner somewhere... I don't think I am working tomorrow so I am flexible.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:14 PM   #55
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Zach, we live faily close don't we? I am back for good. Done wit the military. Ill see what I can do about tomorrow meeting up wit ya. Well it'll be me and my daughter unless my daughter magically falls in love wit my family and doesn't look for me where do you have in mind for a quick bite? Let's get some mexican food from the mexican bus!! Lol
Old 12-29-2010, 06:21 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by schiz94 View Post
On my way home tomorrow morning from yuma,az. Non stop mesa to bellingham
Good lord that's a long drive. Not driving alone, are you? I remember before I deployed I drove from oceanside(pretty much san diego) to san antonio and then from san antonio to here. Great road trip!! Drove through moab and all the great snow states during december

Good luck and be sure to have piss bottles with you hahah
Old 12-29-2010, 09:50 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTacoma02 View Post
Zach, we live faily close don't we? I am back for good. Done wit the military. Ill see what I can do about tomorrow meeting up wit ya. Well it'll be me and my daughter unless my daughter magically falls in love wit my family and doesn't look for me where do you have in mind for a quick bite? Let's get some mexican food from the mexican bus!! Lol

yeah mexican sounds good to me! It's doesn't really matter to me Joe. How about Chipotle over off of ceder hills rd?
Old 12-29-2010, 09:51 PM   #58
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Shook Obamas hand at the gym today... He's a lot whiter then you think in person.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:03 PM   #59
Nuggety

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post
Hey chickenmunga and joe we should meet somewhere tomorrw. Get some lunch or dinner somewhere... I don't think I am working tomorrow so I am flexible.
Sorry all I've got to be at the quarterly lunch tomorrow and then meeting with the trainer after. If you make it for friday I'd be there.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:07 PM   #60
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
Haha not driving. Allegiant air flight. Buttt I did drive with my stepdad basically non stop vegas to bellingham and that was horrific. I know where oceanside is I lived there for 9 years before moving here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTacoma02 View Post
Good lord that's a long drive. Not driving alone, are you? I remember before I deployed I drove from oceanside(pretty much san diego) to san antonio and then from san antonio to here. Great road trip!! Drove through moab and all the great snow states during december

Good luck and be sure to have piss bottles with you hahah

Products Discussed in this Thread