Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Oregon and Washington BS thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #18981
jeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
jeverich's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenmunga View Post
Can you guys with 2nd gens perform this test for me? I think I have something wrong but I'm not sure.

Park truck in very quiet area
turn it off. Turn lights off, everything.
turn key to ON position, but don't start truck
wait for seatbelt chime to go away.
listen in the engine compartment

do you hear any sound? Mine is making an electronic hum, about as loud as a computer fan, but sounds like a microwave in use. If I press the brakes, the front continues to hum, plus I get a louder hum from the rear.

I'm wondering if ABS is tweakin out even though everything operates normally
I can try it in the AM... I know mine hums for a few seconds then stops.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:19 PM   #18982
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going into a brake shop tomorrow. I bought a brake bleeder kit yesterday and I tried it out, spent a full hour on one wheel and still had air.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:30 AM   #18983
jeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
jeverich's Tacoma Gallery
Mike...

Was that you I saw Southbound on I-5 in Olympia around 18:30 or so? I was heading North. Traffic sucked.

Saw another 1st Gen w/Bedlined rockers, snorkel, bumpers and a couple of kayaks on the roof Southbound in Salem also..
Old 05-04-2013, 01:30 AM   #18984
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
heh yes that was me! I'm terrible at spotting others in the evening cuz I am either dead tired or I'm on a mission. in this case it was a mission - I'm visiting family to the south this weekend
Old 05-04-2013, 02:12 PM   #18985
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
snowgod06's Tacoma Gallery
ok fellas. So here's a little question and such.

My goal was to wait till summer harvest was over till i started modding my suspension. But with the amount i haul bikes, camp, and soon to be RTT with rack on my truck; my leafs are 100% done. Negative arch unloaded and im just off the bump stops with 2 bikes and gear in the bed. So, question is what would you get for rear leafs? I have blocks in the rear and like the height its at. I need a set of leafs that will not sag with a little load, and also not give me to much rear rake when unloaded.

I thought hunting down a TSB leaf pack and add a AAL, but not to sure if that would keep me at the height im at. With my revtek spacer lift, im also nervous if I get a dakar leaf pack thats 3'' my rake is going to be just...

Also, as always cheap is good for now. Im still not 100% my goals with the suspension and truck after summer. SO throw out some advice and convince me to spend a few hundo to solve my little issue.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:09 PM   #18986
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
What about the All Pro Expedition leaf pack?
Old 05-04-2013, 04:09 PM   #18987
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
Or you can find a used leaf pack with low mileage and buy the wheelers off road heavy duty aal
Old 05-04-2013, 04:32 PM   #18988
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTacoma02 View Post
What about the All Pro Expedition leaf pack?
That or Dakars
Old 05-04-2013, 04:36 PM   #18989
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgod06 View Post
ok fellas. So here's a little question and such.

My goal was to wait till summer harvest was over till i started modding my suspension. But with the amount i haul bikes, camp, and soon to be RTT with rack on my truck; my leafs are 100% done. Negative arch unloaded and im just off the bump stops with 2 bikes and gear in the bed. So, question is what would you get for rear leafs? I have blocks in the rear and like the height its at. I need a set of leafs that will not sag with a little load, and also not give me to much rear rake when unloaded.

I thought hunting down a TSB leaf pack and add a AAL, but not to sure if that would keep me at the height im at. With my revtek spacer lift, im also nervous if I get a dakar leaf pack thats 3'' my rake is going to be just...

Also, as always cheap is good for now. Im still not 100% my goals with the suspension and truck after summer. SO throw out some advice and convince me to spend a few hundo to solve my little issue.
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05upt...eafsprings.htm
Old 05-04-2013, 04:53 PM   #18990
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

downside of the expos is when not carrying a load is the rake... But, the expos could be one less thing i need to buy with what I may end up doing.

I refuse wheelers leaf pack for now. $500 for them is steep for a possible change in suspension later on. So OZ ... no

i was looking at the dakars from OME (# CS047R) but, only about 2'' of lift. So im tryng to debate if i ditch the blocks and get those will I sit at the height i am, or will +- rake be to much? damn all this work lol
Old 05-04-2013, 07:46 PM   #18991
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
downside of the expos is when not carrying a load is the rake... But, the expos could be one less thing i need to buy with what I may end up doing.

I refuse wheelers leaf pack for now. $500 for them is steep for a possible change in suspension later on. So OZ ... no

i was looking at the dakars from OME (# CS047R) but, only about 2'' of lift. So im tryng to debate if i ditch the blocks and get those will I sit at the height i am, or will +- rake be to much? damn all this work lol
Iron man has a 2" lift on springs as well.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:33 PM   #18992
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

You'll get more than 2" of lift from the Dakars
Old 05-05-2013, 07:48 PM   #18993
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Well my toytec shocks up front lasted a good and rough five years... Just washed the truck and they are leaking really bad. They ride fine but fuck... Debating on changing out the 5100 inside it or just upgrading. Money is tight right meow...

Leaking from the top lock plate also. Weird.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:51 PM   #18994
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalamaKid View Post
Well my toytec shocks up front lasted a good and rough five years... Just washed the truck and they are leaking really bad. They ride fine but fuck... Debating on changing out the 5100 inside it or just upgrading. Money is tight right meow...

Leaking from the top lock plate also. Weird.
If your gonna change out the 5100 change the sprig too for the weight...which means its time to just change everything out.....make the call and let's get the final plan rolling
Old 05-05-2013, 08:56 PM   #18995
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
Moving to tigard end of the month. O.o
Old 05-05-2013, 09:03 PM   #18996

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipreferwater View Post
Welcome to the neighborhood. Where in Tigard
Old 05-05-2013, 09:03 PM   #18997
UG legend wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipreferwater View Post
Ewww lol
Old 05-05-2013, 09:07 PM   #18998
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Off 99 by Durham. Gf works right around there and ill be working off canyon
Old 05-05-2013, 09:08 PM   #18999
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to traffic. Don't leave your house on Fridays period!
Old 05-05-2013, 09:12 PM   #19000
Yeti Hunter

I was hoping to cut down on potential traffic by going towards canyon on 217 if not taking Murray.

Products Discussed in this Thread