Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Northwest Oregon Scheduled Meet Calendar

Old 01-24-2011, 01:48 PM   #41
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Just went back and looked, I guess they changed it up a bit recently.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:35 PM   #42
Timicha
Timicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIM
Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motive View Post
Just body... 2 weeks to order parts & 3 weeks to repair. The only part of the truck thats not gettign repainted is the hood, the pass fender & doors... I was telling Mike that sliders are the first thing going on when I get it back!
i'm building a set of hybrids for a 1st gen right now and i'm going to do it a little different this time, i'll send you pics after they are done and see what you think, the new design should be stronger and i think they'll look better
Old 01-27-2011, 01:33 PM   #43
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Updated first post with details.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:41 PM   #45
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timicha View Post
i'm building a set of hybrids for a 1st gen right now and i'm going to do it a little different this time, i'll send you pics after they are done and see what you think, the new design should be stronger and i think they'll look better
Sounds good Tim... I was going to get a hold of you, but I'm in no hurry with the truck going into the shop next week. So, I'm not going to be ready for sliders until the first part of March. Please send some pics when you get something going or I'm sure you'll have a thread on it!
Old 01-27-2011, 02:30 PM   #46
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
So this trail on the 19th... any information on it? Trail damage probability ect... curious cause I'd like to head down if it all checks out Thanks Motive for pointing it out. I'm also free pretty much every saturday if anyone wants to head out

Also anyone know some light trails around the Portland area I can go check out. Can be easy pre-runner stuff even I don't care, just wanna get the truck dirty (minus this winter road crap) lol.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:03 PM   #47
Nuggety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
So this trail on the 19th... any information on it? Trail damage probability ect... curious cause I'd like to head down if it all checks out Thanks Motive for pointing it out. I'm also free pretty much every saturday if anyone wants to head out
there's a little bit of info in the first post's links, but from what I hear there's different levels based on what you want to do.

The only person allowed to have trail damage is Motive
Personally, I know my limitations and I'm not afraid to say no or find a bypass. I think most of us in this informal group have a pretty strong aversion to any sort of damage, so most of our trails are going to rate medium difficulty or below, with forewarning if there's something that might be above.
Medium difficulty - expect this as normal trails. Stock rigs can make it with a good driver or spotting, being lifted helps, and if you have lift/sliders it should be fun without being dangerous
advanced difficulty - there may be a few of these, but there will always be a bypass a way to opt-out. You could most likely make it with some good spotting and a good line, but you won't want to be stock.
high difficulty - if bobert, relentlesstaco, and timicha are the only ones saying 'let's do it', maybe you should take a minute and think about this
Old 01-27-2011, 03:09 PM   #48
Trucker
503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
503TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenmunga View Post
there's a little bit of info in the first post's links, but from what I hear there's different levels based on what you want to do.

Personally, I know my limitations and I'm not afraid to say no or find a bypass. I think most of us in this informal group have a pretty strong aversion to any sort of damage, so most of our trails are going to rate medium difficulty or below, with forewarning if there's something that might be above.
Medium difficulty - expect this as normal trails. Stock rigs can make it with a good driver or spotting, being lifted helps, and if you have lift/sliders it should be fun without being dangerous
advanced difficulty - there may be a few of these, but there will always be a bypass a way to opt-out. You could most likely make it with some good spotting and a good line, but you won't want to be stock.
high difficulty - if bobert, relentlesstaco, and timicha are the only ones saying 'let's do it', maybe you should take a minute and think about this

Nice, I'd stick to medium difficulty or lower, lol I don't want any damage, just want to have some fun off-road! I'm gonna hopefully get the rear tsb and billie 5100s up front around march! Then I'd like to go easy/medium trail wheelin with you guys!
Old 01-27-2011, 03:10 PM   #49
Nuggety

I guess I should say the above is from my perspective:

I hate damage, never been damaged
Only been wheeling since Fall '09
I've gone on the trail in the first video and I have no prob going. It was a bit unnerving without the sliders, though
I haven't had the balls for the advanced trail in the video (because that one damn rock is almost halfway up the door and that ain't cool), but I place myself just a bit below that trail for comfort level.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:10 PM   #50
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

Ah looks good, didn't see the links on the first post. Doesn't look to bad from the pics, figure if I can run box canyon in az that trail shouldn't be an issue
Old 01-27-2011, 03:12 PM   #51
Nuggety

Quote:
Also anyone know some light trails around the Portland area I can go check out. Can be easy pre-runner stuff even I don't care, just wanna get the truck dirty (minus this winter road crap) lol.
TSF has the most complete trails, but it isn't much for 'dirty' until you get more into the advanced trails that have been chewed up. They are definitely slow-mo trails due to tight turns.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:13 PM   #52
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I've don't it once back in 07 with TTORA and my pretty much stock 02 double cab made it fine. All I had was 265-75-16 bfg km1. Some parts can get your blood flowing(narrow trail and ruts) but I came out with no damage besides pin stripes

Don't know how much the trails have changed now.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:14 PM   #53
Nuggety

Quote:
Ah looks good, didn't see the links on the first post. Doesn't look to bad from the pics, figure if I can run box canyon in az that trail shouldn't be an issue
I did a youtube search for box canyon, looks like you would be just fine.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:43 PM   #54
Iron Beard

Yea I'm game presuming something at work doesn't crop up (which sadly can at near last min). Is there any faster trails around here (kinda suspect not) similar to desert faster running? I know there's the Dunes down south which I do want to hit up too... but anything maybe more local. Maybe even around the Dalles?
Old 01-27-2011, 03:52 PM   #55
Nuggety

I put some links here. I don't know of anything all that fast due to trees, might be more out towards eastern part of the state like Bend.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:55 PM   #56
Timicha
Timicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I guess I should say the above is from my perspective:

I hate damage, never been damaged
Only been wheeling since Fall '09
I've gone on the trail in the first video and I have no prob going. It was a bit unnerving without the sliders, though
I haven't had the balls for the advanced trail in the video (because that one damn rock is almost halfway up the door and that ain't cool), but I place myself just a bit below that trail for comfort level.
hahaha i was just thinking of that time you drove into the hole after the trail up tsf this summer
Old 01-27-2011, 07:16 PM   #57
Nuggety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timicha View Post
hahaha i was just thinking of that time you drove into the hole after the trail up tsf this summer
Hey now, that had nothing to do with my experience and you know that. I just don't park so good in the woods.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:49 PM   #58
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey now, that had nothing to do with my experience and you know that. I just don't park so good in the woods.
haha ya it was an optical allusion, anyone could have done that that was pretty damn scary though, i thought you were goin over
Old 01-27-2011, 08:08 PM   #59
all.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

all.on.black's Tacoma Gallery
I'll be passing through the area so I might be able to make this.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:52 AM   #60
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys... sorta new to wheeling. I want to go out with everyone, I can go any weekend except 17-21 Feb as I have a road trip. I hope I get to meet everyone and start getting my truck dirty!!!