Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Oregon TSF Run 2-19-11 Pictures

Old 02-19-2011, 06:11 PM   #1
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
Oregon TSF Run 2-19-11 Pictures

Had fun today in the snow. I brought my DSLR camera but I forgot the batteries so I had to use my cell phone. Didn't get as much pictures. I know I didn't get a chance to meet everyone because I thought there was going to be a "introduction" to put faces/names with usernames before heading out. Anyways, this is all I got. Sorry guys.

Old 02-19-2011, 08:23 PM   #2
jammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant future

Name: James
jammdogg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to jammdogg
Hey Joe, Great pics. You and Mike got some BIG ONES for going down that trail! Glad you guys made it down OK.

Here are the pics I took before my camera batteries died.

Old 02-19-2011, 08:27 PM   #3
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Nice!!!
Old 02-19-2011, 08:40 PM   #4
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
snowgod06's Tacoma Gallery
Great pics guys. But god damn their was a lot of you. Haha how was managing all the trucks on the trails.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:58 PM   #5
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgod06 View Post
Great pics guys. But god damn their was a lot of you. Haha how was managing all the trucks on the trails.

It wasn't too bad. The snow sucked though. We spent most of the day trying to pull people out who got stuck... lol Next time should be better!
Old 02-19-2011, 09:03 PM   #6
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hahaha, im pretty stoaked to have another camping weekend up their again. And ya'll are coming.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:24 PM   #7
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammdogg View Post
Hey Joe, Great pics. You and Mike got some BIG ONES for going down that trail! Glad you guys made it down OK.
Hahah James it was great seeing you again. Let me tell you..I don't know about Mike but I was scared shitless sliding down that trail not being able to stop lol it was fun though. Great shots man. Props for you bringing your recovery gear hahah really helped saved lots of recovery time along with everyone else who brought straps and chains. Oh and Bills winch also

Quote:
11 rigs total. Like Zach said there were a few trucks who needed some help getting through the snow..

Quote:
Hahaha, im pretty stoaked to have another camping weekend up their again. And ya'll are coming.
Not I!!!! J/k how was snow boarding?
Old 02-20-2011, 11:51 AM   #8
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Did you guys air down for the snow?
Old 02-20-2011, 11:57 AM   #9
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Posting this in this thread (didn't realize there was a separate one).

Note the high res downloads are in the picasa link as well if anyone wishes.

https://picasaweb.google.com/kyouto4...restRunWithTW#

Once I get time this week sometime to edit the videos up a bit I'll upload those too. Here's a few sample pics:

Relentless: Some did, I personally didn't. I have to worry about my front clearance with the stock suspension and armor
Old 02-20-2011, 12:59 PM   #10
4Runner Pilot
YFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Did you guys air down for the snow?
To be honest, we had some guys who should have done a little more research as far as how to use the equipment of their truck (4LO, locker, a-trac, Downhill Assist Control in the 4Runner) and the guys running stock tires definitely should have aired down.

I think this could have helped Cameron get down the hill we had to stop at. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yxCjP8pYo4

I was in the sandstorm colored FJ running 33X12.50's. I aired down to about 20 PSI and my truck proved to be unstoppable with a-trac and 4LO engaged all day except for when we were just cruising the log roads.

We did spend a lot of time recovering rigs, hopefully those guys will be better for it next time they are out.

I had fun. It was my first time at brown's camp but not in the snow or on trails. I was happy to be able to help a couple rigs out of the snow at a couple points.

Special thanks to Bill (billybongo on the blue room) for seeing my post about this run on the blue room and showing up. We would have been in some bad spots without him.

Okay, enough talking. Here are the pics me and my GF took!

FJ POWER!

I asked my girlfriend to take this one. Reminiscent of my WRX forum meeting runs

Old 02-20-2011, 02:02 PM   #11
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yea, the reason we didn't air down though (stock tires) was because of clearance issues in the front... and at the start I really had no idea what the trails we were going on would be like in that regard, nor how traction would be to start with. The times my truck got stuck I don't think airing down would have done much with the balding rugged fails (which I will be changing shortly but the suspension has to come first, only reason I haven't got KM2's yet). ATRAC was 100% useless on my truck in that terrain, the rear locker did seem to assist in a few cases but it's hard to say if it really did a lot or not. I kept it in 4-Lo a lot around the Ceder Hill trail and that was useful.

The only thing I really wish I would have done was get chains before the run, and ran them the entire time. The chains with A-TRAC and the locker was unstoppable going in reverse back up the trail.

As for the hill... if you saw how his 4-Runner went down the section my truck was on the top... I doubt you'd think DAC would have helped his rig one bit too :P Could it have been made? Probably... but we all just decided it wasn't worth the risks when we weren't really prepared for it.

Still a great time though Also I have to say this is the first time I've got my 2010 stuck at all... it's crawled through everything I've put it through in AZ

ATRAC is impressive though. With my crappy tires vs this guys 3" lift with Duratracs..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvvjIXNzg0Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XSex...eature=related

My truck just laughed at it. Impressive stuff... but it doesn't seem to work for me on ice
Old 02-20-2011, 03:11 PM   #12
4Runner Pilot
YFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
Yea, the reason we didn't air down though (stock tires) was because of clearance issues in the front... and at the start I really had no idea what the trails we were going on would be like in that regard, nor how traction would be to start with. The times my truck got stuck I don't think airing down would have done much with the balding rugged fails (which I will be changing shortly but the suspension has to come first, only reason I haven't got KM2's yet). ATRAC was 100% useless on my truck in that terrain, the rear locker did seem to assist in a few cases but it's hard to say if it really did a lot or not. I kept it in 4-Lo a lot around the Ceder Hill trail and that was useful.
Airing down would have helped you. The FJ isn't much different than a Tacoma. Same A-Trac, same locker, same gear ratios. Slow and steady would have gotten you out of some of those spots. The only area that clearance would have been a problem for you guys would have been the cedar trail. And we didn't even get to do stuff like that.

I'm not trying to argue with you, just offering up suggestions since you'd said you had not seen snow or ice like that before. Tacoma clearance isn't bad on the front stock unless you're trying to go through rocks and stuff. Scraping on a dirt trail won't hurt much
Old 02-20-2011, 03:35 PM   #13
Iron Beard

Sorry I didn't mean to come across as argumentative, was just saying the logic behind why we didn't air down is all.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:16 PM   #14
rvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to all

Name: cameron
rvcahawaii808's Tacoma Gallery
ive used the DAC once or twice, but i dont know how well it would have done on such a slippery surface
Old 02-20-2011, 04:50 PM   #15
4Runner Pilot

YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I think I came across wrong. I didn't mean to be a dick pointing out everyone's issues. I'm just saying practice is a good thing. There are tons of areas in our beautiful part of the country to go out and practice with the tools that Toyota has graced us with. That way, you know exactly what your truck can and can't do and a lot of situations can be avoided.

Personally, I spend as much time as possible on the logging roads outside corvallis. Exploring the side trails that have been cut by logging operations and finding random hills to test my A-Trac ability on. It's a good deal for everyone. There is no reason to wait for a group run to be your main learning experience.

I hope to see you guys on the trails again soon!
Old 02-20-2011, 04:57 PM   #16

I had a good time with everyone even though we spent most of the day digging each other out. Haha.

Jake, your friend andrew was getting irritated... I thought it was pretty hilarious! Haha.

I think the nest time we go wheeling it will be a lot better, we actually be able to get through the trail.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:04 PM   #17
4Runner Pilot

YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post
I had a good time with everyone even though we spent most of the day digging each other out. Haha.

Jake, your friend andrew was getting irritated... I thought it was pretty hilarious! Haha.

I think the nest time we go wheeling it will be a lot better, we actually be able to get through the trail.
I think we may need to stress next time that you need to be OKAY with getting a few scratches on your truck. The point of that trip wasn't supposed to be to cruise two lane wide log roads.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:06 PM   #18
UG legend wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by YFZ_TRD View Post
I think we may need to stress next time that you need to be OKAY with getting a few scratches on your truck. The point of that trip wasn't supposed to be to cruise two lane wide log roads.
Im sure the next trip will involve that. No matter where we have a meet. I think just the amount of snow hampered your guy's trip. Im sure once all the snows gone, going back to TSF will be a good time. Especially if we camp for a weekend.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:13 PM   #19
hellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
hellrazor004's Tacoma Gallery
Did the 4-Runner make it out okay? Hard to tell by your posts.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:14 PM   #20
rvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to all

Name: cameron
rvcahawaii808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrazor004 View Post
Did the 4-Runner make it out okay? Hard to tell by your posts.
lol yes i made it out thanks to everyones help and with only a small tear on one of my cvs