Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Who woke up to snow this morning?

Old 02-24-2011, 08:19 AM   #1
Beaver Believer
tencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 4th BCT 25th ID Airborne
Name: Wes
tencrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Who woke up to snow this morning?

I just sent my fiancée in the Tacoma to Bible Study, I'll slip and slide around in the RAV4. I just feel better knowing she has 4 wheel drive if needed. ~2" of snow and still falling in Corvallis, OR. Safe travels and wheeling to everyone this morning. Cheers.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:22 AM   #2
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
3 hours later.

New Thread:

Fiance put my tacoma in a ditch!
Old 02-24-2011, 08:28 AM   #3
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
A little bit here in Tigard. Just enough to make the drive fun! I hope your Taco is ok, oh and your fiance too.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:32 AM   #4
Beaver Believer
tencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
3 hours later.

New Thread:

Trust me, it crossed my mind as I posted this thread. She grew up a country girl, she has locked in the hubs a few times, but I did have to show her how to put it in 4Hi if needed. I just got the "I Made It" text. I'm probably more likely to put the brand new FWD Rav in a ditch on my way to the hospital. That's why we have zero deductions for both rigs on comp and collision, just in case.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:52 AM   #5
Pay it Forward
Graham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant future

Graham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
3 hours later.

New Thread:

I've been waking up to snow since November and am frankly quite sick of it.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:12 AM   #7
When all else fails read the directions
joerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoerussell610 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 18F-5th SFG
Name: Him
joerussell610's Tacoma Gallery
Nope not today. So far sunny and 71
Old 02-24-2011, 09:17 AM   #8
Tacoma 4 Life.
chaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchaz834 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chase
chaz834's Tacoma Gallery
5 days in a row for me...
Old 02-24-2011, 10:17 AM   #9
DJKitten is on a distinguished road

Name: Emily
DJKitten's Tacoma Gallery
Kirkland and surrounding area got 3-4 inches... Weather Bug says it's supposed to keep snowing here until around 2pm...
Old 02-24-2011, 10:20 AM   #10
Watching Chris4x4 o.O
borderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Navy: Leading seaman, Electrical Technician, CFFS(E), Pacific Fleet
Name: Jeremy
borderbrat's Tacoma Gallery
victoria turns retarded in the snow its hilarious abandoned cars on the highway and everything.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:24 AM   #11
chazjb is on a distinguished road

Name: James
chazjb's Tacoma Gallery
Yup woke up to about 4-5"... The strange thing is there are blue skies out but still snowing... gatta love Oregon weather haha
Old 02-24-2011, 12:11 PM   #12
Beaver Believer

We are up to a total of 4"-5" here in Corvallis. The lady and my truck made it home safely and the FWD Rav did surprisingly well to the hospital and back.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:19 PM   #14
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
we got about 12" of fresh snow last night, with temps well below zero with the wind chill and it is still snowing.

Old 02-24-2011, 12:24 PM   #15
Beaver Believer

I was stationed in Anchorage for three years, and it was amazing that the snow seemed to have no affect. I did notice that three lanes turned into two, and two into one, and so forth, but the snow and ice never really affected anyone's speed or general lack of disregard. If it was bad enough they would close base off, and that was jut a good time to stay inside and relax anyways. There's never anything so important to do when it's that ugly outside.

For all you guys in the "snowbelt" our measly 4" wouldn't make much of a difference, but for all the folks in the Willamette Valey, this snow is causing all sorts of trouble. So I'll take myself out of the equation; either stay home or stay OFF-ROAD
Old 02-24-2011, 12:28 PM   #16
Beaver Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
we got about 12" of fresh snow last night, with temps well below zero with the wind chill and it is still snowing.

My G'ma lives up towards Blanchard, and she told me that it snowed about 18" last night, and my aunt in Post Falls said she got around the 12" mark as well. Snow is normal, but those temps just cripple a person. Stay warm.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:29 PM   #17
jrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jrdbrn's Tacoma Gallery
It's freakin hot here.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:37 PM   #18
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I did
You live in Canukistan. If we didn't wake up to snow we'd wonder if the apocalypse has started.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:58 PM   #19
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37tIGLPadQo
Old 02-24-2011, 01:54 PM   #20
????????????
225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed

225nontypical's Tacoma Gallery
i did but we only got like an inch not really enough to make it fun