Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Wyoming B.S. Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-01-2012, 03:31 PM   #42
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
Haha all 7 of you in the state?
Old 03-01-2012, 06:23 PM   #44
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
Most of the meets are just Ben and I
Old 03-11-2012, 09:36 PM   #45
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
My pops is in Kemmerer. I'm heading up Thursday for an interview on Saturday with Exxonmobil.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:46 AM   #47
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Cool man! Hope it goes well. Would that mean you'd move here??
Affirmative!
Old 03-13-2012, 08:26 PM   #49
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Entire town of Buford, Wyo., for sale by sole resident

If you've got a spare $100,000, you could potentially become the owner of a small Wyoming town that's set to be auctioned off next month by its sole resident.
After more than 30 years of residing in the unincorporated community, town "mayor" Don Sammons says it's finally time to move on.

"Don, 'The Mayor', is retiring after 20 wonderful years in his town," Sammons writes on the website for his business, the Buford Trading Post, a gas station and store. "This entire, income producing, town is for sale; the house, the Trading Post, the former school house, along with all the history of this very unique place."

Buford, located between Cheyenne and Laramie, was first founded in the 1860s and was once home to an estimated 2,000 residents before the Transcontinental Railroad was rerouted.

Sammons moved to Buford with his family in 1980. In 1992, he bought the Buford Trading Post and has continued to preside as Buford's unofficial "mayor." Over the years, members of Sammons' family gradually moved away until he was finally left as the only resident.

"It was a great life for me and for my family," Sammons, 60, told the Wyoming Tribune Eagle, adding that selling it on his own wouldn't do the town justice. "I needed to find someone who is an expert in selling unique and one-of-a-kind items." Buford, Wyoming's second-oldest town, was named after a Civil War general.

Along with the above-mentioned items, whoever purchases Buford will also become proprietor of his or her very own ZIP code, 82052.

And while Sammons is Buford's sole resident, he's hardly alone out there. Sammons says the trading post is visited by roughly 1,000 customers per day.
A local advertisement for the forthcoming auction, hosted by Oklahoma-based Williams and Williams, describes the sale as follows:
"Unique opportunity to acquire an entire town, along with the Buford Trading post, an income-producing convenience and fuel store. Included in the auction are 10+/- acres of land, five buildings including a 3 bedroom home, United States post office boxes, plow and three vehicles. There is also a Union Wireless cellular tower with lease, and parking area previously used by an overnight shipping company for nighttime trailer switches."

"We're going to have a variety of people attracted to this property, based on what it would mean to them," Williams and Williams' Chief Marketing Officer Amy Bates told the Eagle.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...183155529.html
Old 03-13-2012, 08:37 PM   #51
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: I Babysit Adults
Name: Joben
Joben7726's Tacoma Gallery
The wife and I will be in Jackson Hole this summer
Old 03-13-2012, 08:49 PM   #53
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
I went to Jackson once too. Looked like this...

Old 03-13-2012, 10:30 PM   #54
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
I went to Jackson once too. Looked like this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
Entire town of Buford, Wyo., for sale by sole resident

If you've got a spare $100,000, you could potentially become the owner of a small Wyoming town that's set to be auctioned off next month by its sole resident.
After more than 30 years of residing in the unincorporated community, town "mayor" Don Sammons says it's finally time to move on.

"Don, 'The Mayor', is retiring after 20 wonderful years in his town," Sammons writes on the website for his business, the Buford Trading Post, a gas station and store. "This entire, income producing, town is for sale; the house, the Trading Post, the former school house, along with all the history of this very unique place."

Buford, located between Cheyenne and Laramie, was first founded in the 1860s and was once home to an estimated 2,000 residents before the Transcontinental Railroad was rerouted.

Sammons moved to Buford with his family in 1980. In 1992, he bought the Buford Trading Post and has continued to preside as Buford's unofficial "mayor." Over the years, members of Sammons' family gradually moved away until he was finally left as the only resident.

"It was a great life for me and for my family," Sammons, 60, told the Wyoming Tribune Eagle, adding that selling it on his own wouldn't do the town justice. "I needed to find someone who is an expert in selling unique and one-of-a-kind items." Buford, Wyoming's second-oldest town, was named after a Civil War general.

Along with the above-mentioned items, whoever purchases Buford will also become proprietor of his or her very own ZIP code, 82052.

And while Sammons is Buford's sole resident, he's hardly alone out there. Sammons says the trading post is visited by roughly 1,000 customers per day.
A local advertisement for the forthcoming auction, hosted by Oklahoma-based Williams and Williams, describes the sale as follows:
"Unique opportunity to acquire an entire town, along with the Buford Trading post, an income-producing convenience and fuel store. Included in the auction are 10+/- acres of land, five buildings including a 3 bedroom home, United States post office boxes, plow and three vehicles. There is also a Union Wireless cellular tower with lease, and parking area previously used by an overnight shipping company for nighttime trailer switches."

"We're going to have a variety of people attracted to this property, based on what it would mean to them," Williams and Williams' Chief Marketing Officer Amy Bates told the Eagle.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...183155529.html
I ended up almost getting blown off I80 driving big rig and parked there for the night! Cool little convenience store!
Old 03-23-2012, 05:17 PM   #56
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: I Babysit Adults
Name: Joben
Joben7726's Tacoma Gallery
Any of y'all gonna be near Jackson hole in July? Making the trek I'm my truck from VA.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:00 PM   #57

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
I believe wyotaco06 is from Jackson. Also, our next WY meet will be around that time in Lander which isn't far from Jackson.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/members/wyotaco06.html
Old 03-23-2012, 10:24 PM   #58
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
So far it's a no go on the job in Wy for me. Guess I'll hang out here in Vegas for a little while longer.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:35 PM   #60
SodakTaco will become famous soon enough
SodakTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWreck View Post
So far it's a no go on the job in Wy for me. Guess I'll hang out here in Vegas for a little while longer.
That's too bad, your bolt-on sliders are on my list and being able to just pick them up in state would have been sweet.

Products Discussed in this Thread