Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

2011 MT Summer meet

Old 03-25-2011, 09:05 AM   #1
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Talking 2011 MT Summer meet

Well its getting to be that time of year again when I start harping on everyone to get a meet together so here we go!

MT-TW spring/summer meet...
WHEN:
JUNE 10, 11, 12
WHERE:
Boulder / Basin area with base camp in the Bernice area (exit 151 off I15 north of Butte) I will have signs out (in case the camp is hidden in the trees etc) so we should be easy to spot.

For those of you coming from the west you have two options for routes. The first will take you from I-90 to Hwy 12 through Helena and then south on I-15, the other will take you on I-90 all the way to Butte where you will catch I-15 north. I'm not sure which would be faster/easier...going to Butte keeps you on the interstate the whole way where the other route is 2-lane highway and then you have to go through Helena so possible traffic issues there.

Option 1 - Take I-90 east to Garrison, exit at mm 174 and get on Hwy 12 east. Follow Hwy 12 for approx 45 miles to Helena. Hwy 12 turns into Euclid Ave and then into Lyndale Ave. At the intersection of Lyndale and North Montana Ave take a right On N. MT and follow that to 11th Ave (one way), take a left there and stay in the left lane. 11th will bring you to I-15 interchange; head south on I-15 to exit 151. At exit 151 head west on the dirt road approx. 6 miles to the camps. There is one major fork in the road - sign says boulder river rd/whitehouse camp --> and <-- lowland camp GO RIGHT towards whitehouse camp, with any luck that is where we will be!
*I believe that the route through Helena is a marked 'truck route' so watch for the signs.

Option 2 - Take I-90 to Butte, take exit 227 and you'll swing up north on I-15. Follow I-15 to exit 151. At exit 151 head west on the dirt road approx. 6 miles to the camps.

Anyone coming from the South...take I-15 north to Rocker, hop on I-90 east to Butte and then back onto I-15 north at exit 227. Watch for exit 151.

From the east...two options here too. Take I-90 west to Butte and exit at 227 to catch I-15 north to exit 151. OR take I-90 west to Cardwell, exit 256. Follow Hwy 2 (on the north side of the interstate) to the junction with Hwy 69. Follow Hwy 69 to Boulder and then hop onto I-15 south to exit 151.

UPDATED 05/04/11 - http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...ml#post3129226
UPDATED 05/22/11 - A LIST OF TRAILS IN THE BASIN/BOULDER AREA http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...ml#post3206660

WHAT:
Should be obvious but...driving, camping, and ???

and most importantly...

WHO:

YES! I'll be there rain or shine!
1 MTgirl - confirmed table, grill, drinking water, sun (or rain) shelter
2 Kroggy - June 18th confirmed grill, stove
3 Memario1214 - June 11th confirmed
4 m3bassman (ID) confirmed
5 nonfatwater7 - June 11th
6 MontanaYoter - June 11th confirmed (Friday/Saturday only)
7 MontanaTaco - either or confirmed (Friday/Saturday only)
8 bitejr138 (ID) - June 18th confirmed hi lift, tarps, axe, extra tent, tow strap, splitting maul, wedge, shovel, drinking water, some hand tools, and beer!
9 SupraT - either or confirmed chainsaw, extra tent
10 JDenny15 confirmed

Not sure yet.
1 mizzac
2 mondwa
3 monumental (NE)
4 mtelkhunter85
5 montanamtntaco - June 18th
6 dthiss21

Can't make it
1 Umrunner
2 claw
3 Yosh
4 jimmyjohn
5 6spdtaco
6 tarandus
7 swiss
8 flyfishinMT
9 blackdawg (WY)
10 himmie (AZ)
11 Satchimo
12 rcbs204
Old 03-25-2011, 09:15 AM   #3
kroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
kroggy's Tacoma Gallery
WHO:
1 MTgirl - June 11th
2 Kroggy - June 18th
Old 03-25-2011, 09:16 AM   #5
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
I was just gonna let Lisa keep post 1 updated...
yeah...fine...leave all of the work up to me!
Old 03-25-2011, 09:21 AM   #6
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
yeah...fine...leave all of the work up to me!
Always do
Old 03-25-2011, 09:23 AM   #7
kroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
kroggy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Always do

(Is a wink inappropriate and easily misconstrued???)
Dude this is not the place for that.... (So YES!!!)
Old 03-25-2011, 09:24 AM   #8

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery

*Colton is now officially uninvited*
Old 03-25-2011, 10:40 AM   #10
mizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mac
mizzac's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in once depending where we go, and when exactly so I can plan a trip home if I need to.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:16 PM   #11

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzac View Post
I'm in once depending where we go, and when exactly so I can plan a trip home if I need to.
So is that a yes? A no? or a maybe?
Old 03-25-2011, 01:25 PM   #12
Satchimo is on a distinguished road
Air Force: 58 MXS Propulsion Flight, Kirtland AFB
Name: Scott
Satchimo's Tacoma Gallery
I should be good to go for either weekend.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:30 PM   #13
6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nate
6spdtaco's Tacoma Gallery
too far in the future for me to know for sure. I'll have to say maybe for both dates.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:48 PM   #14
Caltanian
Umrunner is on a distinguished road

Umrunner's Tacoma Gallery
sad. i will have moved by then... otherwise i'd be all over that.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:05 PM   #15

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satchimo View Post
I should be good to go for either weekend.
I'll add you to the list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdtaco View Post
too far in the future for me to know for sure. I'll have to say maybe for both dates.
I know its a long way away but work is absolutely crazy for me and my opportunities to take ANY vacation time are going to be slim so I need to plan ahead. As is gets closer and one weekend or the other looks better for you let me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umrunner View Post
sad. i will have moved by then... otherwise i'd be all over that.
When are you moving and where!?!?!
Old 03-27-2011, 01:52 AM   #16
Caltanian
Umrunner is on a distinguished road

Umrunner's Tacoma Gallery
mtgirl- Moving to california for a few years to attend an auto engineering and design program. Always been a gear head, might as well cultivate it into a job (or so one hopes). Gonna spend a few years there, and come back. Rent my house out here... No reason not to come back.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:20 AM   #17
mizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mac
mizzac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
So is that a yes? A no? or a maybe?
Its more of a I'll let you know when you decide when it will be. Ill be in bum f*$# nowhere by then but roadtrips back home ways are a welcome.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:31 PM   #18
Nonfatwater7 is on a distinguished road

Nonfatwater7's Tacoma Gallery
I'd love to meet up and get in on this! Either weekend works for me, June 11th is sooner so I vote that one. I am in no matter what though.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:14 PM   #19

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonfatwater7 View Post
I'd love to meet up and get in on this! Either weekend works for me, June 11th is sooner so I vote that one. I am in no matter what though.
You're on the list!
Old 03-28-2011, 04:16 PM   #20
DrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery