Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

OR/WA Meet

View Poll Results: What dates and location work best for you??
Weekend of May 13th-15th 1 5.88%
Weekend of May 20th-22nd 1 5.88%
Weekend of May 27th-29th 1 5.88%
Weekend of June 3rd-5th 5 29.41%
Weekend of June 10th-12th 9 52.94%
Browns Camp 14 82.35%
The Dunes 4 23.53%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-12-2011, 07:46 AM   #1
chazjb is on a distinguished road

Name: James
chazjb's Tacoma Gallery
OR/WA Meet

I recently posted this in the 1st gen area but was told it should go in regional area so here it is.... Please reply to this thread not the other one.

Alright so after reading a crap ton of these posts it sounds like we just need to get a date and a location set so first off lets set a date then a location.

I want to get a poll started but not sure how to tie it to this post so any help would be appreciated.

How bout lets get a rough date set some time from the second weekend in May till the second weekend in June. (May13th- June12) What weekend works best for everyone for an overnighter trip and what location? Ill kinda take the bull by the horns and try to get something planned. This is my first planning of a trip so bare with me. I will start a thread named "OR/WA Meet" that way we dont blow this thread up with dates, so look it up and post your dates and locations that work best and I will keep track and let everyone know the progress. The final date and location will be posted on both threads April 29th. I think that the best two places to keep it simple are going to be browns camp or the dunes. The date and location with the most votes wins.

Lets get this going im excited to meet the locals!!
Old 04-12-2011, 08:27 AM   #2
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
I think June's going to be the best from a planning standpoint.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:29 AM   #3
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
Word on June. Its gonna be the end of the school year for me
Old 04-12-2011, 10:27 AM   #4
all.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

all.on.black's Tacoma Gallery
I'd be able to make any of the days. I'd prefer some harder trails and wouldn't mind leading. I don't know Browns camp all that well though.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:40 PM   #5

chazjb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by all.on.black View Post
I'd be able to make any of the days. I'd prefer some harder trails and wouldn't mind leading. I don't know Browns camp all that well though.

Sooooo where are you thinking? Like I said the location with the most votes wins so if you know of another place that may be better then feel free to share. But remember as I don't mind some rougher trails, others may not be equips to
Old 04-12-2011, 01:00 PM   #7
all.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

all.on.black's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not a huge fan on the dunes since they're only fun for a day but I could see why more people would want to do that. You don't get body damage from it and a stock truck could enjoy it. The Brown's camp trails we did last year were pretty easy. Most of them I did in 2wd. Once we split the group up we ran a few harder trails that were more fun for me. I'm always camping in that general area so I could meet up with the group where ever you guys decide. I would do Brown's camp and moderate/harder trails but there might only be 1 or 2 other trucks that would want the same.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:31 PM   #8
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
May seems a little too soon to me. I was actually thinking the 1st weekend in July, preferably at Brown's Camp. July 2nd and 3rd. And its a long weekend for most.
Interferes with 4th of July, most aren't going to want to fight traffic and there will be increased amount of people at either location.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:00 PM   #9
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
I voted June 10-12 @ Browns
Old 04-12-2011, 08:15 PM   #10

chazjb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
May seems a little too some to me. I was actually thinking the 1st weekend in July, preferably at Brown's Camp. July 2nd and 3rd. And its a long weekend for most.
We could always plan another trip in July but I really donít want to wait till half way through the summer to do a meet. Im going to stick with these dates for now and if the dates donít work for some then we will plan another trip after to better suit them. Also like Mike said, the first weekend in July interferes with the $the of July and everywhere is swarming with people on that weekend so probably not the best time.

I am voting for browns camp and any date but thatís just me... I've never driven on the beach except in pacific city so I donít know what im missing out on ha.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:59 PM   #11
Team Impulse Red
CHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dan
CHPTR11's Tacoma Gallery
I voted for the 10th - 12th of June, gives me some time to get shit done on the truck before the meet.

Also voted for Browns, I've been out to Sand Lakes a dozens of times and its fun if you have a quad, bike or prerunner, but its pretty boring driving a stock / mildly lifted truck IMO.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:07 AM   #12

chazjb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHPTR11 View Post
I voted for the 10th - 12th of June, gives me some time to get shit done on the truck before the meet.

Also voted for Browns, I've been out to Sand Lakes a dozens of times and its fun if you have a quad, bike or prerunner, but its pretty boring driving a stock / mildly lifted truck IMO.
Are you lifted at all?

So far it looks like browns camp on the weekend of June 10-12 is in the lead.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:12 PM   #13
Team Impulse Red
CHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dan
CHPTR11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazjb View Post
Are you lifted at all?
No, but I have Camburg's on the way and will be ordering deavers at the end of the week.

Im sure I can manage to get some sliders on by then as well.

My understanding is that Browns has stuff for everyone.

Plus I'll only come for one of the days as I'll be in Tillamook that weekend for fishing.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:18 PM   #14
Nuggety

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHPTR11 View Post
My understanding is that Browns has stuff for everyone.
It would be pretty rough for a 2WD non-Prerunner height that wanted to venture off the access roads, otherwise there is something for everyone.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:59 PM   #15

chazjb's Tacoma Gallery
From reading the OR/WA BS thread there were a lot more people wanting to do something... come on guys spread the word... I would like to get at least 10 Tacomas out on the trail.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:04 PM   #16
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
snowgod06's Tacoma Gallery
i thought i voted when you first put this up, guess my phone didnt submit it. Just voted.. Im sure most will want to go wheel/camp browns. But again, with 10+ trucks browns is gunna be a pain, especially if their are a lot of people from the GPOP out their as well.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:26 AM   #17

chazjb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgod06 View Post
i thought i voted when you first put this up, guess my phone didnt submit it. Just voted.. Im sure most will want to go wheel/camp browns. But again, with 10+ trucks browns is gunna be a pain, especially if their are a lot of people from the GPOP out their as well.
GPOP???

But ya that would be a lot for trail driving but we don't all have to do the same trail... We could split up for a few hours then meet back. I dont we will see so far it's only 5 people to browns.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:31 PM   #18
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
snowgod06's Tacoma Gallery
Genral population - GPOP

But lets see how many we can get. Weather being good I hope the turn out is going to be nice.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:37 PM   #19
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed in case im around for any of these dates. I vote a Browns camp meet like I setup last summer, but split into easy and hard trail groups.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:06 AM   #20
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by schiz94 View Post
Word on June. Its gonna be the end of the school year for me

x2