Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Want to learn how to weld!

Old 04-19-2011, 07:08 PM   #1
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Want to learn how to weld!

Anyone in Oregon a good welder? I am thinking about going to PCC this summer to take welding classes.. I would rather have someone teach me then go to a school and be taught(mostly would want to be taught by someone else then the school because I would have to pay a tuition).
Anyone local???
Old 04-20-2011, 08:59 PM   #2
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bump!!!
Old 04-20-2011, 08:59 PM   #3

bump
Old 04-20-2011, 09:15 PM   #4
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
My experience welding was greatly enhanced when I started taking a couple night classes, it's worth it. I shadowed a couple welders and got pretty good at sticking steel together and making it look good, but I learned alot more from the classes: fundamentals, metal types, etc. all the from the molecular level to what machine I should use for what job. Plus, you can learn how to do all types of welding in a class, whereas if were to shadow someone at a shop you'd probably only use 1-2 types over and over.

Classes are also an easy way to get your certs if you decide to take a career path in welding. Plus, when I did this 10 years ago, I got to make all sorts of cool stuff for my CJ5 I had at the time, and I'm pretty sure I broke even on tuition with the amount of material I used... and butchered.

It's easy to stick metal together, truely welding metal together is a fine art.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:39 AM   #5

I want to learn how to weld for fun. Maybe use the experience on my own rig and other peoples rigs.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:57 PM   #6
mall crawler
Rebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Parker
Rebel Taco 22's Tacoma Gallery
I also want to learn how to weld. Im trying to decide on what welder I want to get for my first one. Im thinking a miller or lincoln 220v. My plan is to mess around at my house attempting to build little things and then take some classes to get better. I think it would be really nice to be able to fab little stuff for my truck like beefing up my bud builts, making a hoop for my sliders, and building a bed rack. Any advice for a complete noob? Im only 16 btw.