Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

6/11/11 TSF Brown's Camp Run Photos/Video

Old 06-11-2011, 08:04 PM   #1
4Runner Pilot
YFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
6/11/11 TSF Brown's Camp Run Photos/Video

Hey guys, hopefully I beat you to it. Let's post up photos and videos from our weekend runs here!

Zach's solo climb
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpoBGEin2DA
Old 06-11-2011, 09:08 PM   #2
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
^^^Nice!

EDIT: BTW I didn't use my locker until I had to...
Old 06-11-2011, 10:45 PM   #3
Bobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bobert14's Tacoma Gallery
56k DEATH!

Firebreak 5

Hog's Back

Archer's Firebreak

Waterfall

Old 06-11-2011, 11:26 PM   #4
4Runner Pilot
YFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ You guys are nuts. Looks like it was definitely a good thing you guys had skids.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:39 PM   #5
mjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: National Strike Force
mjohn617's Tacoma Gallery
Beautiful...the BSP taco with the pop up had some crazy shots with clearance!
Old 06-12-2011, 01:32 PM   #6
never summer
singlefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

singlefin's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like good times...see you guys in August, anxious to get moved back up there.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:17 PM   #7
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
Nice!
Old 06-12-2011, 08:40 PM   #8
all.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

all.on.black's Tacoma Gallery
We didn't take many pictures but here's what I got.

Old 06-12-2011, 11:20 PM   #9
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like pics of FB5, and then a bunch of Archer's firebreak: 'Rocky uphill' ran going down, and 'Waterfall' going up. Did anyone try going up 'Can opener'?
Old 06-12-2011, 11:36 PM   #10
4Runner Pilot

YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Anton, I'm glad I got to see your truck in person. I wish I'd been able to roll with you guys and see it running through those sections. Do you ever lift a tire? Haha.

Now I've got long travel dreams. *sigh*
Old 06-13-2011, 08:38 AM   #12
SteelheadPDX is on a distinguished road

Name: David
SteelheadPDX's Tacoma Gallery

Old 06-13-2011, 09:35 AM   #13
all.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

all.on.black's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Looks like pics of FB5, and then a bunch of Archer's firebreak: 'Rocky uphill' ran going down, and 'Waterfall' going up. Did anyone try going up 'Can opener'?
Yep, you got that right. We didn't run Can opener. It doesn't look the same as when we ran it last year. It has a nice 5 foot ledge going up and it's rutted out. I don't think I'd make it up or down without some serious carnage. Speaking of carnage, the guy that was being winched up was on 40's for reference and he had a busted front drive shaft. He was being winched up a couple feet just so he could straighten his wheels and back down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YFZ_TRD View Post
Anton, I'm glad I got to see your truck in person. I wish I'd been able to roll with you guys and see it running through those sections. Do you ever lift a tire? Haha.

Now I've got long travel dreams. *sigh*
Thanks. It was nice meeting everyone. We had a good group this year. Everyone seemed pretty friendly. I lift a tire once in a while. If I do it's usually only a couple inches. My truck is pretty low (lift wise) so it stays on the ground for the most part.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:28 AM   #14
jammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant future

Name: James
jammdogg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to jammdogg
Guys, I had an absolute BLAST! It was good finally putting names to faces. I had never wheeled like this, and I am quite impressed at how well my longbed did with AT's and not aired down. Next time, I may just park for a bit and run one of the more difficult trails with one of you hardcore wheelers. Those pics are amazing.

The only pics I have before my camera battery went dead were of us installing my CB antenna, looking for the hood bold that slipped through the cracks. I am fairly certain it is somewhere on the trails!

Thanks again, and I look forward to the next run!
Old 06-13-2011, 11:53 AM   #15
4Runner Pilot

YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammdogg View Post
Guys, I had an absolute BLAST! It was good finally putting names to faces. I had never wheeled like this, and I am quite impressed at how well my longbed did with AT's and not aired down. Next time, I may just park for a bit and run one of the more difficult trails with one of you hardcore wheelers. Those pics are amazing.

The only pics I have before my camera battery went dead were of us installing my CB antenna, looking for the hood bold that slipped through the cracks. I am fairly certain it is somewhere on the trails!

Thanks again, and I look forward to the next run!
I was impressed as well James. Lucky dog not even airing down your ATs. Didn't realize that until the end.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:57 AM   #16
jammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant future

My issue with airing down is that the ARB and other deflators do not "fit" in my rims. The valve stems are smack in the middle of the wheel opening, and the gap is not wide enough. I had the same issue at the Winter run.

I will likely try to find a set of stock steelies for cheap and put different tires with a more aggressive pattern for wheeling.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:25 PM   #17
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
great pics guys! looks like a great time! thanks for sharing
Old 06-13-2011, 02:18 PM   #18
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammdogg View Post
I will likely try to find a set of stock steelies for cheap and put different tires with a more aggressive pattern for wheeling.
http://portland.craigslist.org/nco/pts/2431083186.html

That's $300 less than I paid, just about same setup. I think I like those rims a bit better, even.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:20 PM   #19
4Runner Pilot

YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenmunga View Post
http://portland.craigslist.org/nco/pts/2431083186.html

That's $300 less than I paid, just about same setup. I think I like those rims a bit better, even.
Damn!
Old 06-13-2011, 03:01 PM   #20

Hey Zach.

Would these fit your truck?

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/pts/2436523607.html