Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Information on forest road trails etc (NW Wash)?

Old 06-24-2011, 01:51 PM   #1
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Information on forest road trails etc (NW Wash)?

I'm looking for information on forest service trails that are accessible by vehicles? I know there are a ton of these roads in my area but I don't have specific information on them. I live north of Seattle and have spent a fair amount of time in the Mt. Baker/Snoqualmie natl forest.

Areas of specific interest: Are there maps available for forest service roads anywhere?

Mt. Pilchuck
Green Mountain
Darrington
Rockport

4WD needed is ok as long as it's not extreme, mainly looking for nice day drives where the wife and kids and I could go enjoy some sightseeing and I could use the 4WD on occasion. I was able to find a couple of sites dedicated to hiking but very few mention any road conditions.

Thanks!
Old 06-26-2011, 09:41 PM   #2
acidfly has a spectacular aura aboutacidfly has a spectacular aura aboutacidfly has a spectacular aura about
Navy:
Name: Kevin
acidfly's Tacoma Gallery
Can't drive green mountain, all gated up. The area around hunter farms out past hoodsport is great. Look for the steel bridge your kids will like it. Lots of roads up there.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:43 PM   #3
acidfly has a spectacular aura aboutacidfly has a spectacular aura aboutacidfly has a spectacular aura about
Navy:
Name: Kevin
acidfly's Tacoma Gallery
High steel bridge
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Steel_Bridge
Old 06-26-2011, 10:13 PM   #4
2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: chris
2008taco's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.dirtopia.com/wiki/Washington
There isn't too much detail on the trails for your area in there, but it at least gives you the trail names to google. Also after you run them you can create an account and post details and reviews for others. Also at some parks rangers have maps of the area showing ohv trails.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:15 PM   #5
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
We went to the top of Mt. Pilchuck yesterday, that was a nice drive. We couldn't get all the way to the top as a guy in a diesel F250 broke down trying to force his way through the snow. No finesse. Those people are irritating...

Then we drove down and went over barlow pass to Darrington. Really nice out there now.